Ruler of the Skies issues (Skyscale Rift Closing Achievements)

Still some zones bugging out. Doing all the Skyscale rider achies for completionists sake. So far I have done Kryta and Tarnished Coast without any trouble, moved onto Ruins of Orr and the three that I tried all bugged out (2 in Straits of Devastation and 1 in Malchors Leap) so I just moved on from Orr to Shiverpeaks and those seem to be working so far.

Edit: the issue is indeed not getting the Rift Resonance buff at the start as someone mentioned earlier. Had another issue during the Shiverpeak ones but going back to the start to interact again gave me the buff I should've gotten from starting it. Doing the Orr ones again now and some are fine first try now, while for others I have to wait for the chain of orbs to spawn till the first node becomes active again so I can re-interact to get the buff. Definitely not working as intended though :p

As I did this achievement already I can confirm that sometimes those rifts won't work properly. But there's a workaround for this problem:As you start the rift journey, there is a counter in your buff bar that should count the reached orbs. If it doesn't count, return to the start position and wait for the rift orb to respawn (about 30 secs). Then start again and the counter should do with the whole rift journey working.

Since nobody suggested yet, please check Ruler of the Skies in wiki to make sure the node in question is exactly what you are missing.

I am missing a node in Orr (Cursed shore 3) which doesn't trigger achievement even though it drops the mote. Also note that I do get the Rift Resonance buff at start and node count seems correct too, but still no achievement point

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there, sorry to necro a thread, but I'm still having these issues as well in Tarnished Coast. Supposedly I'm missing a rift in Metrica Province, but even if I make sure I have the buff for clearing it, it won't pop the achievement. I've tried going to other rifts in the Tarnished Coast region to see if it's a missed line of code that's pointing me at the wrong rift, or something, but to no avail. I'd rather not have to circle the whole world working for a single rift, so if this could get actually fixed it'd be appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue currently with the rift in between Verdance waypoint and Jofast's waypoint in Cursed Shore. It's a short, straight line yet as soon as I get near the ending rift it decides to NOPE itself out of the conversation and doesn't give me the final Mistmote or achievement. Tried it several times in a row as well as after leaving the map to do other Orr rifts and came back, no avail. Going to try maybe when Verdance is uncontested??? And a few days in the future probably.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I was having the same issue. I used my API key on the wiki to see exactly which one I was missing. I had 2 that were not giving an achievement. I parked a couple of alts there and every day I would do them just to see if it would randomly trigger. Today I went to help another player on the map before switching alts and came across one of the ones listed for me as complete on the wiki. I figured oh what the heck it's some extra shinies so I did the rift... and I got the achieve \o/ So as painful as it is folks maybe retry the rifts that share the same map and you'll get lucky too! I hope you do :)

• 1 year later...

I haven't even tried for a long time now, but I had a free moment tonight so I once again did the ne Metrica rift for Ruler of the Skies.  And once again I did not get credit for it.  I checked via API key on the wiki and that is definitely the one not counting for me.  I have done it many times on many alts.  I just repeated it with a new just over 2 months old alt who'd never even been in Metrica before.

Is this at least something someone is *looking* at fixing?

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 8:03 PM, Donari.5237 said:

I haven't even tried for a long time now, but I had a free moment tonight so I once again did the ne Metrica rift for Ruler of the Skies.  And once again I did not get credit for it.  I checked via API key on the wiki and that is definitely the one not counting for me.  I have done it many times on many alts.  I just repeated it with a new just over 2 months old alt who'd never even been in Metrica before.

Is this at least something someone is *looking* at fixing?

I'm also having the same issue at the same rift, still. Tried it last night to see if the myriad of patches and fixes jostled something so I could complete it, but no dice.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah for me it's the two in Straits Of Devastation. Got all of them all the way to the end. Hovered there while still flapping inside the ending dark spot, and slowly lost altitude. VERY disheartening. They are going to fix this ...right?

Re entry did work (for me at least). Cost me a few silver to portal back, and a minor inconvenience for replaying a deja-vu, but it did work.  Good luck all. Hopeful that this will get a fix.

Edited by Pineapple.2370
status update

• 3 months later...