The State of PvP

@Vishnok.7059 said:Bots,hacks,exploits...i have never seen pvp like this in any game...seriously...

They probably closed shop as far as pvp mode goes.Problem is the tons of gold bots make every day affect pve too and ofc the state of pvp is so tragic that makes the days of mesmers coming from stealth hitting you for 24k look like an improvement, at least back in those days everything was broken not perma stun meta and anything with condi deleting everything else.Would have been more honest to delete the pvp mode that keep it like this.

• Like 1

So how many times do we need to report bots and providing videos of bots? You always tell us to report in game but never ever happens and we see them season after season. so what do u want us to do if nothing works this is why the pvp community is dead is because of stuff like. fix ur game

I called the issues people are having with pvp a long time ago. I tried to entice them with the profit a healthy pvp community could bring the company. As a beta player who played for years before on quitting 3 years ago (of and on) then completely quitting a year ago and never looking back to re download the game, I can say clearly what the issue was. When the game was released there was a clean flow to pvp. You could dodge an attack and not be punished with a high damage auto attack. Conditions were able to be completely cleansed if you brought it with you. Good players lasted a long time and probably would not die unless facing another good player who could count their dodges. Things changed though. They added elite specs which invalidated core specs forcing a meta when there was previous diversity. The elite spec meta eventually got a power creep buff to deal with tanks. This would have been ok but instead of buffing individual long CD skills they buffed all skills including auto attack damage. They made it so it feels like everyone is just spamming damage and even if you used all your dodges to keep your health up you still end up losing it all to a constant volley of no break attacks. Now in a 5 vs 5 everyone is instantly downed to Spam skills if focused vs in the past where a person could outplay them and survive a bit before dying. Since the game lost its unique mechanic of having 10 impactful skills that had to be timed just right... many players quit as the rotation based metas took over. Anet broke two huge promises.1) The limited skill bar was supposed to help build diversity not encourage metas. It worked before elite specs were added. By limiting elite specs to their own trait-line so they could not be combined then making them essential in terms of what they had to offer. I get it... op specs bring in money in the short term. But it costs players in the long term.2) No holy trinity. The rise of support like abilities like the Firebrand, druid, or elementalist is a slap in the face and false advertising. Support was advertised as combo fields less healing and buffs not what we see in those three. This made many players feel cheated of their initial purchase.

Add that to a vet player who has his favorite builds nerfed (I had at least 20+ builds nerfed already not including builds lost to stronger meta's... All my friends builds were nerfed or invalidated with elite specs) then obviously people would leave pvp or be dissatisfied with it. People like permanence and owning a play-style. Imagine chess if they kept nerfing chess pieces all the time... No one can ever realize certain near infinite skill ceilings if the entire game changes all the time. Furthermore, noone wants to buy something without a clue as to what it will change to next. That is like buying an item from the store with a magical random feature that it becomes another item unable to return to what you bought in the first place. If you do wan't to nerf something, at least have servers to play the original content so there is some permanence.

Thats one of the reasons Ive been always thinking that those huge balance patches focused on competitive modes should had rather been focused on pve instead. One thing is that pve is just bigger part of the game, so it would make more sense if it was a main template for skills and then go from there and just trim pvp. My opinion is that when pvper just posts something, its hard to discern if its a feedback or a dull complain, so it must be a mess making a ballance based on that. And those who play pvp just for dailies wont apprise the big changes there anyway. Maybe if there was more of the Stronghold or some new pvp mode?Second thing is that those skill changes also affect pve, but negatively. Like that phiosophy of trade offs. Its mostly limiting in pve, since you dont need to be balanced there to fight another player. You need more variety .)

At this point, it really feels like maintenance mode. No updates, promises that were kept at first but now nothing is happening AGAIN, balance the same as usual with few classes OP (rev, holo), no communication, absolute silence. I don't take this mode too seriously, I play for the fun and friends so I can deal with that. But for everyone really committing to the game and trying his / her best, this is just sad.

• Like 1

How can the players invest in this game when anet themselves do not do it. We should have seen this coming when they did not even bother with voice acting due to the "coronavirus" when every other game company out there manages to cope. Or how about patches getting delayed when it rains in Seattle?

