What is the real list of OPness right now?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

1. Holo
  2. Rev
  3. Ranger
  4. Guardian
  5. Necro
  6. Thief
  7. Ele
  8. Mesmer
  9. Warrior

@Leonidrex.5649 said:warrior needs dmg on CC backIt has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLYIf only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... ?

Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol

lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.by nerfing kitten up the list and adding SOME damage to CC would fix most warrior issues.Main problem off warrior is and always will be, its fair.

100% agree and a class that's fair by design is more predictable as well as more easily countered therefore it should be more punishing to a opponent who makes mistakes fighting it, prob is it isn't, it's very easy for any player who's played a while to know exactly when to pop a stab or a stun break vs a warrior as they know what burst the war will be going for just by its weapon set. Cuz cc does no damage a successful bullscharge can be made useless by a stunbreak or easily stopped by stab which basically stops the war gs burst out right, gs as just an example.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

1. Holo
  2. Rev
  3. Ranger
  4. Guardian
  5. Necro
  6. Thief
  7. Ele
  8. Mesmer
  9. Warrior

@Leonidrex.5649 said:warrior needs dmg on CC backIt has plenty of those. That's not what's holding Warr back.

AND something else on top, I dont know what It could be

And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLYIf only there was a way to combine these and fix two problems in one go... ?

Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back. By design and how integrated the need for hard cc for a war to effectively burst someone having zero damage on cc hit wars overall damage and burst significantly compared to other classes. If the devs compensated wars non cc skills or skills that were commonly used as part of their burst with more damage then maybe things would be different. As it is now as predictable and counter playable as war bursts are, even if ur successful in getting the full burst rotation off most classes but glass ones will shrug off the damage due to the loss of damage on cc. Thst is if they simply don't pop stab or a stun break lol

lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.by nerfing kitten up the list and adding SOME damage to CC would fix most warrior issues.Main problem off warrior is and always will be, its fair.

100% agree and a class that's fair by design is more predictable as well as more easily countered therefore it should be more punishing to a opponent who makes mistakes fighting it, prob is it isn't.

ye like even the basic things.dueled warrior 20min ago, ever fight I could interrupt his heal 100% of the times with F3 shatter.next I fight holo, but he can stealth, or he can precast corona with entrance and chunk me for 7k+ if I want to rupt it.combo? holo throws barrage, thats entire combo, and it hurts more then bulls+arcing+gs3

@Leonidrex.5649 said:lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back.I dunno man. During the 2v2 and 3v3 seasons Warrs were one of the classes I least liked facing. Warr can lock you down pretty hard if you get caught and honestly feels like it hits harder than Power Rev when it does. The main difference being that literally everything Warr does has really clear telegraphs and tells so you know what's coming and can dodge it and you can kite a Warr pretty easily.

I think if you give Warrior more mobility, a ranged pull in their core kit available to all specs and some better access to reveal that would go a long way in giving it a place in the meta.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:lack of damage and other classes being broken is holding warrior back.@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Regarding war damage is definitely part of whats holding it back.I dunno man. During the 2v2 and 3v3 seasons Warrs were one of the classes I least liked facing. Warr can lock you down pretty hard if you get caught and honestly feels like it hits harder than Power Rev when it does. The main difference being that literally everything Warr does has really clear telegraphs and tells so you know what's coming and can dodge it and you can kite a Warr pretty easily.

I think if you give Warrior more mobility, a ranged pull in their core kit available to all specs and some better access to reveal that would go a long way in giving it a place in the meta.

No arguement about the locking down but a class that can lock u down but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.I'd be absolutely annoying being help cc'd by a warrior while its teammates has at u but on the same note wars ccs are predictable and telegraphed and if u get caught in wars cc without stab or a stunbreak available the war should be able to punish u just like other classes who have far more unfair mechanics can.War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.That's not true tho. The damage is definitely there. I got caught with my pants down by a spellbreaker when I had no dodges and stunbreaks left but full health and shroud a few days ago. He tore through my full shroud and healthbar in under 6 or so seconds.

War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.Not if we were to aim at making Warr contest Thief's role like the other guy was talking about.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:but needs another player to follow up with the damage to down players is not good at all. if u dont have a teamates to provide damage for u locking them down just delays them wrecking u when ur cc's are on CD.That's not true tho. The damage is definitely there. I got caught with my pants down by a spellbreaker when I had no dodges and stunbreaks left but full health and shroud a few days ago. He tore through my full shroud and healthbar in under 6 or so seconds.

War does not need more mobility, it already has the perfect amount with gs,dagger mh, sword mh and utility skills like BC and feather foot. Any more would be to much.Not if we were to aim at making Warr contest Thief's role like the other guy was talking about.

That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it shrouds up and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh shit button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh shit buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

Both Lich and Rampage should honestly be removed as a side note.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:That's sounds fishy man, I run zerk/strenth rune strength/disc/splb with all damage traits and if i catch a reaper off guard i take like 20% of it hp before it should and prob another 30% of shroud by time 100 blades and f1go off and have to chip away at em until I can attempt the same burst again. Most times takes 2 or 3 full bursts to kill a reaper and they'd have to make some serious mistakes given thier affinity to pop shroud as a oh kitten button than still have elite as well. A good reaper or necro easily out sustains and destroys a war if both were at full hp. Even cores eat thru my hp before I cant dent them with all their oh kitten buttons regardless if the make a mistake or I out play them and get my full burst off, it's usually not punishing enough to tip the fight in my favor.I play core condi 9/10 times. So Warrs generally aren't a problem. I was pretty impressed tbh. Pretty sure the only thing that could have done me quicker is a Reaper going Lich at me.

