Something new for WvW..

Why is no one paying any attention to WvW. The only content WvW gets is a balance patch every once in a while and the rest has been absolutely the same for years. Why instead of making a new pve map there is no room to make a WvW map that can be way smaller in size. Why has there not been added something new such as a king of the hill event, alliance system, different rewarding, a REASON to be willing to win a matchup or fights. People are struggeling for so long to keep it enjoyable but its getting harder as they have been doing it for so long.

I would like to ask you to reconsider making an alliance system or adding a new kind of gamemode implemented into WvW. (with new content i do not mean a "call to war" with a video with some new armor sets that you can obtain after 1 day of playing the game. I mean actual gameplay content, just ask the WvW community what they want :+1: )

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Core Swap event was a huge improvement. It added a lot of variety and fun to the game mode and allowed us to create cross-class builds.

The No Downed State events on the other hand lead to a rather disorganized experience. People just entered with highly fragile GC builds. Leading larger groups during those events is not much fun and does not really lead anywere. In addition it is a face-slap towards every class/specialization that utilizes the downed state.

The introduction of the Warclaw worked in terms of attracting non WvW players to the game-mode. But most left or reduced their activity to the absolute minimum (dailies) once the task was done.

Granting boosters like Call of War does lead to slight increases of participants, but mostly helps those who already play the game-mode actively.

Core Swap is definitely a feature that should return to WvW. Either as some temporary event that occures every X weeks/months or as a permanent feature.

In addition, tasks similar to the Warclaw also seem to be useful. The new skin is rather pricey though, that is a lot of gold for a mount most PvE players rarely use at all. I would rather like to see the tasks to be more developed towards long-term-experience and less to grind.

They could add a few reward-tracks that surpass regular PvE methods by a lot, like a path that leads to an acceptable amount of Amalgamated Draconic Lodestones and Stomrcaller Cores.

Another great approach was the option to unlock the new emotes either via the meta-achievement or the Reward Track. Sadly they stopped with that strategy right after Bound by Blood.

Seasonal events could be funny. Gaining WXP counts to certain LW/Expansion exp progression, to help level Masteries on the go.

It could also be interesting to add WvW currencies to vendors. To collect a limited amount of Prophet Crystals per week, limited for each account. Or granting an option to exchance WvW currencies for LW currencies to help with the process of long-term quests. The PvE content would not really suffer from this, but the grind would be less tedious. No raid-currency exchange though, we do not want to weaken that game-mode any further.

Alliances? There is no information, nothing but a SOON from different people in charge over the past years. No time window, no test-phase, nothing. We get road-maps now, which is a huge improvement. But none of these include the Alliances, although Mike Z. announced it for "the coming months." The Announcement in the Moore Theater in Seattle on the 30th of August 2019. Looking on the calendar ... meh.

The game mode is not dead, just not very popular. The Warclaw showed that the community is helpful and friendly towards players who want to give it a new try. With the right connections and incentives, it might work out.

not sure if alliances would even be a good thing for wvw tbh. in theory it sounds good, but if that is happening then your content will be reduced to 2-3 raids a week for couple of hours. i wouldnt be surprised if that is the reason why the idea of alliances has been delayed so much. its just a not well thought through idea.

and lets all be honest now. wvw would already be far more popular if anet would finally fix the server issues. its not even needed for big system change or special events. its just annoying as hell if you cant even get your no-castingtime skills through once 2 zone blobs are on a map. ofc everyone who is not dedicated to wvw anyway is losing interest in it.

personally id whish for 2 changes:

1. to get the server issues fixed
  2. for those players who participated a certain amount of time to get rewarded if you make the first place in a match up. otherwise the entire match up system is just pointless aside from different opponents each week if you are not stuck in t1.

@Weert Gilders.6823 said:Why is no one paying any attention to WvW. The only content WvW gets is a balance patch every once in a while and the rest has been absolutely the same for years.And this is enough. People different. Referent comm, setups. People a main content.

Why instead of making a new pve map there is no room to make a WvW mapnew wvw map is useless. The wvw map is not on list at all. Who worry what color of floor it is ? Most people set minimal graphic setting on wvw, and no one true wvw player not see differences.

king of the hill eventyou an do any event inside guild. For that you not need any additional input from anet.

alliance systemI think alliance system is useless thing. Want change server ? - We can do it now, without any alliance.

different rewardingwe have tracks, pips, and great rewards already.

People are struggeling for so long to keep it enjoyable but its getting harder as they have been doing it for so long.People are not struggeling, If someone bored - is happen no matter have we new balance changes, map or etc.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Weert Gilders.6823" said:Why is no one paying any attention to WvW. The only content WvW gets is a balance patch every once in a while and the rest has been absolutely the same for years.And this is enough. People different. Referent comm, setups. People a main content.

Why instead of making a new pve map there is no room to make a WvW mapnew wvw map is useless. The wvw map is not on list at all. Who worry what color of floor it is ? Most people set minimal graphic setting on wvw, and no one true wvw player not see differences.

king of the hill eventyou an do any event inside guild. For that you not need any additional input from anet.

alliance systemI think alliance system is useless thing. Want change server ? - We can do it now, without any alliance.

different rewardingwe have tracks, pips, and great rewards already.

