Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Taken from my post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/haa5er/with_legendary_armory_hopefully_coming_soon/

Should Legendary Infusions be a thing? By Legendary Infusions I mean just like Legendary Sigils and Runes, no cosmetics and only stat swappable without the need to use additional materials and the mystic forge every time...

Should also make that Infusions with Aura can be put into the Wardrobe and possible to transmute those auras to the Legendary Infusions... Of course there should be the option to remove the aura from the Legendary Infusion should you get sick of it, basically a "blank skin" for infusions.

What do you guys/girls think? IMO those are some things that are way due to be put into the game...

Should also be possible to switch between Agony and WvW bonuses or just put both at the same time? Not like having both bonuses active affects the game modes that the bonuses don't apply to...

Infusions are tricky. Would legendary have +9, +10, etc agony infusion? Would it be +4 or +5 might, condi, etc. figuring out what to put in a legendary infusion would be hard. Maybe they could make it start out at +9 agony res and stat swappable at +5 ea, and if people want to upgrade it they can upgrade the agony resistance through the mystic toilet or something like that.

So, I have been wondering what they are going to do for the end of LWS5, since there isn't a piece of gear for a given build (except infusions) left without a legendary option. Leg infusions sound kind of sketchy to me, and I would be disappointed if they took that route. I haven't bothered with them except for my toon I do my daily fractals with, pdps and cdps for raids, and visual effects for fashion wars and the lulz.

However, given the timing of the fact that every important piece of gear in a single build just became capable of being legendary literally a few weeks ago, the capstone to it all would be this Armory. Finally ending the tedium of swapping gear would make the legendary ecosystem complete and provide more than enough utility to justify a grindy LWS goal, imo. Do you think it is possible they will make the LWS5 end of season goal the Armory? Like some lore with a questline and/or collection to unlock it?

I could also see the argument that the armory wouldn't be that useful unless you multiclass and isn't a good standalone reward like the rest of the LWS rewards were.

@"Mor The Thief.9135" said:Taken from my post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/haa5er/with_legendary_armory_hopefully_coming_soon/

Should Legendary Infusions be a thing? By Legendary Infusions I mean just like Legendary Sigils and Runes, no cosmetics and only stat swappable without the need to use additional materials and the mystic forge every time...

Yes. 100% Agree. Legendary Armor and Weapons serve the same function, removing the cost to change their stats. Legendary Infusions would do the same.

Should also make that Infusions with Aura can be put into the Wardrobe and possible to transmute those auras to the Legendary Infusions... Of course there should be the option to remove the aura from the Legendary Infusion should you get sick of it, basically a "blank skin" for infusions.

Absolutely not. This would take a very significant amount of dev time to implement. This is likely the reason we are not able to toggle legendary accessories effects. Even just a toggle will take or is taking a very long time to implement.

Should also be possible to switch between Agony and WvW bonuses or just put both at the same time? Not like having both bonuses active affects the game modes that the bonuses don't apply to...

Legendary items do not give any advantages over non legendary items. Or stated another way, a player with and a player without legendary armor must be able to have the exact same stats always. Potential future updates may add in Agony mechanics elsewhere in the game, if this happens than a legendary infusion would be better than a normal infusion. This breaks horizontal progression.

@Technosapien.7342 said:since there isn't a piece of gear for a given build (except infusions) left without a legendary option.

Aquatic Breather. =P

@Akronox.8251 said:They had to monetize the gear templates because those give you extra inventory slotsNo, it's the other way around: they turned the new inventory slots into the only source of gear for the gear loadouts (instead of gear loadouts being able to pull gear from inventory) so they could have a reason to monetize them. Even if that resulted in significantly lowered QoL of the whole feature.

but they should not have monetized the build templates in the same way. I would also have given at least 3 gear templates (one for each game mode). I believe account wide gear template for a higher price would make them more attractive.Indeed, the monetization of build loadouts (the character based ones) and the build templates (the account-wide ones) is in no way connected to any additional inventory slots and cannot be justified by this. And it is also done in a way that increases the monetization options, but lower overall QoL of the whole system.