4 months after the big balance patch!

We have Major Balance issues, Bots, Hacks, and players shouting out the hard N in chat but not getting banned LOL.

Fuck it i'll be the first to say it, Anet isn't going to do a single good balance patch because they are planning to drop a new expansion for everyone to buy. Once that gets mention they'll drop a few minor patches by end of July and end of November.

Great Game but shitty Devs that don't really take the role of "Communication" seriously. God For bid it takes 1 out of the 2 PVP devs to make 1 post or 1 announcement of the forums to let everyone know what the hell going on and why everything getting delayed but hey that's to much to ask for when it comes to this company. Blaming the virus at this point would be fucking stupid specifically when everything pretty much reopening in the states again.

At some point when do we call if quits if the other party refuses to correct their mistakes or conduct routine balance updates? Serious question here. I've stuck with it for years, but like any bad relationship, when do you walk away (trick question: you usually walk away after all the damage has been dealt and regret it).

Jeff is still playing the game and not banned, despite being banned from a major tournament for HACKING. He has been hacking for YEARS.

There is a player who rage idle's(As in, sits in spawn and doesn't play) in 33% of their matches moving every 20 seconds for years and has never been banned.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Aihao.5824 said:and all problems went on after our favourite february patch

Except that patch was pure and distilled garbage.Everything done there (except toning down Power damage) is the opposite that should have been done.

tonin' donw power damage on my opinion is one of the most problems here. Lowering power sustain brought faceroll builds to meta, and slowed pvp.

@Aihao.5824 said:

Except that patch was pure and distilled garbage.Everything done there (except toning down Power damage) is the opposite that should have been done.

tonin' donw power damage on my opinion is one of the most problems here. Lowering power sustain brought faceroll builds to meta, and slowed pvp.

But the problem isn't that power got toned down.The problem is that conditions and sustain were not toned down.If they had been properly toned down, we would have an (at least somewhat) more balanced meta, instead of condi bunkers being all over the place.

Reducing one bloat while ignoring the others always is a bad decision that leads to terrible results.

@Fueki.4753 said:

But the problem isn't that power got toned down.The problem is that conditions and sustain were not toned down.If they had been properly toned down, we would have an (at least somewhat) more balanced meta, instead of condi bunkers being all over the place.

Reducing one bloat while ignoring the others always is a bad decision that leads to terrible results.

you are wrong, condi got nerfed equally if not more then power damage, fights got longer so condi builds became playable, what a concept.bias against condis blinds people

@Rufo.3716 said:They refuse to do anything about balance or cheaters in this game. Yet I come on the forums and call the devs idiots or say something bad about ANet, my post gets removed and I'm banned for a week. Just shows their priorities.

GW2 forums are a snowflake safezone.. I've been banned for such trivial crap you wouldn't believe . I don't care anymore, stopped caring ages ago, just randomly noticed I was unbanned a few months ago when I had to login to my acc to get authenticator removed. There is a meme somewhere where dude got banned for 'negative feedback' or some such , its actually gotten better believe it or not.

It is sad and poor at the same time when you read, experience or follow all this.

I, for example, was once very excited about GW2, came from another game (which I played for a long time), it was fresh, the combat system unique (still). For example, if I used to play 10-15 PvP matches a day, it's now 5-10 matches, if at all, in the whole week. It's just not (really) bearable anymore. Balancing the classes and specializations is one thing, balancing the matches is another. The same goes for WvW (Population, Server-Balancing) - really bad!

If one would split ArenaNet, the company as such, according to its three game modes, two-thirds of the company is a unique joke. ANet benefits (still and somehow not really) from its beginnings (GW1, etc.), its past, and its "community", but apparently doesn't realize what they are doing. Their social engagement (their commitment in these areas) in all honour, no matter what ... in the meantime it also feels hypocritical.

There are still (meanwhile) countless things one could mention, but for whom or what? :)In my opinion, ArenaNet needs a proper restart, and that means no new expansion and no (more) GW2!