Unknown source of crashing making half a lobby freeze.

Shao.7236

It happened 5 times today on about 8 games, something is clearly wrong. I would hate to lose everything because the game is malfunctioning. This has been happening even on 3v3's as well.

All I got isolated as what could be the issue is using Jade Winds on a Thief that's in Stealth then re-appearing.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:not to be that guy but first thing you should do is remove the overlay

What does that have to do with it?

other programs might fuck up with gw2, expecially since gw2 is old as hell made off spaghetti code.I have never met this problem, and I played against plenty of revs and plenty of thief's.Im not saying the issue is not with gw2, but if something like this exist try to remove any and all interference.remove dps tracker if you have it, remove mouse tracker, remove overlays etc etc.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:not to be that guy but first thing you should do is remove the overlay

other programs might kitten up with gw2, expecially since gw2 is old as hell made off spaghetti code.I have never met this problem, and I played against plenty of revs and plenty of thief's.Im not saying the issue is not with gw2, but if something like this exist try to remove any and all interference.remove dps tracker if you have it, remove mouse tracker, remove overlays etc etc.

This overlay is not visible for me in-game or interacting with the game in anyway. It's part of OBS as a source that is finalized and what you see while for the purpose of hiding the chat also provides useful information for people/myself to see when it comes to the gameplay. The only hook is the capture of OBS and I highly doubt that's the cause after so many years spent with it having no issue, I did not update anything in the recent times either but the game.

This has been happening for months now too, only more consistently today as I got to capture all of that in one night after the recent updates. Most of my friends run vanilla GW2 altogether with no changes at the lowest setting and still experience the freezes at the same time as I do, confirming most of the time via voice chat etc. I'm fairly sure that something was recently added and it didn't pass through all the testing because that happened in the past before where a full set of FFA players would crash when something happened in the arena.

All likely graphics related, again. If it was truly OBS to be the cause, we'd have a bigger problem here. I just want this to be fixed ASAP, because that doesn't just affect me but others in an entire team. It's quite funny that it ONLY happens in matches too, everywhere else is fine.

Edit: One of the last people said that freeze lasted for a full minute before being disconnected as well, so there's a lot to speculate other than hardware issues, I mean it's not just happening to me so it HAS to be the game somewhere.

@Shao.7236 said:

other programs might kitten up with gw2, expecially since gw2 is old as hell made off spaghetti code.I have never met this problem, and I played against plenty of revs and plenty of thief's.Im not saying the issue is not with gw2, but if something like this exist try to remove any and all interference.remove dps tracker if you have it, remove mouse tracker, remove overlays etc etc.

This overlay is not visible for me in-game or interacting with the game in anyway. It's part of OBS as a source that is finalized and what you see while for the purpose of hiding the chat also provides useful information for people/myself to see when it comes to the gameplay. The only hook is the capture of OBS and I highly doubt that's the cause after so many years spent with it having no issue, I did not update anything in the recent times either but the game.

This has been happening for months now too, only more consistently today as I got to capture all of that in one night after the recent updates. Most of my friends run vanilla GW2 altogether with no changes at the lowest setting and still experience the freezes at the same time as I do, confirming most of the time via voice chat etc. I'm fairly sure that something was recently added and it didn't pass through all the testing because that happened in the past before where a full set of FFA players would crash when something happened in the arena.

All likely graphics related, again. If it was truly OBS to be the cause, we'd have a bigger problem here. I just want this to be fixed ASAP, because that doesn't just affect me but others in an entire team. It's quite funny that it ONLY happens in matches too, everywhere else is fine.

Edit: One of the last people said that freeze lasted for a full minute before being disconnected as well, so there's a lot to speculate other than hardware issues, I mean it's not just happening to me so it HAS to be the game somewhere.

if my keyboard patch was capable of crashing my PC in 20 different blue screens then overlay and obs is capable of crashing the game.I have been there, I have done that. Expecially recently I have started replaying older games and they tend to crash when you have other things running in the background, let alone interacting with the game.If you had the issue without overlay/discord/other things then it is not the reason for it, but if you actually expect it to be fixed you want to give devs the best chances by lowering variables. Some gliches can be REALLY specific.

@"Shao.7236" said:It happened 5 times today on about 8 games, something is clearly wrong. I would hate to lose everything because the game is malfunctioning. This has been happening even on 3v3's as well.

All I got isolated as what could be the issue is using Jade Winds on a Thief that's in Stealth then re-appearing.

This has actually been happening a lot more often then ever before, a necro friend of mine was crashing so much that out of an entire AT he only got to play in 1 match, all other matches he was only in for about 2-4 minutes. Even my usual 60-90 ping was at 500-3k when I went into a match today clearly something is wrong.

Sure overlay is a factor for lag/crashing but if its the overlay he always use's its not a problem is it? If it was the overlay it would have been a problem when he first put on the overlay, this has nothing to do with it, the number of crashes has gone up considerably, as well as the number of full team crashes where 4-5 members of an opposing team DC. This is an ANET problem, not an overlay problem, thank you for your advice however it is flawed.

@Shao.7236 said:All I got isolated as what could be the issue is using Jade Winds on a Thief that's in Stealth then re-appearing.

Given your video evidence, this seems to clearly be the case and anyone who can't see that or is blaming something else is blind. The fact that it also affects other players in the match makes this a serious game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed immediately.

I dream of the day that Anet can actually keep Revenant bug-free.

@"Matiole.6857" said:

@Shao.7236 said:All I got isolated as what could be the issue is using Jade Winds on a Thief that's in Stealth then re-appearing.

Given your video evidence, this seems to clearly be the case and anyone who can't see that or is blaming something else is blind. The fact that it also affects other players in the match makes this a serious game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed immediately.

I dream of the day that Anet can actually keep Revenant bug-free.Second clip doesn’t show Jade Winds so it’s not the skill. But it seems to be more around using Rev elites in certain circumstances.

@phokus.8934 said:

@"Matiole.6857" said:

I dream of the day that Anet can actually keep Revenant bug-free.Second clip doesn’t show Jade Winds so it’s not the skill. But it seems to be more around using Rev elites in certain circumstances.

Although I don't want my statement to be taken as legitimate proof, it's all I could isolate. That is considered that as soon as the thief got revealed at home that 2 seconds after I have froze again if you look at the map that is. Now that I read patches there was a few Revenant changes, maybe that's related? Who knows. There was a few cases I couldn't save because I wasn't using my replay buffer which sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Shao.7236" said:It happened 5 times today on about 8 games, something is clearly wrong. I would hate to lose everything because the game is malfunctioning. This has been happening even on 3v3's as well.

this has happened to me too! twice in ranked and once in AT. during the AT incident, it was my entire team that froze, we all had to force restart our pcs just to get back into the match. i think this issue us caused by some bug in pvp matches as i never experienced freezing like this elsewhere.