I present to you a balanced class:

MTC.9536

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseHilariousUdonMrDestructoid

Edit: After reading all the comments, here a quick statement: the reason I posted this clip here is not the amount of damage, there are other classes that do similar damage. It is the way the damage is being delivered ignoring LOS while having some evades + heal that allow rev to sustain damage better than other glass cannons. Also: some people said I had dodge rolls, this is a clear hindsight bias and I will tell you why I think that:

"I came from respawn and the plan was to push in with the team. I am fully aware revs can jump through walls. The question is: should I just predict spam both my dodge rolls everytime I have them ready even behind walls etc all the time I am in their range even if I am behind walls? The answer could probably be yes, and that's the problem I have with this class. The threat of being jumped through walls and bursted like that shouldn't exist in a game that was built around abusing LOS and having good positioning because this completely defies good positioning!"

And for the people that said playing reaper or necro was the problem. No, it is not, it is currently one of the meta builds played in high tier PVP.

And for the people that said I didn't react fast enough: when you slow down the clip you see this burst took less than two seconds and I got almost immediately stomped in downstate as well which means popping shroud would have made no difference and even if my reaction time for a dodge roll would be 0,5s I would have been finished with the rest of the damage after. Can't even believe I am justifying this as it is clear when you watch the clip. It is not like I could have double dodged and survived.

And for those people saying I didn't have cooldowns: if I had worm up and blinked away, they would have gotten ported with me with their sword #3 they used on me so I don't see why people bring shortsighted arguments like that in the discussion.

And for people saying I made a huge mistake walking up to them: we just lost the teamfight middle which is why I was on cd and we regrouped close. Then we wanted to push middle to take the teamfight together. You even saw me waiting a little bit to make sure the revs are distracted by my team pushing in so I am more safe. I mean, what's the alternative? - Staying afk close until the revs are actually fully engaged in a fight with my team to then sneak up to the point? - Obviously not. The play to move closely to my team but a little bit behind was correct. No cooldowns, dodges or shroud would have saved me and going alone to a different node or afk on close would have been wrong.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got jumped by two bursty roamer-ish classes, weren't paying attention enough to notice they were around because revs don't have stealth and you should def be keeping track, had all your utilities on cooldown, and didn't even manage to press shroud.

Work on your map awareness and mashing shroud faster.

@Curennos.9307 said:You got jumped by two bursty roamer-ish classes, weren't paying attention enough to notice they were around because revs don't have stealth and you should def be keeping track, had all your utilities on cooldown, and didn't even manage to press shroud.

It was through the wall when I came from respawn, so the alternative would have been to stay afk in base, and don't worry about my skill lvl, this is p3/leg ranked games ;)

@MTC.9536 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:You got jumped by two bursty roamer-ish classes, weren't paying attention enough to notice they were around because revs don't have stealth and you should def be keeping track, had all your utilities on cooldown, and didn't even manage to press shroud.

It was through the wall when I came from respawn, so the alternative would have been to stay afk in base, and don't worry about my skill lvl, this is p3/leg ranked games ;)

Also: when I port away with worm their sword 3 ports them with me and waiting until it ends would also mean I am dead so yeah :disappointed:

This is blatant bias.

@MTC.9536 said:

The alternative wouldve been to wait or take a detour to far tbh. Your teammates were moving into them, they couldnt afford to just sit there and wait for you, at which point you wouldve been able to join up with your teammates. After all, you knew both of their locations. Granted, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but thats how it goes when you get outnumbered.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Curennos.9307" said:You got jumped by two bursty roamer-ish classes, weren't paying attention enough to notice they were around because revs don't have stealth and you should def be keeping track, had all your utilities on cooldown, and didn't even manage to press shroud.

This is blatant bias.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bias hope this helps

I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

Could to the same with 2 core guards. Or 2 thieves. Or 2 shatter mesmers. Or two... You get my point? This was a pretty big misplay on the reapers part. Curennos already summed it up:

@Curennos.9307 said:You got jumped by two bursty roamer-ish classes, weren't paying attention enough to notice they were around because revs don't have stealth and you should def be keeping track, had all your utilities on cooldown, and didn't even manage to press shroud.Work on your map awareness and mashing shroud faster.

Shiyo has a unique insight though:

@Shiyo.3578 said:This is blatant bias.

Well I guess the reaper played flawlessly after all. Pointing out how to avoid getting deleted like this... what was he even thinking? Nerf revenant!

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

Honestly reaper, necro w/e has insane sustain as it is. Not saying revs dont do a bit to much damage but had u serviced a burst from bot it would be u that would be insanely broken. Although u should last few secs longer than u did so ud atleast have a chance at counter play of course but this is gw2, what do u expect? Pvp is a joke in this game now.

@Arken.3725 said:

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

I mean

You got jumped by 2 glass heralds, not only being alone but with no utilities and being a necro, the class that is most vulnerable to those kind of bursts. They were also coordinated. Every game has assassin type classes that can do that, specially to classes like necromancer.

I feel like if you were coordinated with someone appropriate aswell, say a tempest, that wouldnt happen. Yes, it is frustrating but that is how it is when you play Necromancer and wander around alone vs 2 experienced coordinated heralds.

As you said it yourself, if this is a plat 3/leg game, you will be punished for small mistakes like that.

If not even two players who quickly kill an opponent by attacking with coordinated action are considered normal, I don't know what gw2 players want anymore.What does this post show? I've seen similar actions done by Misha and Sind in some live on Twitch, so Nerf Mesmer and Thief?

@Arken.3725 said:

Thats a bet you would lose. 10k burst each over 2 seconds. Yeah thats not hard to achieve. Some need quickness, but the ones that do happen to have it. The only one that might get a bit tricky is Ele and Reaper, I dont remember exactly what the burst ele rotation is and how long it takes to cast, and Reaper needs setup.

I mean, compared to 2 Guardian, 2 Engineers (holo or no) or 2 rangers? Nah, Power Rev aint got what it takes to match their sustain.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

It's going to be hilarious watching you try. The amount of setup needed by the burst by what those two rev's produced is nothing like other classes. He literally dropped in less than 3 seconds. The setup necessary for the other classes mentioned is far more difficult. I know you're a smart guy but you also play Rev. You gotta know your profession of choice is head-over-heels above the rest in whatever respected category they want.

Power Herald: Outside of Holosmith, it's the strongest power spec in the game that has mobility only second to thief with far more sustainability.

Condi Herald: I can't think of any other spec that has the sheer condition output combined with near 100% up-time on resistance with other boon-spam. Said boon-spam is also applied to power herald without the resistance.

Renegade: This spec is essentially an upgraded version of symbol-brand or any symbol guardian. The on-point pressure is 2nd to none.

All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that two of the three mentioned specs have access to arguably the best heal in the game(infuse light).

Enjoy the facts.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Infuse light wouldn't be the best heal in the game if it made your entire character enveloped in a gigantic blue glowing bubble imo.

What? How does that make ANY sense? Also, the idea of not attacking as counter-play against it is also bull. Persistent AoE is a thing, team-fight AoE is a thing. It's VERY hard to counter-play against it.