People are struggeling for so long to keep it enjoyable but its getting harder as they have been doing it for so long.People are not struggeling, If someone bored - is happen no matter have we new balance changes, map or etc.

New wvw map is not useless, people like to fight in a different space other than the same keep/the same spots everytime. Also i would suggest getting one more open field like place since that is most wanted for fighting. People are really getting bored fighting for example on the same bridge in the same hill keep every time. Like you said graphics don't really matter as everyone has to put it on the lowest settings because the servers are already so bad (not changed either) , but fresh spots to fight do matter

This is the worst perspective of view you can give. You simply don't care about the game mode. Again i made the point that the people have been carrying this content for so many years even though anet has not helped them at all, by saying "you can do a king of the hill event with your guild" it only goes to show that the people again have to carry anets content in wvw. Also, you can't do that just with your guild as it makes no sense. There is no motivation to hold a tower for a long time and when you dont make an event for such a "king of the hill" event people will simply not care as much which decreases fighting quality.

Then for the rewards. I would like the reward system to be more based on the player versus player aspect of the game. So for example make a kill event week where the guild that relatively gets the most kills per guild member in one week wins and with that also wins a reward. Doing this people will have a good/ better reason to really play better since it pays off playing better, right now you can just play like a trashcan and it does not matter at all except for maybe 10 more lootbags (yey).

@Weert Gilders.6823 said:New wvw map is not useless, people like to fight in a different space other than the same keep/the same spots everytime.

Hm, the 2 Maps wvw got (Dessert border & EotM) tell a different story. Both had a lot of new idea's and got done with much love for details, but both only got a kitten-storm in the forum. I would never do another map for WvW after that.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Weert Gilders.6823 said:New wvw map is not useless, people like to fight in a different space other than the same keep/the same spots everytime.

Hm, the 2 Maps wvw got (Dessert border & EotM) tell a different story. Both had a lot of new idea's and got done with much love for details, but both only got a kitten-storm in the forum. I would never do another map for WvW after that.

That is probably the most oversimplified and misinformed statement I’ve read today.

Congratulations.

@"trixantea.1230" said:alliances will very likely come with the next expansion

Don't implant that idea into your own head. You don't know that, it hasn't been hinted at once and it is more along the lines of being unlikely as opposed to being anywhere in the vicinity of "likely". There are some people thinking Alliance Battles or some version of the old Faction based PvP stuff will make a return like the stuff we got in GW1 Factions. I highly doubt any of that will be a thing, it could be, but thats too much of a low hanging fruit for ANet so they will entirely avoid doing it. Just like GvG is an obvious thing as a PvP mode for a sequel to a game called Guild Wars whose most, arguably, popular PvP mode was GvG. 8 years later...still nothing.

The thing that bothers me the most about ANet...is their communication, or lack of it, however it isn't even just that part of it that bothers me. I think what bothers me the most, and what might be very indicative of their overall approach to communication, is that they never acknowledge that they need to do better. I cannot think of a single time I have read or heard them personally acknowledge that they needed to do better with anything relating to the game and their content updates.

Nothing to do with "We need to do better at rolling out these balance updates" or "Our last update didn't do X any favors so we hope to get your feedback and do better next time" or "We need to do better at meeting the expectations of quality for our content for our community" or "We need to do better at communicating with the community on our goals, intentions and development status of content". All I've ever seen is "We have some exciting things planned!" or "We're all very excited for what is to come!".

It kind of feels like ANet is suffering from their own ego, as a company, so much so that it is stunting their ability to actually grow this game, to have it evolve and do better. Mind you, ego doesn't necessarily mean arrogance or narcissism or anything negative like that. Everyone has an ego, what matters is if you're listening too much to it because that can be damaging.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:The Core Swap event was a huge improvement. It added a lot of variety and fun to the game mode and allowed us to create cross-class builds.

The No Downed State events on the other hand lead to a rather disorganized experience. People just entered with highly fragile GC builds. Leading larger groups during those events is not much fun and does not really lead anywere. In addition it is a face-slap towards every class/specialization that utilizes the downed state.

Granting boosters like Call of War does lead to slight increases of participants, but mostly helps those who already play the game-mode actively.

The game mode is not dead, just not very popular. The Warclaw showed that the community is helpful and friendly towards players who want to give it a new try. With the right connections and incentives, it might work out.

I don't know if you had notice.... but the core swap event was broken where skills on cooldown would instantly reset. The core swap event while cool in concept was terrible balance wise, was just another broken half kitten job by the devs.

Same with the golem event where you could be bugged with the golem power buff outside of the golem. They never fixed either for the duration of the events, and never said one word about it.

No down state (which is overdue for another run), would actually be interesting this time around since most of the one shots are out now with the power lowered with the giant balance patch, and actually would be welcomed now that we've moved back to the kitten boon balling meta.

They should be running call of war boost at least once or twice a month to promote wvw, I would even do it every weekend like wow does their battleground bonus weekends, but anets marketing staff have always been terrible especially to the wvw side, they have a one track cash shop mind.

I don't mind events, what I mind is anet completely ignoring broken mechanics for the duration of those events.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Maybe post in the WvW forum where this will get more attention from the WvW crowd?

No attention to be had there, devs m.i.a for years, and players come in and recycle topics discussed a dozen times over by now.