Your new servers cannot even support world bosses like Teq

I did teq for 5 years, zero latency lag. Now you get tons of lag anywhere on the map when doing teq.

If your new servers cannot even support your games content, then your servers are not functional for your game. It's time to revert back to your old servers and not downgrading just to save costs, unless you think saving costs is worth losing players who won't play a game that's a laggy mess in any big meta event.

Big open world meta events is one of the unique things of your game, and it's main selling points. Your servers cannot support such content, that's bad.

Fix it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Your exp isn't everyone's. Did you change computers- isp -move -from eu on na server etc. If every teq was as you say why aren't 200 people complaining?

Surf the forums, it's at least that many (and likely 10x or more) that are saying the same thing.

And that’s just in the PvE section now.

It’s easily more than that in the WvW forums where people are tired of even complaining about it as disconnects and skills not firing for 10-15 seconds in even small scale encounters now are commonplace.

@Shiyo.3578 said:I did teq for 5 years, zero latency lag. Now you get tons of lag anywhere on the map when doing teq.

If your new servers cannot even support your games content, then your servers are not functional for your game. It's time to revert back to your old servers and not downgrading just to save costs, unless you think saving costs is worth losing players who won't play a game that's a laggy mess in any big meta event.

Big open world meta events is one of the unique things of your game, and it's main selling points. Your servers cannot support such content, that's bad.

Fix it.

What makes you think that's related to 'new servers'? Do you even know how much infrastructure is between you and the server or understand how it affects your performance?

@Jilora.9524 said:Wvw and pve are different as I see many in WvW forums but I still say I don't have lag in either so it's something else then servers but a few more still don't prove anything as no one makes threads about having no lag

So... I take it you’ve never done a three way in a keep or in SMC.

A few more? Type ‘lag’ in the search engine this forum has. Or maybe, since it doesn’t affect you, then it doesn’t exist?

Good luck to you.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Wvw and pve are different as I see many in WvW forums but I still say I don't have lag in either so it's something else then servers but a few more still don't prove anything as no one makes threads about having no lag

A few more? Type ‘lag’ in the search engine this forum has. Or maybe, since it doesn’t affect you, then it doesn’t exist?

Good luck to you.

Of course. 60 v 60 v 60 no lag. I said his exp not everyone's and he complained about WB and now you swapping to WvW like there the same. And Just because you have lag doesn't mean everyone has lag and at no point did I say lag doesn't exist so plz don't respond if you just gonna make stuff up ty.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Good luck to you.

Of course. 60 v 60 v 60 no lag. I said his exp not everyone's and he complained about WB and now you swapping to WvW like there the same. And Just because you have lag doesn't mean everyone has lag and at no point did I say lag doesn't exist so plz don't respond if you just gonna make stuff up ty.

The threads I linked were from both WvW and PvE. Where have I ‘made stuff up’?

And I will agree ‘everyone’ isn’t complaining. I directed you to a search that produced over 50 unique threads discussing lag in both PvE and WvW.

Your initial post essentially discounted his experience as just him. I simply pointed out that there are far more people in BOTH modes complaining about lag than you may think.

I also suggested you type ‘lag’ into the search engine on the forums if you wished to see what others have complained about.

You can choose to do so or to not to.

Hopefully your day gets better.

Wait, am I really being blamed for the servers being unable to handle mass amounts of people?No, sorry, I ask in map chat and everyone else is also lagging. It has NOTHING to do with my connection and the servers inability to handle the amount of people maps are capped at.

Perhaps lower the amount of players that can be in a map at once if your servers are now worse and can't handle it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Good luck to you.

And I will agree ‘everyone’ isn’t complaining. I directed you to a search that produced over 50 unique threads discussing lag in both PvE and WvW.

Your initial post essentially discounted his experience as just him. I simply pointed out that there are far more people in BOTH modes complaining about lag than you may think.

I also suggested you type ‘lag’ into the search engine on the forums if you wished to see what others have complained about.

