Salvaging Ascended Armor Won't Give Ascended Insignia

I don't know if it lacks info on the wiki about this, but I better tell all the events:

I'm currently making an ascended heavy armor (Zojja's, to be specific), creating piece by piece. Recently, I got a Chest of Malicious Shoulders on fractals and although I already had made the shoulders, I read that salvaging an ascended armor will give you the insignia back. so I chose the heavy shoulder, changed it on the mystic toilet to Zojja's, then salvaged it and... got only a Lesser Vision Crystal and a Ball of dark energy.

Eventually, lightning struck twice, and I got an Chest of Assaulter Gloves. So I decided to to the opposite: made the gloves in Zojja's, switched my crafted gloves by my new ones, salvaged the crafted one and... again, only a Lesser Vision Crystal and a Ball of dark energy.

I don't know if this is a glitch or if it's how it's supposed to be. In the wiki, it says that you get the insignia by salvaging ascended, but I don't know if that "get" means "always get" or "chance of getting". Can anyone enlighten me?

I don't think I've ever gotten an insignia or inscription from salvaging ascended. Only (lesser)vision crystal or one of the other other components.

There is also the additional issue of trying it on stat selectable gear which could have multiple possibilities of how that might be handled.