Icebrood Saga Legendary Speculation

Since other LW previously had legendaries, what are people’s hopes for a legendary from accomplishing all the Icebrood Saga Masteries? I imagine they could continue the look from Aurora, Vision, and Coalescense with another ring or amulet, thus giving more customization for different effects. Another Legendary that would be good for this is a breather. It’s kind of one of those things that stands out on its own. Not to mention if they bring in more water features in the future, it would give people incentive to go back and play Icebrood Saga (or buy it if they don’t have it). Also making the option to create all 3 weights would make for replayabilty (or grinding whichever way you look at it).

@Tails.9372 said:TBH I kinda want to have an ascended (T2) and a legendary (T3) version of the runic set (both the armor and the BP). But whatever it's going to be it probably heavily involves doing strike missions.

Oh I do like this. I like my runic set and would love to upgrade. I havn’t made light or heavy legendary armor yet, and this would be cool.

IMO this Icebrood Saga just seems to be something they easily could come up with a short amount of time until they could decide on what to do next or if there was anything to do next. Being that most of these maps were mostly just ported over from the original game and the most recent map is mostly alpine borderlands from wvw with some overlays of maps like dragonstand mixed in with it. So I doubt there is anything legendary planned but would be nice if there was possibly but then again they still haven't fixed the issue of legendary stuff being easily swapped between characters and the build sharing feature made it even more work to do this so it would be great if they did but also another pain if they do.

It will likely be a trinket if any. Hard to tell since the amulet and second ring was tossed into competitive modes.

Making Clad for the North achievement a requirement to start crafting precursors to make legendary armor would be interesting. Even though I would prefer letting legendary armor be available to core PvE.

I would hate it if they added ascended versions of the runic armor as precursors. I don't want to have to refarm and repurchase everything again. I don't care if WvW had to do it before it was added. Legendary armor didn't exist when those came out.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:It will likely be a trinket if any. Hard to tell since the amulet and second ring was tossed into competitive modes.

Making Clad for the North achievement a requirement to start crafting precursors to make legendary armor would be interesting. Even though I would prefer letting legendary armor be available to core PvE.

I would hate it if they added ascended versions of the runic armor as precursors. I don't want to have to refarm and repurchase everything again. I don't care if WvW had to do it before it was added. Legendary armor didn't exist when those came out.

WvW armor you just had to have the exotic unlocked and you could buy the precursor with tickets, memories of battle and money. Could be something similar.

• 3 weeks later...

My current thoughts with the upcoming new fractal, and end of icebrood saga would be as follows:Make exotic/ascended infusions for fractals. They could be tiered up since currently +9/+5 infusions are rare, exotics could be +11/+6, and ascended could be +13/+7. Then, legendary version could be same as ascended stat wise but selectable. Also throw in the wvw bonus effect. Legendary version could be released with the new fractal coming up. Icebrood saga could have its own legendary armor set that is a slight visual upgrade to the current runic set.