It's right in the same sentence. I really don't get the anger. I said his exp is not everyone's. That isn't some crazy statement. He blames the new servers which is possible I guess but all I did is ask if other changes and somehow drew your ire. I don't have to seach for lag I said why isn't every one else a Teq and WB not on here complaining. And your condescending Hope your day gets better just stop. You obviously having the bad day overreacting to someone that wasn't even talking to you.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Good luck to you.

It's right in the same sentence. I really don't get the anger.

Not sure where you get I am angry. ?

I said his exp is not everyone's.

I didn’t dispute this.

That isn't some crazy statement. He blames the new servers which is possible I guess

See? We agree on something

but all I did is ask if other changes and somehow drew your ire.

Again, there is no ire. Not sure why you would infer that.

I don't have to seach for lag I said why isn't every one else a Teq and WB not on here complaining.

Less than 5% of players frequent the forum.

And your condescending Hope your day gets better just stop.

Threats aren’t cool. I will refrain from wishing you a good day.

You obviously having the bad day overreacting to someone that wasn't even talking to you.

Nope. Day has been great. Mid 80’s and full time work.

And.. It was reacting to your post. Not you. I don’t take the forums personally. It isn’t worth it. I respond to posts.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Good luck to you.

It's right in the same sentence. I really don't get the anger.

Not sure where you get I am angry. ?

I said his exp is not everyone's.

I didn’t dispute this.

That isn't some crazy statement. He blames the new servers
which is possible I guess

See? We agree on something

but all I did is ask if other changes and somehow drew your ire.

Again, there is no ire. Not sure why you would infer that.

I don't have to seach for lag I said why isn't every one else a Teq and WB not on here complaining.

Less than 5% of players frequent the forum.

And your condescending Hope your day gets better just stop.

Threats aren’t cool. I will refrain from wishing you a good day.

You obviously having the bad day overreacting to someone that wasn't even talking to you.

Nope. Day has been great. Mid 80’s and full time work.

And.. It was reacting to your
. Not you. I don’t take the forums personally. It isn’t worth it. I respond to posts.

I'll address the threats? You know the hope your day gets better was condescending. Wishing me a good day is different so don't play coy. You assumed I'd had a bad day for w/e reason.The anger and ire is twice you jump on me over the lag I don't exp. Maybe it's you just jealous I don't get lag who knows.Idk man I'm on the same servers as far as I know doubt it's Verizon cable or my 7 yr old computer.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The 'servers' aren't new. ArenaNet changed from their own NCSoft servers to Amazon servers a few years ago.What's changed, possibly, is the amount of traffic, recently, on the internet.

What might be informative is if all those experiencing lag are routed through the same Tier 1 backbone (there's only a few backbones).

It's new, because I haven't played the game for a year and just came back. These servers do not work for the amount of players allowed in maps right now and they need to fix it by reducing the max amount of players that can be in a single map.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Same servers from a year ago, from 2 years ago, and more.

I guarantee that nothing is running on servers from "2 years ago". Software updates, hardware updates/changes/fixes. All these things make it certain that the servers from 2 years ago have been replaced. Especially at Amazon. Odds are there are both dedicated, physical servers and virtual servers. Not sure which ones GW2 use, but they have certainly been tweaked and modifed from what they were 2 years ago.

The servers, old and new, have always lagged during events with high concentrations of active players. Tequatl at reset (NA) in the #1 map will always lag while everyone is spamming skills for example, but outside of that, not so much. Server lag will affect the entire instance and everyone in it.

If going back to NCSoft was an option (they closed their datacenter), it'd only be worse. The problem isn't the servers themselves, it's the software side / how they're using them.

For anyone naive enough to think the isue is on a per player basis:Here, have some screenshots of the complaints in map chat, I didn't even participate in the conversations, just made screenshots of the complaints.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/108115/desert-highlands-map-lags-unplayable-at-times#latest

These issues existed for at least 6 months in maps like Thunderhead Peaks and Sandswept Isles. Now it's spreading to more and more maps.It wasn't this bad even when most of Europe was in quarantine.