I think the idea of Anet is to give legendary gear more relevance again so I don't think they will monetize this feature.I didn't personally think they'd monetize build templates if they ever were to be introduced (and certainly wouldn;t believe they would try to monetize the same thing in three different ways). So, at this point, i'm actually quite sure that the legendary armoury will be monetized, and that it definitely won't be cheap. Again, possibly at a cost towards the feature's QoL.That's a reason why i'm withholding making any new legendaries till i'll be sure how the system will actually work and whether it will be woth any effort, or end up as the current build templates, as something that's better off completely ignored.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Infusions are tricky. Would legendary have +9, +10, etc agony infusion? Would it be +4 or +5 might, condi, etc. figuring out what to put in a legendary infusion would be hard. Maybe they could make it start out at +9 agony res and stat swappable at +5 ea, and if people want to upgrade it they can upgrade the agony resistance through the mystic toilet or something like that.Actually, it's quite simple. The best stat infusions have +5 to stat and 9 AR. The legendary gear is as good as the best non-legendary gear, but not better than it (the only difference lies in visuals and stat-switching ability), so that's exactly what the legendary infusions should have.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Infusions are tricky. Would legendary have +9, +10, etc agony infusion? Would it be +4 or +5 might, condi, etc. figuring out what to put in a legendary infusion would be hard. Maybe they could make it start out at +9 agony res and stat swappable at +5 ea, and if people want to upgrade it they can upgrade the agony resistance through the mystic toilet or something like that.Actually, it's quite simple. The best stat infusions have +5 to stat and 9 AR. The legendary gear is as good as the best non-legendary gear, but not better than it (the only difference lies in visuals and stat-switching ability), so that's exactly what the legendary infusions should have.

I agree with this as far as you take it, but there are also WvW infusions with bonus attack/defense against guards that would also have to be taken into account. Ideally they would have the +5 stat, +9 AR AND the +1 to attack & defense against guards.

@Kami.8342 said:

Absolutely not. This would take a very significant amount of dev time to implement. This is likely the reason we are not able to toggle legendary accessories effects. Even just a toggle will take or is taking a very long time to implement.

If Anet wants to make it possible then they should do it AFTER Legendary Infusions are implemented and not while or before.

Legendary items do not give any advantages over non legendary items. Or stated another way, a player with and a player without legendary armor must be able to have the exact same stats always. Potential future updates may add in Agony mechanics elsewhere in the game, if this happens than a legendary infusion would be better than a normal infusion. This breaks horizontal progression.

So long Anet doesn't add Agony to anywhere that isn't Fractals or make the WvW infusion bonuses active anywhere outside WvW, there shouldn't be any issue in letting Legendary Infusions give both AR and WvW infusion bonuses at the same time...

Aquatic Breather. =P

IMO Anet handled that wrong. When one have crafted a Legendary Tier headgear one should have gotten a free Legendary Tier Aquabreather with the same skin. Just my 2 cents on how Anet should have handled this.

Templates made ascended easier and more valuable to use than Legendaries. I wasn't arguing anything for ascended at all.

Somehow I sound like a casual (over 10k hours) with no gold (has 13 legendaries). I was arguing for the sake of people who make legendaries. I never used ARCDPS templates since those systems (made by one person) should already be in a game made by professionals.

Templates need to be valuable to legendary players too. Not make legendary utility hard to use and worthless.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Templates made ascended easier and more valuable to use than Legendaries. I wasn't arguing anything for ascended at all.

Somehow I sound like a casual (over 10k hours) with no gold (has 13 legendaries). I was arguing for the sake of people who make legendaries. I never used ARCDPS templates since those systems (made by one person) should already be in a game made by professionals.

Templates need to be valuable to legendary players too. Not make legendary utility hard to use and worthless.For that we would need a valuable template system first. So far we don't have one. We do however have a system that is costly, which is not the same.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Templates made ascended easier and more valuable to use than Legendaries. I wasn't arguing anything for ascended at all.

