OW build for a new mesmer

Falk.9754

Hiya guys!I started the game not a long time ago, and I really love mesmer.But I am a bit lost with all the builds available.My main focus, for now, is to roam alone in OW, and to kill some champions, and hero point in HoT.So what build do you think is the most viable to do this ?Chrono, Mirage, Power, Condi ..... ?Thanks!

@Falk.9754 said:Hiya guys!I started the game not a long time ago, and I really love mesmer.But I am a bit lost with all the builds available.My main focus, for now, is to roam alone in OW, and to kill some champions, and hero point in HoT.So what build do you think is the most viable to do this ?Chrono, Mirage, Power, Condi ..... ?Thanks!

condi mirage

@"Falk.9754" said:Hiya guys!I started the game not a long time ago, and I really love mesmer.But I am a bit lost with all the builds available.My main focus, for now, is to roam alone in OW, and to kill some champions, and hero point in HoT.So what build do you think is the most viable to do this ?Chrono, Mirage, Power, Condi ..... ?Thanks!

I use shatter mirage for Open and story PVE, for WWW solo roaming, for sPVP solo.Very strong burst damage, good condi cleanse, mobilityhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEdrlRwQYXMNGKOSXtPXA-zRIYRUzXGZGC9WBmUQACoHA-e

for GS u can use blood and air sigils

An inexpensive Open World starting point is Staff/Staff w/Rabid gear. You can purchase all of it as Exotics on the auction house without spending too much gold, and it will be able to easily solo most Champions (and even some Legendaries). This is probably the most bang for your buck in open world. It excels against durable, dangerous targets, and is weaker to smaller groups of trash mobs (because they die too quickly to get condition damage ticking on them). It is sustained damage, and has very little burst. Trailblazer is better than Rabid, but you can't buy it from the trading post and it is considerably expensive to craft.

Full Rabid gear. Krait Runes. Two Staves. Energy and Malice Sigils in both.Dueling 1-2-3Chaos 2-2-3MIrage 2-2-1

Skills - Mirror or Mantra of Resolve, Signet of Domination, Signet of Midnight, Filler Skill (I usually run Illusionary Ambush for Target Swapping with 3 clones, but Crystal Sands is technically better dps. You could also run Feedback, or Null Field, or Mantra of Distraction or whatever other utility skill you need), and Jaunt.

@Toku.5972 said:An inexpensive Open World starting point is Staff/Staff w/Rabid gear. You can purchase all of it as Exotics on the auction house without spending too much gold, and it will be able to easily solo most Champions (and even some Legendaries). This is probably the most bang for your buck in open world. It excels against durable, dangerous targets, and is weaker to smaller groups of trash mobs (because they die too quickly to get condition damage ticking on them). It is sustained damage, and has very little burst. Trailblazer is better than Rabid, but you can't buy it from the trading post and it is considerably expensive to craft.

Full Rabid gear. Krait Runes. Two Staves. Energy and Malice Sigils in both.Dueling 1-2-3Chaos 2-2-3MIrage 2-2-1

Skills - Mirror or Mantra of Resolve, Signet of Domination, Signet of Midnight, Filler Skill (I usually run Illusionary Ambush for Target Swapping with 3 clones, but Crystal Sands is technically better dps. You could also run Feedback, or Null Field, or Mantra of Distraction or whatever other utility skill you need), and Jaunt.

Doesn't this do like 3k dps?

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Toku.5972 said:An inexpensive Open World starting point is Staff/Staff w/Rabid gear. You can purchase all of it as Exotics on the auction house without spending too much gold, and it will be able to easily solo most Champions (and even some Legendaries). This is probably the most bang for your buck in open world. It excels against durable, dangerous targets, and is weaker to smaller groups of trash mobs (because they die too quickly to get condition damage ticking on them). It is sustained damage, and has very little burst. Trailblazer is better than Rabid, but you can't buy it from the trading post and it is considerably expensive to craft.

You shouldn't have any trouble breaking 10k with this setup with selfbuffs only.

I run this buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAExlVw2YdsDGKOyWaNfA-zRRYBBDH2IoeA-eChrono if you have Chrono, or Duel if you don't. You start with #4 Greatsword to apply fury/mights/quickness to illusions, and so to stack these boons on you with Persistence of Memory ; then you spam skills randomly on CD. 40% BD + CS + signet should be enough to loop fury, quickness, alacrity, but personnaly I'm ~80% for the lol.DPS is quite* high alone. Illusions help to tank and kite, even pack of mobs or champions.

@Toku.5972 said:

You shouldn't have any trouble breaking 10k with this setup with selfbuffs only.

On solo DH I do 20k+ so even that is super underwhelming ;/

right on, def most beginner friendly build although seems like they removed from meta battle cause i was gonna link it

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@"Toku.5972" said:An inexpensive Open World starting point is Staff/Staff w/Rabid gear. You can purchase all of it as Exotics on the auction house without spending too much gold, and it will be able to easily solo most Champions (and even some Legendaries). This is probably the most bang for your buck in open world. It excels against durable, dangerous targets, and is weaker to smaller groups of trash mobs (because they die too quickly to get condition damage ticking on them). It is sustained damage, and has very little burst. Trailblazer is better than Rabid, but you can't buy it from the trading post and it is considerably expensive to craft.

right on, def most beginner friendly build although seems like they removed from meta battle cause i was gonna link it

I bookmarked it when I started playing it not long ago so here's the link - https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Staff/Staff_Infinite_Horizon

I think they keep the builds they just don't have them all listed on the main pages you navigate, but nothing is ever really deleted, just archived. The build is still great by the way - very survivable, good damage, easy to play.