I present to you a balanced class:

MTC.9536

The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

However, condis and stuff are another story, so is random AOE. But I don't feel that it's absurdly overpowered outside of condi rev since shiro heal is utter trash - almost like infuse light is balanced around shiro heal.

Maybe rev shouldn't have two heals, tbh.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arken.3725 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

It's going to be hilarious watching you try. The amount of setup needed by the burst by what those two rev's produced is nothing like other classes. He literally dropped in less than 3 seconds. The setup necessary for the other classes mentioned is far more difficult. I know you're a smart guy but you also play Rev. You gotta know your profession of choice is head-over-heels above the rest in whatever respected category they want.

Im not sure whats hilarious about watching someone succeed in a trivially easy "challenge". You do realise "10k damage in 3 seconds" is not particularly impressive, right? Power Mesmer achieves more in half a second. Warrior can easily do it with bullrush or shield bash into quickened hundred blades, berserker can do some other GS shenanigans, burst DH can do it with TP True Shot, Engineer can use grenade barrage, ranger can probably still do it with Maul into Maul or Rapid Fire nonsense, Fresh Air Ele can probably do it with any of their channeled + instant combos, and Reaper can still do Soul Spiral nonsense

Power Herald: Outside of Holosmith, it's the strongest power spec in the game that has mobility only second to thief with far more sustainability.

Its strong, but its mobility is actually not particularly noteworthy. In terms of moving around the map its outclassed by Warrior, Ranger, Engineer, Thief and Mesmer, in terms of in-combat mobility its basically par for the course.

@Arken.3725 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

It's going to be hilarious watching you try. The amount of setup needed by the burst by what those two rev's produced is nothing like other classes. He literally dropped in less than 3 seconds. The setup necessary for the other classes mentioned is far more difficult. I know you're a smart guy but you also play Rev. You gotta know your profession of choice is head-over-heels above the rest in whatever respected category they want.

Power Herald: Outside of Holosmith, it's the strongest power spec in the game that has mobility only second to thief with far more sustainability.

Condi Herald: I can't think of any other spec that has the sheer condition output combined with near 100% up-time on resistance with other boon-spam. Said boon-spam is also applied to power herald without the resistance.

Renegade: This spec is essentially an upgraded version of symbol-brand or any symbol guardian. The on-point pressure is 2nd to none.

All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that two of the three mentioned specs have access to arguably the best heal in the game(infuse light).

Enjoy the facts.

Only took one holo to burst harder and faster than those 2 heralds combined no outside buffs required either. The heavy target golem in the video has 22,084 health and 2,597 armor. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_Golem_-_Heavy) even if the reaper was paladins it doesn't get that tanky. Give gold pls.

The root cause is basically Quickness. Without it, that particular burst combo those Revs are using can be very easily stopped with a single CC ( Power shiro has no stab and only 2 stunbreaks, both of which carry serious downsides ). But because of quickness, that combo can only be realistically dealt with if you are at least slightly ping-carried ( Or have quickness yourself lmao ). There is nothing wrong inherently with the abilities that come along with that Rev combo. There have been many times in the past where power shiro wasn't meta or was even trash tier and it's actually even weaker now then it was back then. But quickness is just busted, and leads to unfun situations like this.

It's one of the reasons why I recommended a change to have quickness stack intensity up to 5 times. Each stack would grant "increases attack and action speeds by 10%". This would allow Quickness to be better balanced on a class-by-class basis.

@Arken.3725 said:

I can do basicly the same burst with a deadeye. Alone. If you're trying to make the point that only revenant can deal power damage in this meta, I'm sorry but NO.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.Lol ?It just confirm what I'm thinking when reading your no clue debate on pre partch state that you just want to freekill people on thief calling it skill, in regards to your average post in this forum.But wait, we are in a tank meta with every professions unkillable lmao. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now to add something to the discussion :

...Revs are using can be very easily stopped with a single CC...In this vid yeah, usually no because of blind application.And you can't counter pressure because of weakness application unless you play condi.

I said holo is the best power spec class in my description. Also to the one above that stated if I said it was to point out that rev was the only one who could do damage. I never said that, reread what I said it was:

To the same degree, speed while maintaining the crazy sustain through evades, blocks, mobility and again glint heal. Please don't cherry pick what I said.

@viquing.8254 said:

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.Lol ?It just confirm what I'm thinking when reading your no clue debate on pre partch state that you just want to freekill people on thief calling it skill, in regards to your average post in this forum.

Except despite your attempts to deflect from your own lack of knowledge, I dont actually play thief, and havent in months. I play engineer. Besides, pre-patch 2 thieves would only barely have been able to kill the necro alone either, so its not like it gets better.

But wait, we are in a tank meta with every professions unkillable lmao. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Your memory cant be this bad. Remember what the caveat was? UNLESS THEYRE OUTNUMBERED. Here we have a 1v2. The necro is outnumbered. if youre outnumbered, you get killed. Now imagine it was only one rev, do you think the Necro wouldve died? Spoiler: Nope.

@Arken.3725 said:

HAHAHAHA learn to stow weapon on infuse light, then what sustain?

