LFG joiners not bringing requested classes

Hi everyone thanks for all the feedback. After taking notes the problem seems to come up more in fracs and strikes than raids. I now lock subs and have new people filter through sub 1. I usually play alac and my buddy has a hb so dps lfg is easy. Sometimes I want to try another class and it does get frustrating since we are not in squads for fracs. NA raids is rather small so I only block people that literally troll runs.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Here is what I do in Strike Missions to deal with this issue:

• First of, I demand players who join to post their role. If they don't comply, they get kicked.
  • Next, I place players who fit the requirements in subgroup 2 and 3 and leave those who don't in subgroup 1. Some of the latter often ask what is still needed and then relog (you need to give them a chance to do so ;) ). If they don't, I kick them.

This has proven to be a successful technique. However, I see the difficulty in Fractal groups, since they are not squads. ANet needs to think of something there.

One time I was kicked from a T4 pug while switching from Weaver to Firebrand. Since supports always take the longest to fill, I managed to rejoin the pug that kicked me, only to arrive in the middle of this big rant about how people don't read the lfg description. So I just said "lol, you kicked me while I was at character select". They calmed down after that but some people are live wires and their head is gone before the game even starts.

Support players are always the smallest cohort in any game with dps/tanks/healers. Tanks and healers always take longest to fill. Do people just not like playing them? Do they not find the gameplay loop satisfying? Who knows. What I do know is that they are some of the most busted hard carries. Even in games like Overwatch, dps may be the largest cohort of players but it is a game that has historically been dictated by tank/support play.

I've seen it where I join 2/5 on Weaver or Soulbeast and then the group will fill to 5 dps despite asking for supports. Most days I just end up switching to a support. If I ask "what do you need?", they will tell me HB 95% of the time anyway. If I give them the option of condi/power/heal firebrand, 99% of the time they will ask for the heals. Nevertheless, I don't think the solution is to be inflexible. Everyone should have a pocket support or be in the process of gearing/learning one.

If enough people can flex roles, your group has so many options. You don't hit brick walls where you got no reflects for Capt Crowe, nobody is capable of providing it and nobody is willing to switch to a class that can. People get angry and they leave because all they have is hammers and everything (even their teammates) look like nails.

@"Besetment.9187" said:Support players are always the smallest cohort in any game with dps/tanks/healers. Tanks and healers always take longest to fill. Do people just not like playing them? Do they not find the gameplay loop satisfying?In this game specifically, any form of enthusiasm for playing support gets weaned out of a new player during the initial leveling experience.Leveling a character as support ...well I don't want to say it's not viable, but it's pretty close and it isn't very fun. From the length of time it takes to complete hearts to the reduced contribution to event participation, GW2 specifically teaches the player that support is a path to grind and general misery. Some story bosses become lengthy battles of attrition and the entire thing is solved by a system that that practially screams in the player's face "you can respec any time, gear is cheap, just build for damage".Tanking and support in MMOS in general appeals to a niche audience in the first place, many at their core don't enjoy the play style in general. Many of those players avoid GW2 due to a reputation of having a soft trinity.Only the players that remain after the 1-80 experience see how truly busted things like Scourge and Tempest can be, and that number is even lower than other MMOs which cater to support in their levelling and offer a designated place in all team comps.

@Besetment.9187 said:

Support players are always the smallest cohort in any game with dps/tanks/healers. Tanks and healers always take longest to fill. Do people just not like playing them? Do they not find the gameplay loop satisfying? Who knows. What I do know is that they are some of the most busted hard carries. Even in games like Overwatch, dps may be the largest cohort of players but it is a game that has historically been dictated by tank/support play.

Well, for one these classes are normally more pivotal to the success of the group, so if you mess up, the group is more likely to wipe because of you (not very appealing).Often times these classes are a lot harder to gear than a dps class. For the most part DPS classes use Berserker or viper, some of the support classes have way harder to obtain gear (especially if you are a newer player not sitting on thousands of magnetite shards).It is harder to practice some of the things these rolls do than to practice DPSing.A lot of them are pretty boring to play.

@"panzerdragon.8791" said:Good day everyone ,

Over the past few week in our raids and fracs we have encountered alot of players joining the group with no regard to our lfg ad. Examples include t4 + recs LF : Hb. Plenty of the joiners are not communicating when they join to explain the discrepancy between the ad and the class the brought. Had a few people message me back with worthless complaints on their removal from our party. Has anyone else had these issues or have a solution.

Regards,

Alac man

Honestly the LFG tool just doesn't work well in the context of the roles the community has built in responses to evolutions in professions. For example, if I request a single healer in my LFG because I often play heal tempest in strikes, there's nothing stopping my entire group from randomly filling with healers between someone noting they're a healer in chat, and me finally navigating the LFG page back to strikes to edit it. The LFG tool still believes you can clear anything with any group comp, when raids, strikes and fractals no longer fit that and comps critically rely on buffs generated from specific types of party members. The LFG tool needs a huge rework, plain and simple.

And I don't get the hate on people who think some LFG tools stuff is ridiculous. i get it. I also don't troll people either by joining groups I'm not qualified for. If you don't want to deal with randos, don't play with randos. You're likely to get "special" people every now and then. they might not be trolling, so don't lump everyone you don't like into one group.