I present to you a balanced class:

MTC.9536

Overall there are still many busted professions or overturned skills and things etc in pvp and if they exists in pvp they are no doubt worse in wvw where you can opt for higher stats and better rune / sigil choices.

While herald rev is "interestingly" strong there are far more broken things in my eyes in terms of just raw damage burst that exist right now especially on some of those professions that have access to stealth to make the burst damage have 0 or very little tell.

Note i do not endorse the idea of nerfing rev just cause necro got jumped by 2 of them usually getting jumped by 2 of any class puts you at a considerable disadvantage and in most cases you likely will / should go down unless there is a massive skill gap between you and at least one or both of the other individuals.Still tho @LazySummer.2568 makes some very good points about rev in general when specifically looking at herald.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

There is literally an icon on their head that says 'I'm about to heal'. No other class has to deal with telegraphing their heal that obviously lmfao. So no you don't need a crystal ball to prevent healing infuse light.

:lol:

Condi rev and power rev are too strong at the moment, together with holosmith, and not properly balanced. Though, I admit, it is not because of the sheer burst.

Not even necro has to deal with telling the enemy when your heal is ready at all times.

I strongly disagree with your assumption of Glint heal being the most telegraphed healing skill, yes.

Do you mean when facet is up? Like "lol, you better never do damage, because i could literally tun all your damage into healing anytime?" Or do you mean the chaning icon on the buff bar? Or are you talking about those very visible symbols around rev's feet? The great telegraphed 1/4s you need to activate the facet?

Nothing is even remotely as telegraphed as many many other healing skills. Like necro's 1.25s (!) healing skill, raising it's arm high, blue shiny lights around him...

Yes I'm talking about the icon on the buff bar. If that's not enough for you, learn to play? Because without you or your teammates pummeling the rev during infuse light it is a <2k heal.

Wait. You are kidding, right?

A 1/4s cast on the buff bar which INSTANTLY switches to the self heal, activatable with zero casttime, while stunned, while the all-killing projectile IS ON ITS WAY... that is more telegraphed than a 1.25s cast? What are people supposed to do, never attack while Facet of Light is up?

Wow, someone is delusional here. Are you playing rev? Bias would at least make me understand your point.

It's called baiting, sorry you don't like to think when you play.

I don't even play revenant anymore. Too many crybabies wanna cry instead of learning to play so I ditched it.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The fact that it basically instantly starts healing you makes counter play incredibly hard unless you predict it. The only times I don't heal a rev off infuse light is if I predict it coming.

There is literally an icon on their head that says 'I'm about to heal'. No other class has to deal with telegraphing their heal that obviously lmfao. So no you don't need a crystal ball to prevent healing infuse light.

:lol:

Condi rev and power rev are too strong at the moment, together with holosmith, and not properly balanced. Though, I admit, it is not because of the sheer burst.

Not even necro has to deal with telling the enemy when your heal is ready at all times.

I strongly disagree with your assumption of Glint heal being the most telegraphed healing skill, yes.

Do you mean when facet is up? Like "lol, you better never do damage, because i could literally tun all your damage into healing anytime?" Or do you mean the chaning icon on the buff bar? Or are you talking about those very visible symbols around rev's feet? The great telegraphed 1/4s you need to activate the facet?

Nothing is even remotely as telegraphed as many many other healing skills. Like necro's 1.25s (!) healing skill, raising it's arm high, blue shiny lights around him...

Yes I'm talking about the icon on the buff bar. If that's not enough for you, learn to play? Because without you or your teammates pummeling the rev during infuse light it is a <2k heal.

Wait. You are kidding, right?

A 1/4s cast on the buff bar which INSTANTLY switches to the self heal, activatable with zero casttime, while stunned, while the all-killing projectile IS ON ITS WAY... that is more telegraphed than a 1.25s cast? What are people supposed to do, never attack while Facet of Light is up?

Wow, someone is delusional here. Are you playing rev? Bias would at least make me understand your point.

It's called baiting, sorry you don't like to think when you play.

I don't even play revenant anymore. Too many crybabies wanna cry instead of learning to play so I ditched it.

I guess after the mesmer police and the ranger gang, there must be desperate revs as well. :lol:

What i see is that the necro would be dead even if it dodged or had cooldowns. Reaper relies on kiting or killing to survive, you can't kite rev since it teleports through walls so you can't LoS, so you have to kill it but you already probably start at half health and the rev would just pop one or 2 defensive cds and burst again and that is just one rev.So i don't see much counterplay you can do vs power rev except running bunker condi build.

@Vancho.8750 said:What i see is that the necro would be dead even if it dodged or had cooldowns. Reaper relies on kiting or killing to survive, you can't kite rev since it teleports through walls so you can't LoS, so you have to kill it but you already probably start at half health and the rev would just pop one or 2 defensive cds and burst again and that is just one rev.So i don't see much counterplay you can do vs power rev except running bunker condi build.

