LFG joiners not bringing requested classes

Good day everyone ,

Over the past few week in our raids and fracs we have encountered alot of players joining the group with no regard to our lfg ad. Examples include t4 + recs LF : Hb. Plenty of the joiners are not communicating when they join to explain the discrepancy between the ad and the class the brought. Had a few people message me back with worthless complaints on their removal from our party. Has anyone else had these issues or have a solution.

Regards,

Alac man

There's been a very real surge of players recently who feel that it's absolutely within their right to join squads/teams regardless of not meeting the qualifications in the LFG.If you do a forum search for LI and Strike you will see a few threads started by these people. The basis of their argument is that if they decided your LFG is unreasonable in some way, then they are fully entitled to join your squad.

The solution is to use the tools available to you and kick, block and move on.Report then if they harass you.

@tails true that solves issues I was more wondering what was the deal. If this issue was sparce then ok, but it is a constant battle when I'm not playing on static. We look for our healers first and it's a actual flood of random dps wandering in. It's a bit funny that no hand kiters randomly join. The same issue occurs in strikes as well.

As Tails.9372 said, PuG'ing is random. Reasons could be didn't read the complete LFG, don't understand the jargons (alacren, HB etc.), don't think the requirement is necessary, swapping to an alt and so on.

Imo, block seems excessive, could just explain to them and kick if necessary. Try placing the requirement infront (eg. LF: Hb, t4+ recs).

People don't care four your wishes and join anyway, it's as plain as that.

The easiest solution might be for you to play the role you want for your group.This just gets slightly more difficult if you wish for multiple roles (like an Alacrity Renegade or Boon Support Mesmer in addition to said Healbrand).

@"Tails.9372" said:Well the easiest "solution" would be to just pay with your guild or make premade groups, you don't have to worry about randoms if you're already a full team.

OR have Anet retool LFG to require the requested class as a joining requirement. These things are pretty simple in the business world.

[as I've said before: "I love spaghetti code and I'm available"]

@keenedge.9675 said:

@"Tails.9372" said:Well the easiest "solution" would be to just pay with your guild or make premade groups, you don't have to worry about randoms if you're already a full team.

OR have Anet retool LFG to require the requested class as a joining requirement. These things are pretty simple in the business world.

I would settle for the LFG to display the elite the player is using (eg. Core Guard, Firebrand or Dragonhunter) rather than it just displaying the guardian icon.

@frareanselm.1925 said:People join whith the class they know better. Do you want them to come with a class they have no clue just to fit in the group and die constantly?

No I would expect them to join a group thats looking for that class or start their own group and look for the people they want to fill theirs.EditIf Im looking for a guardian that give quickness to 5 people, I would expect to get a heal firebrand or a quick firebrand.If then a dragonhunter or core guardian join and dont speak dont even show and incling to switch out to the desired spec they get the boot. ( and yes if someone join with boon chrono that would work aswell )

And thats joining with the correct class just wrong spec, you dont want me to go into detail about all the warrior, ranger, necromancer, elementalist etc that join and ask do you need a dps?

@frareanselm.1925 said:People join whith the class they know better. Do you want them to come with a class they have no clue just to fit in the group and die constantly?

I think this is not really the issue. If a person better at dps ele then that is fine. The root issue is the advertisement and the proposed service do not match. We request alac and a dps shows up with no communication or explanation to how they would service our needs.

@panzerdragon.8791 said:

I think this is not really the issue. If a person better at dps ele then that is fine. The root issue is the advertisement and the proposed service do not match. We request alac and a dps shows up with no communication or explanation to how they would service our needs.Agree, I think the easier way to explain this is - when you go to the pharmacy asking for panadols for headache, but instead, they give you antihistamine for allergies :#

@keenedge.9675 said:

Doesn't work. Gotta remember that almost every class has popular power, condi, support hybrid and heal variation and even multiple variations within them. GW2 doesn't have any defining factors for "tank" or stuff while other games have roles locked to certain specs and you can't join as that role without having that spec. And further up, GW2 also has many peoples who don't understand how builds for instanced PVE content works and thus they might join that kind of LFG without knowing better what's actually required.