@Shiyo.3578 said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

There is literally an icon on their head that says 'I'm about to heal'. No other class has to deal with telegraphing their heal that obviously lmfao. So no you don't need a crystal ball to prevent healing infuse light.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

There is literally an icon on their head that says 'I'm about to heal'. No other class has to deal with telegraphing their heal that obviously lmfao. So no you don't need a crystal ball to prevent healing infuse light.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Conditions

:lol:

Condi rev and power rev are too strong at the moment, together with holosmith, and not properly balanced. Though, I admit, it is not because of the sheer burst.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

Condi rev and power rev are too strong at the moment, together with holosmith, and not properly balanced. Though, I admit, it is not because of the sheer burst.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Facet_of_Light

Not even necro has to deal with telling the enemy when your heal is ready at all times.

@Jekkt.6045 said:that's not condi rev. you're not allowed to talk about balance if it's not about condi rev.

on a more serious note: yes power rev damage is broken and people don't want to hear it. btw nade damage on holo is broken too.

Do you realize that the class in the video can hit upward of 9k dmg with a single skill?..by comparison the hardest hitting skill on power rev is deathstrike...so much that you can duel a mediocre power herald on a core ele, not that I play revenant or care about anymore about forum drama but shove comes to shove if there is one class right now I want to see nerfed above anything else and with absolutely urgency....it would be necromancer

Looks to me like you got caught with your pants down and didn't react quick enough.

You knew they were there, you know you had all utilities on cooldown and you still pushed to where they could port onto you. You had both dodges available and could have used one as soon as the first rev ported in or you could have immediately gone into shroud.

Don't get me wrong, Power Revs are very strong but 2 Power Revs SHOULD be able to burst a target down like that. Especially if the target has no stunbreaks or counters.

Seems to me like it more of an error on your part than Power Rev being powerful.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not disputing Ventari's skill level, he is a very good player. Just saying this one clip doesn't show Power Rev needing a nerf. I'd say sustain and condi's needs looked at before anything!

@UNOwen.7132 said:

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.Lol ?It just confirm what I'm thinking when reading your no clue debate on pre partch state that you just want to freekill people on thief calling it skill, in regards to your average post in this forum.

Except despite your attempts to deflect from your own lack of knowledge, I dont actually
play
thief, and havent in months. I play engineer. Besides, pre-patch 2 thieves would only barely have been able to kill the necro alone either, so its not like it gets better.

But wait, we are in a tank meta with every professions unkillable lmao. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Your memory cant be this bad. Remember what the caveat was?
UNLESS THEYRE OUTNUMBERED
. Here we have a 1v2. The necro is outnumbered. if youre outnumbered, you get killed. Now imagine it was only one rev, do you think the Necro wouldve died? Spoiler: Nope.

And outnumbered situation never happen on a 5v5 capture point map OFC.In this particular video and looking at protagonist reaction time, 1 rev should be enough to kill the nec in few sec sadly.

@viquing.8254 said:

Except despite your attempts to deflect from your own lack of knowledge, I dont actually
play
thief, and havent in months. I play engineer. Besides, pre-patch 2 thieves would only barely have been able to kill the necro alone either, so its not like it gets better.

Your memory cant be this bad. Remember what the caveat was?
UNLESS THEYRE OUTNUMBERED
. Here we have a 1v2. The necro is outnumbered. if youre outnumbered, you get killed. Now imagine it was only one rev, do you think the Necro wouldve died? Spoiler: Nope.

And outnumbered situation never happen on a 5v5 capture point map OFC.

Of course it happens. Thats macro, its part of the game. The problem is when its the only way a player can die.

In this particular video and looking at protagonist reaction time, 1 rev should be enough to kill the nec in few sec sadly.

Nah. He wouldve entered shroud with 11k health left and then the revs damage wouldve fallen off now that everything was on cooldown. The 2v1 was mandatory to get a kill there.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Not even necro has to deal with telling the enemy when your heal is ready at all times.

I strongly disagree with your assumption of Glint heal being the most telegraphed healing skill, yes.

Do you mean when facet is up? Like "lol, you better never do damage, because i could literally tun all your damage into healing anytime?" Or do you mean the chaning icon on the buff bar? Or are you talking about those very visible symbols around rev's feet? The great telegraphed 1/4s you need to activate the facet?

Nothing is even remotely as telegraphed as many many other healing skills. Like necro's 1.25s (!) healing skill, raising it's arm high, blue shiny lights around him...

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

I strongly disagree with your assumption of Glint heal being the most telegraphed healing skill, yes.

Do you mean when facet is up? Like "lol, you better never do damage, because i could literally tun all your damage into healing anytime?" Or do you mean the chaning icon on the buff bar? Or are you talking about those very visible symbols around rev's feet? The great telegraphed 1/4s you need to activate the facet?

Nothing is even remotely as telegraphed as many many other healing skills. Like necro's 1.25s (!) healing skill, raising it's arm high, blue shiny lights around him...

Yes I'm talking about the icon on the buff bar. If that's not enough for you, learn to play? Because without you or your teammates pummeling the rev during infuse light it is a <2k heal.