How to kill a bunker Soulbeast in WvW?

schloumou.3982

Heya frands. I'm Engi main but have quite some hours on Ele and Mes too. Lately I had the iffy pleasure to face more and more condi/power bunker Sb builds in WvW and frankly it felt like a brickwall. Tried power burst Holo with lots of CC but even when I landed everything they didnt even go half life. When i switched to Condi builds it got even worse. They seem to pack absurde cleanses and are highly mobile on top. Any tips?

Soulbeast is one of the best roamers in the game. Actually, probably the best.

Problem for you in WvW is that with Marauder, zerker, and some Cele gear, the stat distribution on these guys is pretty nuts. For instance, on my build I have 26k HP, 1600 toughness, 2400 power with food, 240% Crit damage, and 91% Crit chance (with perma fury). I can zerg and duel with this. On top of that, very high protection uptime.

The answer as always is more damage. You're probably not outputting enough to pressure them.

Thanks for the input. I'm allready running Tools/Explo/Holo with Maro/Bersi mix so not much more in in the damage department left besides runes maybe and dropping all cleans which would be counterproductive. Think i'll keep looking for duels to figure something out or maybe have to avoid them at one point. sadfaceNo builds you guys struggle against?

@schloumou.3982 said:Thanks for the input. I'm allready running Tools/Explo/Holo with Maro/Bersi mix so not much more in in the damage department left besides runes maybe and dropping all cleans which would be counterproductive. Think i'll keep looking for duels to figure something out or maybe have to avoid them at one point. sadfaceNo builds you guys struggle against?

Pretty much any high boon bunker build of any class. Unless I go full pve zerk dps, giving up damage mitigation and condi cleanses. Its fun, but I just end up being a tower ranger

Strip their boons if you are able and maintain constant pressure at the right times. If they're using a longbow get in close and pressure, if they're using something like sword/axe or greatsword be careful about when you time your attacks so you're not punished or they miss. Watch for when they pop their dolyak stance and when their protection is up, that's when they're at their hardest to murder. The thing about tankier boonbeasts is that they're top tier at mitigating damage through traits, boons, utilities and weapon skills, however they're not so top tier at healing through damage once they've taken it. If you run conditions, bait out their bear stance heal and try to burst when while they don't have protection (or remove/convert it). Boonbeasts are usually pretty slippery but not especially stellar at negating control effects that successfully hit. Smack 'em with cripple/chill/daze/stun before a wombo combo if you're able.

~ Kovu

• 3 weeks later...

@"Kovu.7560" said:Strip their boons if you are able and maintain constant pressure at the right times. If they're using a longbow get in close and pressure, if they're using something like sword/axe or greatsword be careful about when you time your attacks so you're not punished or they miss. Watch for when they pop their dolyak stance and when their protection is up, that's when they're at their hardest to murder. The thing about tankier boonbeasts is that they're top tier at mitigating damage through traits, boons, utilities and weapon skills, however they're not so top tier at healing through damage once they've taken it. If you run conditions, bait out their bear stance heal and try to burst when while they don't have protection (or remove/convert it). Boonbeasts are usually pretty slippery but not especially stellar at negating control effects that successfully hit. Smack 'em with cripple/chill/daze/stun before a wombo combo if you're able.

~ Kovu

What, boonbeast has toptier sustain with perma regen and perma prot heals along with 2 heal skills. Bear stance isn't even really used unless condi. You can easilly just kite around and use the block while your health total goes back to full.

This is my mains main build and has been for ages http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEcEWosAWErj9wMxjay9VOgD-zRZYVBd0FEuY0xOjMlC9qC04BJM6dUNDA-e

@mistsim.2748 said:Soulbeast is one of the best roamers in the game. Actually, probably the best.

Problem for you in WvW is that with Marauder, zerker, and some Cele gear, the stat distribution on these guys is pretty nuts. For instance, on my build I have 26k HP, 1600 toughness, 2400 power with food, 240% Crit damage, and 91% Crit chance (with perma fury). I can zerg and duel with this. On top of that, very high protection uptime.

The answer as always is more damage. You're probably not outputting enough to pressure them.

´whats ur build I cant get anywhere near those stats

@mistsim.2748 said:Soulbeast is one of the best roamers in the game. Actually, probably the best.

Share your build

@ferbz.6987 said:

@"mistsim.2748" said:Soulbeast is one of the best roamers in the game. Actually, probably the best.

Share your build

not my build, but here something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAceFlRw2YasHGKW0X7PzBEB-zVRYVBZIGdc5ngGnlIetA-w

You can see it perform in an "ideal" environment here:

I'm making the assumption there is Fury. With axes in your hand, it's a cool 255% crit damage. If you have a decent squad that will give you boons, this is one of the highest dps zerg-busting builds in the game. Swoop on the backline, suck them in, and drop 15k damage on them almost instantly.

If you're roaming and want protection, simply switch up some utilities. LB instead of axes, and so on. In any case, a Marauder set + Durability runes is a really good investment. A couple of celestial pieces go a long way.