Besides thieves, which class can escape even when chased by 5+ people?

aaron.7850

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

@aaron.7850 said:Lets assume a scenario where you will be in wvw and 4-6 low-to-avarage skill enemies are going to chase you and try to kill you.

Besides thieves or mesmers with their stealth, which class/setup has the best chances to run away or last alive the longest? Considering there will be instances where they will catch-up and throw damaging abilities at you.

This is exactly what is wrong with balance...NO class should ever be able to get away from 5 people, period!

on the long hand it depends on terrain usage too. no class can run forever, just some movement skills are better than others. depends also on the chasers reaction. if u mess up cc, you won't catch the few fast chars. if your opp activates stab and jump off a cliff owend by his color, you won't catch any class.

Thief and ranger will have the easiest time, and tend to have mobility and stealth baked into normal builds. Most classes can get away, but many can't in normal builds people run. Warrior can also run, but depends on the other classes not having much mobility, as warrior doesn't have stealth to mask the escape, which is the big thing, as thief and ranger can stealth and burn all their mobility skills and be far enough away to be OOC to mount up, double dodge, wait for mobility CDs, dismount, burn all CDs, remount and double dodge again etc etc.

Someone said mes, but meh, not so much, it has bursty mobility like guard, but not much of it and on long CD, it does have stealth though and it's big skill, that being blink doesn't need a target like guards JI does, and much like thief short bow, mes blink can blink up MANY areas that other teleport skills can't. So if they are in an area they can use this to their advantage, they indeed can get away but need to be aware of the terrain, so I would say mes can as well, but very situational, same with guard, if they are in an area they can port up or behind they can often get away, but anywhere else, probably not, big time if there is a thief, ranger or warrior chasing them. On thief or ranger, these are things I don't really need to think about, as disengage on both is very high, though of these two thief has the advantage of ports, not just leaps so it can also make use of vertical mobility as well.

All in all, if I am going to troll or just want a build I can get away on, I am going to be on thief.

@Taobella.6597 said:any class can run away if you know how to play it.

rev has shino to teleport awayengi has stealth an super speed to run awaynerco have wurm and spec walkwarrior have a bunch of leap skillguardian have teleportranger have a bunch of leaps and stealth

This is rubbish. How can 7+ people agree with it?

Guardian and Shiro can only teleport towards enemies (there isn't always a rabbit nearby).Necro can't use Spectral Walk to escape unless they've planned it and it's on very short duration.Ranger is the only one I agree with and that's probably that cheesy boonbeast thing that's supposedly been nerfed.Ele can mistform once while alive and once while dying, but mostly they can blink, heal themselves, cleanse themselves, to everything themselves, but they have to use incredible piano powers to do so, that's why most of them don't.Engi is probably in the same boat as ele, the ganking classes (ele, engi, mes, thief) seem quite similar: lots of skill required but if you can use them, you're godlike.

@Svarty.8019 said:

rev has shino to teleport awayengi has stealth an super speed to run awaynerco have wurm and spec walkwarrior have a bunch of leap skillguardian have teleportranger have a bunch of leaps and stealth

Guardian and Shiro can only teleport towards enemies (there isn't always a rabbit nearby).Necro can't use Spectral Walk to escape unless they've planned it and it's on very short duration.Ranger is the only one I agree with and that's probably that cheesy boonbeast thing that's supposedly been nerfed.Ele can mistform once while alive and once while dying, but mostly they can blink, heal themselves, cleanse themselves, to everything themselves, but they have to use incredible piano powers to do so, that's why most of them don't.Engi is probably in the same boat as ele, the ganking classes (ele, engi, mes, thief) seem quite similar: lots of skill required but if you can use them, you're godlike.

oh you are right i missed ele most ele use greatsword to run away.

@aspirine.6852 said:

Necro :D Yeah they are known for getting away during roaming......

Hey now i did not say it was a good plan but a plan is better then no plan :skull:

@Taobella.6597 said:

Necro :D Yeah they are known for getting away during roaming......

Hey now i did not say it was a good plan but a plan is better then no plan :skull:

Necro has two plans. Fight and win or Run/Fight and respawn.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Ele can mistform once while alive and once while dying, but mostly they can blink, heal themselves, cleanse themselves, to everything themselves, but they have to use incredible piano powers to do so, that's why most of them don't.

Gotta argue with you about ele. First, The poster you quoted did not include Ele.

Though he should have:

Sword dagger ele. Add in lightening flash, firery great sword, keep arcane for the traitline and you can have almost Perma swiftness.

Those who actually play weaver are quite used to the skill swaps.. It’s challenging but needs to be learned.

I’ve found that only the most dedicated chasers will be able to catch you. And those are normally thieves built for speed, not necessarily built to kill you.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

This is exactly what is wrong with balance...NO class should ever be able to get away from 5 people, period!

In real life, i literally park my entire 30 man class in 100m sprint races... why is 5 ingame "a totally unacceptable thing"? LOL