Open World Domination Builds, All Professions

Opopanax.1803

I've seen some great threads in different profession subforums that describe good open world builds.

The goal of this thread is to have a common place where we can share builds that are great for open world for all professions. I'm looking to have this as a resource for people to check out other professions that they may not normally play to give them ideas to try other classes.

Share your build!

@"Opopanax.1803" said:I've seen some great threads in different profession subforums that describe good open world builds.

The goal of this thread is to have a common place where we can share builds that are great for open world for all professions. I'm looking to have this as a resource for people to check out other professions that they may not normally play to give them ideas to try other classes.

Share your build!Great Idea in theory.In practice one person's idea of a "strong open world build" is something that keeps them alive in HoT.Another's idea of strong OW build is "Something I can solo a PoF bounty with"Yet another person will say "If I am not stacking 25 might on five people at Octovine, the build is trash"Nike and Wooden Potatoes both did a series of "Open World" builds but they were as different as night and day. Nike's were focussed on hard carrying pepegas in meta events like Chak Gerent, while WPs were "here's a Renegade that you just need to autoattack with".They both gave excellent builds, they were both for Open World, but they were drastically different as they served completely different purposes.

The other problem you will run into with this idea is the fact that this forum has become absolutely mired in toxicity among the more casual players that providing any form of feedback about bad builds/bad advice is met with self-righteous anger. Egos are too fragile and the moderation protects those egos ahead of protecting players from misinformation/personal bias. No discussion can take place when someone posts something that is objectively terrible.Your heart may be in the right place, but this is not a good place for any actual discussion about GW2 buildcraft.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@"Lysico.4906" said:Too be fair.. It is open world.. Anything will work. Really don't need mix/max builds posted here for that.

Not everything works for soloing events, champions, legendaries. Some builds work better than others in the open world.

And some builds work better on one champ, but worse on another. Some builds have too much tankiness for some players, but too little for others. Minmaxing open world stuff is pointless since everyone has different mindset, skill level, build preference etc etc. You can also get a random player(s) helping you with champ which can make your "minmaxed" build pointless since you could've gotten more of X if you removed Y from your build since those players already have that Y.

Ease for most of classes is diviner armor+runes of pack.It works great with guardian, Mesmer, Engie, reaper, spb, ranger... when you can generate boons but may not maintain fury, quickness, cap >20 mights etc, alone or long enough; or because you just want to buff easily yourself with a hand in your pants and your eyes on the stain on the wall.It allows more fluency between mobs, more "constant" dps without sawtooth, without looking at your perfect rotation, because of buff/pre-buff. Be careful with classes with no or low power/precision from traits and skills.For example : Guard/DH/FB You loop retaliation without looking at your rotation, you maintain mights Holo/scrapper same you loop quickness/fury, or Chrono/mesmer you can loop fury only with the runes and gimmicksIssue, it's useless in others mods, except for chrono, may be FB ; or some niche roaming or supports builds for WvW.

The other solution : Trailblazer/dire, with runes of Bhaltazar, krait, afflicted, nightmare, divinity, traveler ...
I don't really like it, but If people are very casuals or for some conditions they can't react fast enough, read everything on screen etc; it's effective with 8/9 classes.
Fire weaver/tempest, burn guard, necro/scourge, berserker, mirage, thief d/d, trap ranger, herald/renegade.Edit I said 8/9 because I think condi engie is a pain, not very friendly for newbie, nor effective at all in OW. For example FB you just smash axe #1 and #2, and all passives traits do the job for +10k burning/bleeding.

These are some builds I've had a lot of success with.

Axe/Dagger Spellbreaker: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAcinlFwUYUMMWJOWXeveA-zRJYiRL/h0iQoOJQEKAFPA-e

Great for learning the game. Teaches stun-break/condi cleanse use and enemy prediction (using Full Counter). You're also tanky enough to screw up on occasion.

Flamethrower Scrapper: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAIRlRw6YNMHWJW+S5tfA-zRJYiRF/Jo4B-e

Probably the best meta-tagger and farmer of non-champs I know of. If you want to fight champs, drop Flamethrower for Elixir U or C, stick to hammer and use Modified Ammunition and Adaptive Armor.

Condi Minion Necro: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAs+jlZwmYVsQ2IWMTfvSA-zRJYmRLfhUQCEZI0RBI8A-e

This one won't win any speed-kill competitions, but you'll never die. Use your shades to buff your minions while letting your condis do their job.

Herald Revenant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAweZlpQHMLyhdRNMM6hJSfsCKgp+lerH-zRJYiRHfp0XCERBkcE0cIoyA-e

Sword/Sword is better DPS, but I find that Sword/Axe is better for running around in open world. Better on-demand breakbar damage. Mostly you just pop your facets and auto-attack, swapping to Dwarf when you need energy/healing.

My personal choices:

Condition (trailblazer) Herald (Glint + Mallyx, mace + axe/shield), maybe the strongest solo build in the game, able to beat all soloable fractal bosses and a lot of open world events designed to medium size groups:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAke7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgj7SdrD-zRJYkRLfZ0RBESK49BJI6tsonG-e

Lord Hizen has some amazing videos portraying how performs in the hands of a expert player.

Power (berserker) Herald (Glint + Shiro, swords/staff), the best defiance bar breaker build in the game, can crush solo almost every hero point in HoT; also happens to be amongst the strongest builds than a Rev can run for PvP and WvW roaming, with almost no changes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQKMPyi1RXMOCjRSiMCqgpsVezE-zVIYR0xfItpAyUI0pMQjDA-w

Burning (dire) Firebrand (axe + shield/scepter + focus), a 22K HP, 3.2K+ armor and 2K condition damage behemoth with good defiance bar breaking capabilities, solid sustain/tankiness and huge pulsating AoE damage:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABc6t3lRwAZVsP2IWyWevKA-z1QY3g+4xHYpkQR1YCkZE0ZI4whIo/tsonG-w

Any of them will mostly stomp through PvE content while playing alone.

[Trailblazer/Apothecary Fire Sword Weaver] — the ultimate build to solo everything. Created by Lord Hizen but modified by me for more damage. It works in WvW too (I tried).

[Condi Herald] — Trinkets are carrion because I wanted my condis to be more bursting. + I like swiftness. Not super strong as a DPS, but it's pretty tanky. I wouldn't really recommend this one over Condi Renegade in most situations.

[Scrapper Grenadier] — It's fun to play. I was able to solo dungeons, champs, some bounties. Barrier makes this class super tanky, but you have to keep dealing damage.

[Deadeye] — This is my favourite character, mostly because of Invigorating Precision allows me to literally facetank champs. This thief has everyting. Boons, mobility, projectile denial, melee/ranged, condi cleanse, additional evade (Roll for Initiative), boon strip (at DE's mark). Marauder gear is used to reach crit cap. It's probably an Overkill. Runes of Fireworks are only for 25% movement speed (I hate being a slow-runner and I don't want to swap skills).DA/Critical Strikes Daredevil also works fine (staff).

[Chaos Mirage] — just put some runes of tormenting = ulimited power.

@Demen.2016 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:
— the ultimate build to solo everything. Created by Lord Hizen but modified by me for more damage. It works in WvW too (I tried).Is it nice for dueling in WvW or just solo objectives?

It works for dueling (you know, your skill is more important. Mashing random buttons won't make it easier), but Blinding Ashes would be much better (Grandmaster trait /Fire), and other utility skills of course (like Twist of Fate for 2 break stuns, Cleansing Fire for condi cleanse; depends on what you need. These skills are set purely for PvE).