What is the real list of OPness right now?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:What a bunch.....

January : "Nerf A and buff B"February :" Nerf B and buff A"March: ""Nerf A and buff B"..............

I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

thats how balance works, in league champs can get buffed/nerfed every 2 weeks untill they land in a good spot.thats what you do, you cant perfectly balance with first try and sometimes you just have to juggle buff/nerfs untill you reach the sweet spot.but here we have to wait kitten year for anything to happen.

No balance can only exist if Elementalist is the best class in everything it does because it's inherently the most balanced.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shiyo.3578 said:Druid should absolutely never be buffed.

Druid should be reworked so that it's support capacity to heal others is exceptional but the druid itself is squishy and very susceptible to being focused. Kind of like a classic scourge except with damage.

But right now with everything GW2 has this original sin with the class and skill design where it's basically impossible to make a class that heals others like a traditional support that doesn't also create a nearly unkillable bunker that doesn't even bother playing support and just squats on the side node. See also; Core Ele, Scrapper, Ventari Rev, Chronomancer. Support Firebrand prior to Symbolbrand might be the first spec that actually lived up to being almost exclusively support and reasonably focusable.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

@dronte.3416 said:Reaper is also high on my list.

And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

Reaper is quite bad right now, you can realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.

Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to the things already mentioned here.When focused in team fight, if you don’t have competent support and a good team with you, you can be taken from 100% HP and 100% LF to death in about 4 seconds, while under the effect of CCs.

Its damage is not reliable. It is good while in Reaper Shroud, but if the enemy avoid it (and it is very simple with the powerful defences or mobility that other professions have access to) you find yourself with low damage weapons and bad defence for at least 10 seconds (usually more than enough to take down a Reaper).

Reaper is also a lot inferior to several things mentioned in this thread if fighting 1vs1.I mean yeah thats why EU plat t1-t2 are flooded with reapers. Also most MOTA teams were running a reaper just blowing up teamfights.

Surviving is not difficult with it, if you are good at kiting. The blood version is rather tanky as well. Obviously there are a lot tankier builds out there , but its a tradeoff.

It's really not that easy to avoid it's damage. in 1v1 maybe, but that's not something that you would do. Also calling axe low damage lol. And lichform can single handedly make or break fights.

@Black Storm.6974 said:I wonder how someone could not notice “something so obvious” (what I mentioned in my post). Probably many people in Silver and Bronze division tend to see most things as OP when played by “decent players”, it is also natural, everyone needs time to learn and there is a lot to learn to become good in PvP.PvP is full of things that can easily beat a Reaper, most professions can.Maybe several professions can beat it in 1v1, yes, but who cares? Reaper is not a duelist lol. Can't really judge on that. It's one of the best teamfighters out there in competent hands. I don't know about lower tiers and how good it is there, but it's extremely powerful at the top especially when you get good support.

The clear contenders for the nerfbat are Revenat as a whole the entire profession is exceedingly strong atm with lots of elements of it being broken. Not far behind that is Holo nades but that is a really simple fix honestly if Anet get there act together, they can fix these issues. War defintely needs a buff its extremelly weak at this moment in time.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:if Anet get there act together, they can fix these issuesThey could fix it in one day if they wanted toWar defintely needs a buff its extremelly weak at this moment in time.Warrior has the damage and it has its CCs. The tools to kill opponents are there !The real problem of warrior atm is, that it cant stand condi damage over time. If warrior gets a little help in this point it will be back again.

@Shiyo.3578 said:No, some builds are fundamentally impossible to balance and should be bad.

You didn't even give a good reason as to why Druid shouldn't be fixed. That class has been garbage tier ever since it's healing coefficients end up getting a bat. Druid is WAYYY easier to balance than Deadeye because with the damage nerf in pets they are actually controllable now. If anything they should tick back up the healing, watch it, and if it is too strong tweak as such.

You can't sit there and say that Druid can't be balanced when it is not even the same iteration as its predecessor

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:No, some builds are fundamentally impossible to balance and should be bad.

You didn't even give a good reason as to why Druid shouldn't be fixed. That class has been garbage tier ever since it's healing coefficients end up getting a bat. Druid is WAYYY easier to balance than Deadeye because with the damage nerf in pets they are actually controllable now. If anything they should tick back up the healing, watch it, and if it is too strong tweak as such.

You can't sit there and say that Druid can't be balanced when it is not even the same iteration as its predecessor

The problem with Druid is that it has the same problem with Ele in pvp. If they are buffed even slightly they are incredibly broken and if nerfed they almost next to useless its difficult but as it is there are more important things to balance at the moment.

@"Lilyanna.9361" said:You didn't even give a good reason as to why Druid shouldn't be fixed. That class has been garbage tier ever since it's healing coefficients end up getting a bat. Druid is WAYYY easier to balance than Deadeye because with the damage nerf in pets they are actually controllable now. If anything they should tick back up the healing, watch it, and if it is too strong tweak as such.

The issue with druid is the avatar. It's just to focused on healing. The purpose of the e-spec was most likely to provide support to it's teammate, however ANet didn't take into account that this support can be used selfishly on self, giving a lot of sustain to the profession when dueling.