Templates need to be valuable to legendary players too. Not make legendary utility hard to use and worthless.For that we would need a valuable template system first. So far we don't have one. We do however have a system that is
costly
, which is not the same.

They should triple or quadruple the amount of templates you can switch between, and triple/quad the amount that comes in each pack without changing their pricing scheme. New elite specs will come out and 6 is already not enough.

I've made Conflux already, which requires Slumbering Conflux as a pre. I was about to make a second Slumbering so that I could have two legendary rings at the same time originating from WvW, but a guildie pointed out that when the wardrobe comes out, I may have the Slumbering version available to me from the start since I already unlocked it on my path to obtaining Conflux.

Would this be true? If so, then I'd like to not waste my time and put my mats towards another legendary weapon instead. Based on Anet's participation in this thread, I don't expect an official answer anytime soon, but I would like an answer from them in the long run though. Thanks in advance.

@"Avatar of Indra.6908" said:I've made Conflux already, which requires Slumbering Conflux as a pre. I was about to make a second Slumbering so that I could have two legendary rings at the same time originating from WvW, but a guildie pointed out that when the wardrobe comes out, I may have the Slumbering version available to me from the start since I already unlocked it on my path to obtaining Conflux.

Would this be true? If so, then I'd like to not waste my time and put my mats towards another legendary weapon instead. Based on Anet's participation in this thread, I don't expect an official answer anytime soon, but I would like an answer from them in the long run though. Thanks in advance.

I have thought about this, too. But, I am one trinket short of a full boat and I am working on my slumbering now so I get use out of it. I am not expecting the world with the armory. Even with runes and sigils. Who knows how that will play out. I want to start making them, but I keep holding off hoping we get more answers on the armory and its use, but months are going by and no previews. I may end up making one rune, then work on one sigil, then who knows after that but I do want a full set of runes for my armor. Answers would be good so I could start used my resources elsewhere. I have only made one weapon that’s legendary so far. Saving 77 or 100 clovers would definately help me work towards more weapons. I’ve been mainly gear focused so far, so perhaps I could start a light or heavy armor set too (just have a med armor set now; but would like all 3 one day). Lot’s or questions and no answers and it makes it hard for me to take direction in what I make next.

Anet, a possible idea for Legendaries is allowing a legendary reversal. For example, you could throw a legendary item into the Mystic Forge just by itself (or with currency of choosing), and Zamaros gives you back each component that went into that legendary. Therefore, you could use those items in another recipe if desired. I know it’s not a full refund, but let’s say you had multiple rifles. You could get the gift of fortune and mastery back from one, and then turn around and make a different item. Perhaps armor materials such as Gift of Competitive Prosperity can be reversed (or traded with certain materials) so you can turn around and make Gift of War Prosperity or repurpose materials for legendary runes, etc.

It would also be lovely, if the armory enabled using the legendary visual effects, like auras and foot prints, separate from using the skin of the legendary weapon itself. A nice extra feature, which would allow for more room to customize a character, though not an important update in any way.Looks like the armory wasn't mentioned in the Q3 Looking Ahead post, so we'll likely have to wait for it a bit longer still?

@"Fundor.2098" said:It would also be lovely, if the armory enabled using the legendary visual effects, like auras and foot prints, separate from using the skin of the legendary weapon itself. A nice extra feature, which would allow for more room to customize a character, though not an important update in any way.Looks like the armory wasn't mentioned in the Q3 Looking Ahead post, so we'll likely have to wait for it a bit longer still?

I think "a bit longer still" is perhaps more optimistic than I am looking at this right now, but please don't let my rain on your (socially distanced I'm sure) parade dissuade you from your rosy outlook. :-)

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835"Can we please get some kind of communication involving any new developments on this? Since this is not part of the new roadmap, any information at all would be welcome. Very excited to see this play out and appreciate that work is being done to make the template system better.

anet never do this... it's always "soon"... :(