Do You Think Taimi Will Survive

Dan.9304

Because I want to see the transfer to a golem fail. Blish is pure luck in 50 experiments of the Inquest. Nobody is invincible, aurene already got the "rez me in a sec plz", not Taimi... I'm okay with Taimi, but she already experienced ton of adventures. Maybe it's time to continue with Gorrik and another person.

@"hugo.4705" said:Because I want to see the transfer to a golem fail. Blish is pure luck in 50 experiments of the Inquest. Nobody is invincible, aurene already got the "rez me in a sec plz", not Taimi... I'm okay with Taimi, but she already experienced ton of adventures. Maybe it's time to continue with Gorrik and another person.

Most people don't like Gorrik and there's not much Asura to replace Taimi. Why make a npc out of nowhere to replace a perfectly fine character ?

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:Because I want to see the transfer to a golem fail. Blish is pure luck in 50 experiments of the Inquest. Nobody is invincible, aurene already got the "rez me in a sec plz", not Taimi... I'm okay with Taimi, but she already experienced ton of adventures. Maybe it's time to continue with Gorrik and another person.

Most people don't like Gorrik and there's not much Asura to replace Taimi. Why make a npc out of nowhere to replace a perfectly fine character ?

Forum isn't most of peoples. Let's do some poll in game. I bet Taimi isn't better placed.

I think she will probably die because killing characters is a well anet loves to draw from.

I think she shouldn't die because she is important representation for disabled folks and there's usually a better way to end a story arc than death, especially in a narrative setting that already uses it far too often.

I don't have a yes or no answer to this. I think the story has been setting up for years that she has an incurable condition and "there is an end." I also think the writers like to give ray of hope narratives to us. So I can't predict which way they'll jump.

I hope she does die. Not because I dislike her, but because I think it'll be much stronger narratively for her to have seen her end coming and still put all she had to give into helping others. Mind you, that's physically die. Tyria is not a place that snuffs out beings post mortem. There's the Mists, there's golem transfers, there's ghosts, there's diving into swords ... neural degeneration likely won't take Taimi's mind away from us.

In a campaign LARP I played a tomboy character who had a variant of Lou Gehrig's. I fully intended her to physically degenerate over the campaign and end up dying, rather than the usual character progression of ever growing stronger. The GMs gave me a cure at the end instead (with some buildup, not just a hand wave) and of course my rough and tumble character jumped at the chance to live. It felt wrong to me, though, it wasn't the story I wanted to tell. I think that experience is why I want Taimi's tragedy to come to fruition, for her condition to matter in long-term impact rather than just being a handy story device to shuttle her in or out of certain episodes.

As others here have speculated, I agree that it's most likely Taimi will die, but she will transfer her consciousness into a golem body (Scruffy 3.0?) when she does. It was hinted fairly strongly in LS4 during her interactions with Blish that she doesn't find the idea upsetting and will likely see this as a "genius solution" for overcoming the frailties of her organic body.

SPOILERS FOR POF AND LS4Keep in mind that in this entire franchise, the only two beings to ever come back from the dead since GW1 were the PC and Aurene, and in the later case it was more of that she never died to begin with, so it doesn't count.

ArenaNet likes permanent death, they always have (even in Personal Story), so I imagine Taimi will die.