It's pretty binary. if the enemy is a condi bunker you're basically unable to interact with them on power rev and spend the entire fight just kiting doing nothing.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:What i see is that the necro would be dead even if it dodged or had cooldowns. Reaper relies on kiting or killing to survive, you can't kite rev since it teleports through walls so you can't LoS, so you have to kill it but you already probably start at half health and the rev would just pop one or 2 defensive cds and burst again and that is just one rev.So i don't see much counterplay you can do vs power rev except running bunker condi build.

It's pretty binary. if the enemy is a condi bunker you're basically unable to interact with them on power rev and spend the entire fight just kiting doing nothing.Condi as a whole is pretty binary, it is pretty boring way to play but you are either able to kill the rev or you get farmed, you can't jump and use the environment like you can kite a warrior or even a holo. It is interesting that power rev works like conditions you either have enough defensive skills to survive or you don't.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:As others have mentioned, damage is not the problem; a couple of power mesmers could do it just as fast, maybe even faster.The problem is a long range teleport that ignores LOS. THAT is problematic and I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

the problem is that most classes that can do this shit gets rick rolled after they whiff, meanwhile rev does with 0 preparation by instantly porting through walls, and if they whiff it doesnt matter cuz they go on defensive rotation with sword 3, staff blocks/dodges and IL

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:Sword thief got gutted for having potential for half the damage this presents. Then again, rev is a class played by best players, and best players tend to win.

s/d is still good, in fact it might be the best thief build in the meta rn, since it dicks on condi revs, guards and necrosbut s/d takes some more brains then d/p so we dont see it

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:Sword thief got gutted for having potential for half the damage this presents. Then again, rev is a class played by best players, and best players tend to win.

s/d is still good, in fact it might be the best thief build in the meta rn, since it kitten on condi revs, guards and necrosbut s/d takes some more brains then d/p so we dont see it

Apparently it dosnt, spam s/d 3 and return at will.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

s/d is still good, in fact it might be the best thief build in the meta rn, since it kitten on condi revs, guards and necrosbut s/d takes some more brains then d/p so we dont see it

I never said its anything impressive, d/p is just more braindead, its easy to be ok on s/d but to actually make big value you gotta be good at it.

@"MTC.9536" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseHilariousUdonMrDestructoid......"I came from respawn and the plan was to push in with the team. I am fully aware revs can jump through walls. The question is: should I just predict spam both my dodge rolls everytime I have them ready even behind walls etc all the time I am in their range even if I am behind walls? The answer could probably be yes, and that's the problem I have with this class. The threat of being jumped through walls and bursted like that shouldn't exist in a game that was built around abusing LOS and having good positioning because this completely defies good positioning!"

You dont have to random dodge, and you should never do. You could have dodged as soon as first regv was there. -> would have midigated the initial burst of the second rev.But you weren't paying attention. You looked somewhere else.

And for the people that said I didn't react fast enough: when you slow down the clip you see this burst took less than two seconds and I got almost immediately stomped in downstate as well which means popping shroud would have made no difference and even if my reaction time for a dodge roll would be 0,5s I would have been finished with the rest of the damage after. Can't even believe I am justifying this as it is clear when you watch the clip. It is not like I could have double dodged and survived.

2 Seconds is a pretty long time to dodge ... you should be able to dodge under 0,3s if you are a p3 player. aaaand douple dodge would have midigated "all" their damage at this example.From wiki: . "You dodge 300 units over 0.75 seconds and can dodge in any direction. " ... i mean 1,5 s "invul" and 600 unit range.... think about it ...

3 posible examples to surive long enought that your team has time to help you:dodge>shroud+fear or leap>dodgedodge>dodge>shroud+3+2shroud+3>dodge> leapblablabla. all of this would have saved you

And for those people saying I didn't have cooldowns: if I had worm up and blinked away, they would have gotten ported with me with their sword #3 they used on me so I don't see why people bring shortsighted arguments like that in the discussion.

they didnt used sw3, aaaand worm away from your team would have killed youand full energy + heal + lich + all weapon skills isn't no cooldowns

And for people saying I made a huge mistake walking up to them: we just lost the teamfight middle which is why I was on cd and we regrouped close. Then we wanted to push middle to take the teamfight together. You even saw me waiting a little bit to make sure the revs are distracted by my team pushing in so I am more safe. I mean, what's the alternative? - Staying afk close until the revs are actually fully engaged in a fight with my team to then sneak up to the point? - Obviously not. The play to move closely to my team but a little bit behind was correct. No cooldowns, dodges or shroud would have saved me and going alone to a different node or afk on close would have been wrong.

you should not leave your team against 2 power revs. you made them the job easier. the want to seperate targets and burst. u just did it for them. for free. and you didnt even cared enougth to defend yourself. you just stood there for 2 s. and cried about it afterwards.

btw. i hate power herald. much to strong in ranked que. and not viable in ATs... lel (cause people pay attation there and... dodge)

@Jekkt.6045 said:that's not condi rev. you're not allowed to talk about balance if it's not about condi rev.

on a more serious note: yes power rev damage is broken and people don't want to hear it. btw nade damage on holo is broken too.

dont tell anyone about holo, he is my ticket to get out of gold and have amulet asap

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Sword thief got gutted for having potential for half the damage this presents. Then again, rev is a class played by best players, and best players tend to win.