@frareanselm.1925 said:People join whith the class they know better. Do you want them to come with a class they have no clue just to fit in the group and die constantly?It doesn't matter.If someone's LFG says they want their DPS to be a Dire full Turret Holosmith or a Sentinel's Scourge and you are neither of these things then you don't join, even if you are well versed in a different and more effective DPS.

The End.But again, we have the tools to deal with this already.Kick. Block if desired and move on.Report if they react in a manner that violates the ToS.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:People join whith the class they know better. Do you want them to come with a class they have no clue just to fit in the group and die constantly?It doesn't matter.If someone's LFG says they want their DPS to be a Dire full Turret Holosmith or a Sentinel's Scourge and you are neither of these things then you don't join, even if you are well versed in a different and more effective DPS.

The End.But again, we have the tools to deal with this already.Kick. Block if desired and move on.Report if they react in a manner that violates the ToS.

I dont think fractals are so meta to ask for specific class combos and being so elitist. because i've seen pro people soloing most stuff or in duos.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

I dont think fractals are so meta to ask for specific class combos and being so elitist. because i've seen pro people soloing most stuff or in duos.

Kitty's also seen pro people solo raid stuff or in duos. But that doesn't mean that certain classes don't have certain advantages and if you ignore quickness (there's only 2 elite specs that can provide it reliably and very few others can self-sustain to some extent though that's usually losing dps from other traits), you're pretty much automatically in for 33% longer boss fight (at the very minimum). And due agony reducing incoming healing by 70% when it procs, guess who's in serious advantage at healing: the healer with blocks or another stronger healer without blocks? Healbrand currently has so excessive amounts of QoL compared to other healers in fractals atm that ofc people want to take it for carry.E: And it's not like Kitty likes the current situation either. The way quickness and alacrity as strong boons are bound to 2 classes each and how esp. quickness is so strong is somewhat disgusting as that seriously limits the options on what people would want as supports.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Try doing random t4 pugs with no healer for a week and tell me how it goes. I bet by the end of the week you will be asking for a healer, if not for yourself, then for the other people in your group who die all the time and make it take 2x as long.

Now do CM + t4 for a month with no quickness or alacrity. Try once with proper boons and see how much faster it is. Then try to justify to yourself spending 2 hours every day on fractals, when if you asked for specific classes you could cut it down to 1 hr.

Yes you can complete fractals with 5 random classes. But its far faster, easier, smoother and for most people more fun, to have a meta comp.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

And neither are 3 of the strikes. But it's their team and they manage it how they choose.Just because someone can do it with anyone doesn't mean they want to.

I simply do not understand why you would even debate or make excuses.Their Team, their rules... abide or make your own team.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

And neither are 3 of the strikes. But it's their team and they manage it how they choose.Just because someone
can
do it with anyone doesn't mean they
want
to.

I simply do not understand why you would even debate or make excuses.Their Team, their rules... abide or make your own team.

This. And also as many times as it has been said before.

No matter how much one feels they know better or how correct they are, it's rude to force one's way onto another's group contrary to their description. That does not mean you can't negotiate however and come to an agreement with the party, but just barging in against the request is inconsiderate.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Start your own group labeled all classes welcome if you really feel that way for daily cms and t4s. I'd love to see the no elitist run where it takes 10 break bars to phase ensolyss

Here is what I do in Strike Missions to deal with this issue:

• First of, I demand players who join to post their role. If they don't comply, they get kicked.
  • Next, I place players who fit the requirements in subgroup 2 and 3 and leave those who don't in subgroup 1. Some of the latter often ask what is still needed and then relog (you need to give them a chance to do so ;) ). If they don't, I kick them.

This has proven to be a successful technique. However, I see the difficulty in Fractal groups, since they are not squads. ANet needs to think of something there.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

I am very entitled.