Great CPU Usage while playing

Hello. I've been playing GW2 for more than a couple of years and I recently got the following problem:My pc has a AMD Ryzen 3 1200 CPU and a AMD Radeon R7 350 Series GPU. I play the game with Medium-High graphics and I didn't have a problem with that, but since a couple of days I'm having problems with the game because it uses a lot of CPU (80% exactly) when before it used between 50% to 60%, and because of that I'm having trouble at playing the game. What can I do to fix this problem?

@juanpaOP.1857 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:You have to specify the real problem. Is it stuttering, frame tearing, crashing?CPU usage isn't a problem.

My game freezes from time to time and it went to a point where my pc began to crash. That´s the problem. Sorry for not specifyingIs your CPU overheating? Check your temperatures!

Your PC can not crash from a high CPU usage, but from overheating.

If your CPU usage is now higher than it used to be then you have either more background stuff running in windows or you lowered some GPU intense settings which would lower the gpu demands and increase your fps. This would then also result in a higher CPU usage as the CPU has to calculate these additional fps too.

If it is not overheating, then it could be a power supply issue. A higher usage does also require more power. But that's pretty unlikely because your CPU has a very low power consumption.

Besides that: 80% CPU usage in GW2 is completely normal for a quad core CPU like yours.

• 2 weeks later...

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:You have to specify the real problem. Is it stuttering, frame tearing, crashing?CPU usage isn't a problem.

My game freezes from time to time and it went to a point where my pc began to crash. That´s the problem. Sorry for not specifyingIs your CPU overheating? Check your temperatures!

Your PC can not crash from a high CPU usage, but from overheating.

If your CPU usage is now higher than it used to be then you have either more background stuff running in windows or you lowered some GPU intense settings which would lower the gpu demands and increase your fps. This would then also result in a higher CPU usage as the CPU has to calculate these additional fps too.

If it is not overheating, then it could be a power supply issue. A higher usage does also require more power. But that's pretty unlikely because your CPU has a very low power consumption.

Besides that: 80% CPU usage in GW2 is completely normal for a quad core CPU like yours.

Thanks for the info. My CPU wasn't overheating. I don´t know what was the problem, but I solve it recently because I formatted my computer and now the game and other stuff work great.

CPU usage should be high. Near 100% ideally, but in most cases it will be lower because GW2 cannot always make use out of all cores all the time.High CPU usage means that the game is using your CPU's performance optimally to deliver you the best possible gameplay experience. Nothing to worry about.