A Message About Customer Support Response Times

I have 2 accounts. My primary account had a email authenticator on it and the email was through an ISP I am no longer doing business with so I can't access the email any longer. I put in a ticket and waited patiently for 8 days for an answer. Finally an answer came and GM Bulletshade apologized for the wait time. I wasn't that upset about the wait because I had my secondary account (I was smart enough to put an SMS authenticator on that one) to use while I waited.

The GM then asked me for some more information to verify I was the owner of the account. I had already put some of that information in a prior ticket update I had done a couple days previously but I went ahead and gave it to them again, plus as much of the other info they requested as I could remember. I sent that information to them within 30 minutes of receiving their request for it. That was 4 days ago and I have heard nothing back since. I was patient during the initial wait time but my patience is beginning to wear thin. Once my ticket has been responded to, it should not take days to verify the info I provided you. Please don't make me go find another game to play because of bad customer service.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opened up an alt account, paid for Path of Fire Ultimate for that account, and got banned the next day without even so much of creating a character. Sent in an anonymous ticket on Tuesday morning and I still haven't gotten a response/reason.

Edit: bought the PoF Ultimates for both Accounts with the same credit card (mine)

@"Tamlee.5460" said:Support could handle the tickets a lot more quickly if they would just call the client or a have a hotline for the easy fixes.

My biggest issue with it honestly is the lack of communication. Their ticket system using email means there is no way to know if they received your email or not as you can't log in to their site and see your ticket and its status. Just an auto reply saying they received my email would be great. It would be even better if they could take 10 seconds and reply with something like "we got your email and just wanted to let you know it's going to be a few days before we can get to it." Not knowing what the heck is going on at all and having no idea of a time frame is very annoying.

@Lord Osprey.6819 said:

@"Tamlee.5460" said:Support could handle the tickets a lot more quickly if they would just call the client or a have a hotline for the easy fixes.

My biggest issue with it honestly is the lack of communication. Their ticket system using email means there is no way to know if they received your email or not as you can't log in to their site and see your ticket and its status. Just an auto reply saying they received my email would be great. It would be even better if they could take 10 seconds and reply with something like "we got your email and just wanted to let you know it's going to be a few days before we can get to it." Not knowing what the heck is going on at all and having no idea of a time frame is very annoying.

If you did not receive the near-immediate, automated response, check your spam/junk email folders, and/or whitelist all the ArenaNet/GuildWars2 addresses.

You did use the web-form, and filled in your email address, yes?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you did not receive the near-immediate, automated response, check your spam/junk email folders, and/or whitelist all the ArenaNet/GuildWars2 addresses.

You did use the web-form, and filled in your email address, yes?

Yes, I got the auto response on my initial ticket submission. It's the subsequent replies, of which I have made 2, that I got no acknowledgement of. I read the support article on recovering an account and the information they would be looking for. I could not recall much of it when I initially submitted the ticket but I was able to discover some things, like the display name for instance, because my alt account was in one of the same guilds as the locked account.

I sent that in a couple of days after my initial ticket and got no response. A few days later, when the GM finally contacted me, they asked for more information. Some of what they asked for were things that I had put in that follow up email. That makes me wonder if they ever got the follow up email or if they got the one I sent answering the GM's questions. As I said above, I can't log in to a website and see what my ticket looks like so I have no idea what is going on and it's frustrating to say the least.

@Linken.6345 said:

@dave.9647 said:im waiting for 9 days now for help on my ticket... can anyone pls adress me?

Yes what can I do to help you?Considering other people in this thread have reported getting help after 15+ days your abit short on your wait time so far.

well i dont think your from support or a gm so i dont know how can you help me? and waiting above 9 days as for today is bad enough im not doing a contest here and your sarcasm not that welcome... have a nice day

@Tamlee.5460 said:Support could handle the tickets a lot more quickly if they would just call the client or a have a hotline for the easy fixes.

Agreed. It's quite baffling how you are unable to contact them directly in any way. You can't call them, chat with them and they don't respond to social media (tweets for example). When you're unable to access your account you can't ask something on the forum, and if you do they don't respond anyway.

I mean, I would probably even pay for support like that, even though every other company does it for free.