To create something "balanced" ANet could either choose to make the spec harmless or rework the avatar, replacing most of the healing by middling damage and force the heal on the glyph while in avatar. Needless to say that ANet choose the easy way around and broke the spec, like they broke scourge, chrono, mirage... etc.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:The problem with Druid is that it has the same problem with Ele in pvp. If they are buffed even slightly they are incredibly broken and if nerfed they almost next to useless its difficult but as it is there are more important things to balance at the moment.As long as they never ever buff Ancient Seeds we're fine.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Lilyanna.9361" said:You didn't even give a good reason as to why Druid shouldn't be fixed. That class has been garbage tier ever since it's healing coefficients end up getting a bat. Druid is WAYYY easier to balance than Deadeye because with the damage nerf in pets they are actually controllable now. If anything they should tick back up the healing, watch it, and if it is too strong tweak as such.

The issue with druid is the avatar. It's just to focused on healing. The purpose of the e-spec was most likely to provide support to it's teammate, however ANet didn't take into account that this support can be used selfishly on self, giving a lot of sustain to the profession when dueling.

To create something "balanced" ANet could either choose to make the spec harmless or rework the avatar, replacing most of the healing by middling damage and force the heal on the glyph while in avatar. Needless to say that ANet choose the easy way around and broke the spec, like they broke scourge, chrono, mirage... etc.A stacking buff when healing teamates would probably help, and i mean teammates not pets and spirits. So it scales with people healed instead of afk side node.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:The issue with druid is the avatar. It's just to focused on healing. The purpose of the e-spec was most likely to provide support to it's teammate, however ANet didn't take into account that this support can be used selfishly on self, giving a lot of sustain to the profession when dueling.

To create something "balanced" ANet could either choose to make the spec harmless or rework the avatar, replacing most of the healing by middling damage and force the heal on the glyph while in avatar. Needless to say that ANet choose the easy way around and broke the spec, like they broke scourge, chrono, mirage... etc.A stacking buff when healing teamates would probably help, and i mean teammates not pets and spirits. So it scales with people healed instead of afk side node.

Such buff would probably stack on the druid itself which would bring us to step 1 where he got to much sustain. Nope, I don't think it's the proper way to handle the druid.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:The issue with druid is the avatar. It's just to focused on healing. The purpose of the e-spec was most likely to provide support to it's teammate, however ANet didn't take into account that this support can be used selfishly on self, giving a lot of sustain to the profession when dueling.

Such buff would probably stack on the druid itself which would bring us to step 1 where he got to much sustain. Nope, I don't think it's the proper way to handle the druid.

it's actually really simple. druid heals heal allies for double the amount of what they heal the druid for.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:What a bunch.....

January : "Nerf A and buff B"February :" Nerf B and buff A"March: ""Nerf A and buff B"..............

I don't envy those people paid to read through this pile of Horse Manure

thats how balance works, in league champs can get buffed/nerfed every 2 weeks untill they land in a good spot.thats what you do, you cant perfectly balance with first try and sometimes you just have to juggle buff/nerfs untill you reach the sweet spot.but here we have to wait kitten year for anything to happen.

No balance can only exist if Elementalist is the best class in everything it does because it's inherently the most balanced.

Then buff mesmers buff warriors?

Doesn't one of those 2 counter else? so if mes becomes very viable again it can be used to kill and war can i dunno what they counter.

@dronte.3416 said:

@dronte.3416 said:Reaper is also high on my list.

And if I can pick a skill instead of a class, I would go with Lich Form. It's just broken.

Reaper is quite bad right now, you can realise it as soon as you fight against any competent team instead of “PvP beginners”.

Surviving with it is very difficult, it has low damage and/or low survivability compared to the things already mentioned here.When focused in team fight, if you don’t have competent support and a good team with you, you can be taken from 100% HP and 100% LF to death in about 4 seconds, while under the effect of CCs.

Its damage is not reliable. It is good while in Reaper Shroud, but if the enemy avoid it (and it is very simple with the powerful defences or mobility that other professions have access to) you find yourself with low damage weapons and bad defence for at least 10 seconds (usually more than enough to take down a Reaper).

Reaper is also a lot inferior to several things mentioned in this thread if fighting 1vs1.I mean yeah thats why EU plat t1-t2 are flooded with reapers. Also most MOTA teams were running a reaper just blowing up teamfights.

Surviving is not difficult with it, if you are good at kiting. The blood version is rather tanky as well. Obviously there are a lot tankier builds out there , but its a tradeoff.

It's really not that easy to avoid it's damage. in 1v1 maybe, but that's not something that you would do. Also calling axe low damage lol. And lichform can single handedly make or break fights.

@Black Storm.6974 said:I wonder how someone could not notice “something so obvious” (what I mentioned in my post). Probably many people in Silver and Bronze division tend to see most things as OP when played by “decent players”, it is also natural, everyone needs time to learn and there is a lot to learn to become good in PvP.PvP is full of things that can easily beat a Reaper, most professions can.Maybe several professions can beat it in 1v1, yes, but who cares? Reaper is not a duelist lol. Can't really judge on that. It's one of the best teamfighters out there in competent hands. I don't know about lower tiers and how good it is there, but it's extremely powerful at the top especially when you get good support.

Nec are kiteable and literally require runes of speed if they did no dmg because shroud is nerfed they would not be used at all in pvp because they would be farmed all day, that's why they are vulnerable to CC.

Stun daze or criplpe the reaper, outrun him and dodge his attack.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:The issue with druid is the avatar. It's just to focused on healing. The purpose of the e-spec was most likely to provide support to it's teammate, however ANet didn't take into account that this support can be used selfishly on self, giving a lot of sustain to the profession when dueling.

it's actually really simple. druid heals heal allies for double the amount of what they heal the druid for.

what stops people from running 2 or 3 druids and bunkering down nodes while entangling people for 1hour at a time?you cant make a support only heal and expect it to ever be balanced