I present to you a balanced class:

MTC.9536

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

It's going to be hilarious watching you try. The amount of setup needed by the burst by what those two rev's produced is nothing like other classes. He literally dropped in less than 3 seconds. The setup necessary for the other classes mentioned is far more difficult. I know you're a smart guy but you also play Rev. You gotta know your profession of choice is head-over-heels above the rest in whatever respected category they want.

Power Herald: Outside of Holosmith, it's the strongest power spec in the game that has mobility only second to thief with far more sustainability.

Condi Herald: I can't think of any other spec that has the sheer condition output combined with near 100% up-time on resistance with other boon-spam. Said boon-spam is also applied to power herald without the resistance.

Renegade: This spec is essentially an upgraded version of symbol-brand or any symbol guardian. The on-point pressure is 2nd to none.

All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that two of the three mentioned specs have access to arguably the best heal in the game(infuse light).

Enjoy the facts.

Only took one holo to burst harder and faster than those 2 heralds combined no outside buffs required either. The heavy target golem in the video has 22,084 health and 2,597 armor. (
) even if the reaper was paladins it doesn't get that tanky. Give gold pls.

I am not saying that either side is right but that vid only proves that the dmg is there. Now uplaod the video of you fighting a reaper on plat level that tries to avoid dying. Otherwise it doesnt compare to the twitch clip.

Personally, I'm all for gameplay clarity.

Infuse Light is a powerful effect, so it should have an equally noticable visual effect. Personally, I like the idea of a swirling blue aura, becoming crystalline dragon wings wrapped around the Rev when damage is taken, as if Glint herself is protecting the Rev from harm.

Gw2 has a bit of a problem where unimportant skills have overblown visual effects (See: Renegade Spirits) and very important skills have very little to no visual warning. Sometimes the skill has a decent cast time, but the animation itself is so subtle, you can't be faulted for missing it amidst the chaos. (See: Immobilizing skills, Point Blank Shot, Hilt Bash)

I wouldn't mind if instead of skill/trait reworks, this game got an animation rework, but that's wishful thinking.

@"Kuma.1503" said:Personally, I'm all for gameplay clarity.

Infuse Light is a powerful effect, so it should have an equally noticable visual effect. Personally, I like the idea of a swirling blue aura, becoming crystalline dragon wings wrapped around the Rev when damage is taken, as if Glint herself is protecting the Rev from harm.

That's really funny because there literally are dragon wings already, along with the buff icons.

lPZZv7U.jpg

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:Personally, I'm all for gameplay clarity.

That's really funny because there literally are dragon wings already, along with the buff icons.

How did you make the image show like that? I've forgotten how to do it.

I'm aware, but my suggestion would look different. I'll do a doodle later to show what I'm talking about if I can figure out how images work.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

lPZZv7U.jpg

Those wings last like .25secs. Plus they scale with the character size. It's already hard to notice them in 1v1, good like noticing those in team fights vs an asura rev.

@"Arken.3725" said:How about this. If infuse light is so bad, let's trade that for litany of wrath or shelter and see how many revs really start complaining.

Comparing a heal to shelter is like comparing a class to chrono. Of course it's going to look OP by comparison.

Rev already has a weaker version of Litany of Wrath

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Daggers

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

@Arken.3725 said:I mean, he ain't wrong. Name another class that can destroy your health in an instant like that? I don't even think two thieves could do it as quickly and to the same degree. Except maybe a stealthed-up holomancer with nades. That's not to say it's anymore fair.

2 thieves couldnt, but thief is also just the lowest damage class by a pretty wide margin. Otherwise? 2 Guardians, 2 Engineers (doesnt even have to be Holo), 2 Rangers, 2 Warriors, 2 Eles, 2 Mesmers and 2 Reapers absolutely could. So uh, yeah, basically everyone other than thief can.

I bet you 100 gold right now that neither of those combinations could do it to the same degree and speed. Any day of the week I'm comfortable with that bet.

Edit: And that's without me mentioning that Revenant has far more sustain in comparison to any of those combinations as well.

I'll take you on that bet, might take me a while to get a vid uploaded though.

It's going to be hilarious watching you try. The amount of setup needed by the burst by what those two rev's produced is nothing like other classes. He literally dropped in less than 3 seconds. The setup necessary for the other classes mentioned is far more difficult. I know you're a smart guy but you also play Rev. You gotta know your profession of choice is head-over-heels above the rest in whatever respected category they want.

Power Herald: Outside of Holosmith, it's the strongest power spec in the game that has mobility only second to thief with far more sustainability.