I agree they should be removed, I run rage cuz I switched from thief to warrior to get away from feeling cheesey all the time lol.Speaking of thief tho if they have already used their stunbreak and I get a full 100 blade-f1 off they usually are in downstate, and it feels delightful lol.

some build need some neerf but there is no broken build like before

rev condi and power need more nerf for mecondi thief need nerf tooholo grenade need nerfnerco need a nerf for his regen life forcerez skill need a cd nerf for me

rest seems ok

SCondi RevHoloRangerCondi Thief

ALR WeaverTempestPower ThiefReaperSoulbeast

BCoreNecroFirebrandPower RevRenegade

CScrapperDruidDeadeyeMender Core Guard

DMirageWeaverDH

FWarrior in generalChronoScourge

Nerf everything from S and ABuff everything from D and FSlight nerfs and buffs to certain skills in B and C, but thats where you want to be.Unhealthy gameplay can be nerfed when a class is still deserving of buffs still.Not in any particular order within the tiers.

@mistsim.2748 said:just glint/malyx. rest is more or less fine. mesmers need help.

All you people complaining about the Revenant, undecided about which one, if power Herald, Condi Herald or condition Renegade, is the worst balanced, would be able to endure the psychological stress when, after the nerfs to all of them, the Jalis/Shiro arises to crush you down?

Because when the nerfs in power damage arrived in February, a lot of us saw that the meta would switch towards condition AoE tanks, and you got exactly what you deserved after asking to nerf the power damage and burst, and the excessive sustain. But, oh surprise! Happens that if you remove evades and stunbreaks the cc becomes more powerfull, even if they lost the damage, so now instead of dying in a fast 2 seconds burst of strong cc attacks with big calls you die in 4 seconds of slighly slower, slighly less bursty, chain of cc, while melting in AoEs...

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:And honorable mention, thief. Mandatory 1 thief in every team dunno what can be done, nerfing it is not the way honestly, if anything this game needs another spec that can contest thief in its role, PROPERLY

Nothing can be done, as long as shortbow 5 exists and outnumbering is good, you will see a thief in every team. And I dont think making another class able to do thieves role similarly well is a good idea. I dont want another class to be put in "decap and +1"-jail.

@Grimjack.8130 said:

SCondi RevHoloRangerCondi Thief

ALR WeaverTempestPower ThiefReaperSoulbeast

BCoreNecroFirebrandPower RevRenegade

CScrapperDruidDeadeyeMender Core Guard

DMirageWeaverDH

FWarrior in generalChronoScourge

Nerf everything from S and ABuff everything from D and FSlight nerfs and buffs to certain skills in B and C, but thats where you want to be.Unhealthy gameplay can be nerfed when a class is still deserving of buffs still.Not in any particular order within the tiers.

move ranger to C if enemy has macro

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:A support cannot be overpoweredThey sure can be

when there are only two of them to pick from(FB and tempest).That means those two are pretty strong compared to tactics warrior, druid etc

Correct me if I'm wrong but are there even any tempests in top20 on NA or EU?

how's that relevant. supports shine in controlled environments like tournaments, not ladder. doesn't mean supports can't be too strong. is tempest too strong? i don't think so, but it definitely has some stuff that could use some adjustments.

It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

I do think the pure support tempest build is unhealthy for the game, though. However I think that of any pure support and don't think they belong in gw2.

@Shiyo.3578 said:It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

I do think the pure support tempest build is unhealthy for the game, though. However I think that of any pure support and don't think they belong in gw2.

the only way support can hardcarry is if it's so busted nothing dies like HoT chrono did. firebrand + scourge could do it to some degree too because both builds were really strong. it's your opinion if you don't like supports. i think the game is much better with them around and there should be more than just 2. druid and chrono could definitely be buffed to be on par with tempest and firebrand if each of them brings their own niche.

@Shiyo.3578 said:It's relevant because if it was overpowered it could carry at least duo to top 20. If it can't, then it's not.

This makes no sense here. The FULL support tempest instead of the hybrid damage/LR build is not the issue though. Yes, it passes the auras and encourages the CC lock, but the heals they offer is nothing to exactly brag about. And it only takes maybe one or two people to render the tempest useless or push it out of the fight entirely.

You can't sit here and say the full support build is absolutely busted, when in reality the air version of it is much more disgusting because of more of the CC/Lightning rod variants come from there.

If you're going to complain at least highlight the right Tempest build instead of compacting two separate builds that Tempest can run into one. You kind of people don't make sense.

The hybrid damage/LR build will get farmed by any condi spec, especially condi rev. Unless you're also running fire, and thus fire/air/tempest, which might have enough condi cleanse but then has nearly zero team support and isn't even a support.

Is fire/air/tempest viable? You have tons of condi cleanse and are basically invincible vs power builds as well.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:What a bunch.....

January : "Nerf A and buff B"February :" Nerf B and buff A"March: ""Nerf A and buff B"..............

I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

thats how balance works, in league champs can get buffed/nerfed every 2 weeks untill they land in a good spot.thats what you do, you cant perfectly balance with first try and sometimes you just have to juggle buff/nerfs untill you reach the sweet spot.but here we have to wait fucking year for anything to happen.