S/p with Improvisation is one of the more enjoyable thief builds due to its creativity and flexibility at creating setups. If you see a "spammer" they're doing it and I question how they aren't a free kill for you.

I was 1v2'ing regularly pre-Feb 25th with the build. Love it, always will.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:btw, how did he get hit by 13 enchanted daggers ? lol

I shared the same doubt.As per the wiki:Siphon Damage: 1,028 (0.06)?Siphon Healing: 768 (0.2)?Initial Heal: 1,640 (0.25)?Number of Hits: 6Duration: 15 secondsInterval: ½ seconds

Base is 3.59K dmg\s, full base dmg for this skill is 10 776‬.With 2 attackers, if the skill hits 12 times with intervals of 1/2 second, in 3 seconds would hit 12 times, accounting for 21.5k dmg (without stats/armor or crits into account).

Can anyone clear what the "Duration" means here?

After carefully watching the vid he received the first hit at 10:30(or close to 11s) and he is downed at 12 (less than 1.5 secs later) dealing 2-3 hits while still up (that would make around 10k dmg for 2 revs) and then the remaining 3-4 hits when he is on the ground (the remaining 11k).All while receiving dmg from other skills too. And then he was 3 more secs downed.

Yet number of hits is 13 not 12, and the dmg is only 12K not 21K is this because of armor? Still 6k dmg for 3 secs in 1 skill only is pretty sweet...But its almost as if only accounting for the damage of one of the revs.Those revs really unload all cargo in there, no one could survive that if not prepared in advance Rip.

Btw, since now you posted this here, im pretty sure plays like this will start appearing in gold and silver ranks. ;(

I would gladly trade a good few nerfs to rev's damage/sustain in exchange for bug fixes and quality of life improvements.

to list a few:

Sword 3: Either make it instant cast like smoke assault, or increase the latch range so the skill doesn't fail to latch onto targets that move out of range. It will also fail if quickness is gained/lost mid channel.

Sword 5: Can no longer be casted without a target

Staff 5: Beaten to death, but keep the windup, remove the self root.

Shortbow 4: Castable behind the rev

All renegade spirits: Fix "no valid path" when trying to cast on uneven terrain. (more of a PvE issue).

I'll take a weaker, but more fluid Rev than an overpowered clunky rev any day of the week.

@"Kuma.1503" said:I would gladly trade a good few nerfs to rev's damage/sustain in exchange for bug fixes and quality of life improvements.

to list a few:

Sword 3: Either make it instant cast like smoke assault, or increase the latch range so the skill doesn't fail to latch onto targets that move out of range. It will also fail if quickness is gained/lost mid channel.

Sword 5: Can no longer be casted without a target

Staff 5: Beaten to death, but keep the windup, remove the self root.

Shortbow 4: Castable behind the rev

All renegade spirits: Fix "no valid path" when trying to cast on uneven terrain. (more of a PvE issue).

I'll take a weaker, but more fluid Rev than an overpowered clunky rev any day of the week.

Weird for a Tempest to be sharing pain with a Revenant, but i really do, I know what you mean.We have skills that take less than a second to cast "reportedly", but then when we need them we need to stay still for a longer time "the cast takes 1000 ms in total", and if you move after the skill is cast but before the 1s mark it cancels and still counts the CD time. 8DIts like "hey here's your CC skill, it CCs people... but you shouldn't also move or do anything else, cause Eles should always suck balls"

god, nerf teleport range or remove infuse light.too forgiving to just port in and deal burst damage and get out. literally cheese and abusive.

also abusive on target teleport making one extremely easy to go to the back line and finish low target.while other classes have to go through his teammates.

@Aria Lliane.8693 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:btw, how did he get hit by 13 enchanted daggers ? lol

I shared the same doubt.As per the wiki:Siphon Damage: 1,028 (0.06)?Siphon Healing: 768 (0.2)?Initial Heal: 1,640 (0.25)?Number of Hits: 6Duration: 15 secondsInterval: ½ seconds

Base is 3.59K dmg\s, full base dmg for this skill is 10 776‬.With 2 attackers, if the skill hits 12 times with intervals of 1/2 second, in 3 seconds would hit 12 times, accounting for 21.5k dmg (without stats/armor or crits into account).

Can anyone clear what the "Duration" means here?

After carefully watching the vid he received the first hit at 10:30(or close to 11s) and he is downed at 12 (less than 1.5 secs later) dealing 2-3 hits while still up (that would make around 10k dmg for 2 revs) and then the remaining 3-4 hits when he is on the ground (the remaining 11k).All while receiving dmg from other skills too. And then he was 3 more secs downed.

Yet number of hits is 13 not 12, and the dmg is only 12K not 21K is this because of armor? Still 6k dmg for 3 secs in 1 skill only is pretty sweet...But its almost as if only accounting for the damage of one of the revs.Those revs really unload all cargo in there, no one could survive that if not prepared in advance Rip.

Btw, since now you posted this here, im pretty sure plays like this will start appearing in gold and silver ranks. ;(

you overthink it mate, each rev has 6 daggers exactly. there is 2 of them for 12 daggers.but somehow he got hit by 13...