Condi Herald: I can't think of any other spec that has the sheer condition output combined with near 100% up-time on resistance with other boon-spam. Said boon-spam is also applied to power herald without the resistance.

Renegade: This spec is essentially an upgraded version of symbol-brand or any symbol guardian. The on-point pressure is 2nd to none.

All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that two of the three mentioned specs have access to arguably the best heal in the game(infuse light).

Enjoy the facts.

Only took one holo to burst harder and faster than those 2 heralds combined no outside buffs required either. The heavy target golem in the video has 22,084 health and 2,597 armor. (
) even if the reaper was paladins it doesn't get that tanky. Give gold pls.

I am not saying that either side is right but that vid only proves that the dmg is there. Now uplaod the video of you fighting a reaper on plat level that tries to avoid dying. Otherwise it doesnt compare to the twitch clip.

Why? The twitch clip is about a reaper suiciding into 2 revs. If you want an accurate comparison, all you need is someone not using cooldowns (as the reaper havent had any), not dodgeing or using shroud. Basicly you can attack a combat practise golem and it's still valid. Oh wait, that's exactly what he did!I don't even want to defend revenant or holo damage, but this clip cannot be the deciding factor. All it shows is someone making a colossal mistake and dying for it.

You got bursted by 2 revs when you were out of place with no cooldowns and decided to direct yourself towards the door/passage thus closing the distance beetween you and the revs allowing them to port onto you. It was a mistake, but you actually tried to use shroud because at 2.7k health I can see that you pressed it but it was too late.Rev dmg is a bit high, but as reaper you have zero chances vs 2 revs anyway, maybe you can resist a bit if you stand in a no port spot with all the cooldowns up, full health and shroud.The real bs part is that ports should not work through walls ever. Anet should have fixed this years ago, but it ain't gonna happen so...keep on playing the floor is lava with no port spots my fellow necro, I know the pain of getting bursted down like that, but that's necro's life xD

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

lPZZv7U.jpg

Those wings last like .25secs. Plus they scale with the character size. It's already hard to notice them in 1v1, good like noticing those in team fights vs an asura rev.

Sounds like you need standard models because that is not an issue exclusive to rev.

Defiant Stance has the same 0.25 cast time and lasts even longer without being traited for extra duration, and the warrior can actually surprise you with it because they don't have a buff icon that says 'my heal is ready'.

@Arken.3725 said:How about this. If infuse light is so bad, let's trade that for litany of wrath or shelter and see how many revs really start complaining.

Must be a lot of bots in the games these days if there are really that many people/teammates that cannot avoid hitting a rev for 3 seconds. Without you or your team actively messing up, it heals 1.8k. If the revenant tries to abuse persistent AOEs, they have no stability and one very expensive immobilize cleanse. CC them out of AOE (CCs do no damage so you aren't healing them!) or immobilize them from entering AOE.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arken.3725 said:How about this. If infuse light is so bad, let's trade that for litany of wrath or shelter and see how many revs really start complaining.

Must be a lot of bots in the games these days if there are really that many people/teammates that cannot avoid hitting a rev for 3 seconds. Without you or your team actively messing up, it heals 1.8k. If the revenant tries to abuse persistent AOEs, they have no stability and one very expensive immobilize cleanse. CC them out of AOE (CCs do no damage so you aren't healing them!) or immobilize them from entering AOE.

no, you get healed for 1,8k from the skill.410 from shining aspect for 2,2k heal, pulsing regeneration from the skill. about 1,6k heal from regen if my math is correct due to draconic echo ( more if you dont insta pop it )so at the very least you regain 3,8k HP + condi damge you would take over 3s.

• you heal for whatever condi damage there is on you, AND you heal for whatever you get hit for.Last patch there was a counter to it, you applied condi to the rev with expertise, mesmer could do it, fire weaver could do it. and propably most other condi builds could do it to drop the rev after IL ended. Now there is no expertise and condis dont last enough to warrant stacking them on rev.

The whole Legendary Dragon stance (Glint) is busted and people are only talking about infused light.

It's the only stance that bypasses rev's design of needing to manage energy (immediately consuming the Facet every time instead of being forced to upkeep them) not to mention it also has everything rolled into one - offense, defense, boons, stunbreak/blind/reveal, cc, superspeed.

Some nerfs need to be done to glint, possibly costing some energy to activate the facet on top of the upkeep or just shaving some parts of its bloat such as its offense/damage when it's supposed to be a support/defensive stance

@LazySummer.2568 said:The whole Legendary Dragon stance (Glint) is busted and people are only talking about infused light.

It's the only stance that bypasses rev's design of needing to manage energy (immediately consuming the Facet every time instead of being forced to upkeep them) not to mention it also has everything rolled into one - offense, defense, boons, stunbreak/blind/reveal, cc, superspeed.

Some nerfs need to be done to glint, possibly costing some energy to activate the facet on top of the upkeep or just shaving some parts of its bloat such as its offense/damage when it's supposed to be a support/defensive stance

Now that you mention it, I guess it is weird. What about this nerf: After activating a Facet, he needs to wait 5 seconds before he can consume it. Makes Glint Heal more predictable, and forces them to manage their energy.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Defiant Stance has the same 0.25 cast time and lasts even longer without being traited for extra duration, and the warrior can actually surprise you with it because they don't have a buff icon that says 'my heal is ready'.

Yeaaahh, except afaik Defiant Stance can't be used when CC'd or was that changed? Defiant stance also has a much bigger blue aura like other heal skills than infuse light. The facet activation time is a non-factor; Infuse light itself being instant is the issue most people are complaining about because this leads to very awkward situations vs some classes. Take LB DH, the DH can't really true shot, because once the arrow leaves the rev can pop infuse light and get the full true shot dmg heal; stowing true shot to bait infuse light won't really work vs good revs because the projectile itself is reactable to (same shit for mes shatter). Same thing can apply to pet\rev unrelenting assault unless you swap.

Classes that rely on CC->Burst are in a weird limbo where they can CC the rev but they know that if they pop their burst ability he can just infuse light on reaction to heal. This is especially bad for burst abilities which aren't stow cancellable. Luckily I'm in a boat where I can stow cancel most burst abilities even after a CC so this doesn't affect me that much, but I can see why it's a major pain for AoE based/uncancellable animations classes. For all intents and purposes, Infuse light, given today's meta classes, during a team fight is most of the time a full heal.

I don't understand THE POINT of this thread: what's the author trying to say? That if the Necro with almost EVERYTHING on cooldown were able to SURVIVE the simultaneous focus of TWO power revs at the same time, then the Revenant class could be considered balanced?

So, if a burst build, IN TANDEM, were unable to +1 a 21K HP bag of potatoes doing nothing, then the balance would be fine? So to get the kill you should need 3 glass cannons vs 1 if that 1 has the skills out of cooldown, or you whould need 4 vs 1 to get a kill if those 4 aren't burst builds? Excuse me but that video doesn't enforce you point at all.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

There is literally an icon on their head that says 'I'm about to heal'. No other class has to deal with telegraphing their heal that obviously lmfao. So no you don't need a crystal ball to prevent healing infuse light.

:lol:

Condi rev and power rev are too strong at the moment, together with holosmith, and not properly balanced. Though, I admit, it is not because of the sheer burst.

Not even necro has to deal with telling the enemy when your heal is ready at all times.

I strongly disagree with your assumption of Glint heal being the most telegraphed healing skill, yes.

Do you mean when facet is up? Like "lol, you better never do damage, because i could literally tun all your damage into healing anytime?" Or do you mean the chaning icon on the buff bar? Or are you talking about those very visible symbols around rev's feet? The great telegraphed 1/4s you need to activate the facet?

Nothing is even remotely as telegraphed as many many other healing skills. Like necro's 1.25s (!) healing skill, raising it's arm high, blue shiny lights around him...

Yes I'm talking about the icon on the buff bar. If that's not enough for you, learn to play? Because without you or your teammates pummeling the rev during infuse light it is a <2k heal.

Wait. You are kidding, right?

A 1/4s cast on the buff bar which INSTANTLY switches to the self heal, activatable with zero casttime, while stunned, while the all-killing projectile IS ON ITS WAY... that is more telegraphed than a 1.25s cast? What are people supposed to do, never attack while Facet of Light is up?

Wow, someone is delusional here. Are you playing rev? Bias would at least make me understand your point.

@MTC.9536 Sheeeesh i guess we spanked you too hard that you even came here... Look buddy, before you call something broken, stupid or braindead atleast put some effort to play around it instead of feeding like casual silver necro.

With your positioning you basicly asking to get jumped. If you look at that clip your team had advantage in fight and we were disengagin since u were 3 ppl+respawn, instead of pushing together with your teammates you do the opposite and run away alone to open field with no wurm up :D 200iq...

Even before that you got farmed 2v3 as condi rev, reaper and thief... But sure it all must be because power rev is brrrrroken obviously it has absolutely nothing to do with your skill...