Who else wants a WvW tournament

dsons.9563

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Here are the 2 Dev quotes on tournaments.

“Q. Will there be another WvW Tournament?A:The old tournament format encouraged extensive play that resulted in a lot of burnout across the player base and a permanent drop off in WvW players. This had a negative impact on the format, and in order to keep WvW healthy, we currently do not have plans to bring back WvW tournaments.”

AND

“Rewards/Tournaments/LeaderboardsIf—and that is a big if—we do add/change rewards to be tied more directly to World success in matches, those changes would come later. The plan is to ship the core system and get all the kinks worked out and the teams balanced before we start trying to find new ways to give rewards or do tournaments or anything of that kind.”

I don't really see why you need to link quotes and they say "currently" w/e these quotes were from in the past isn't "currently" or covers all future dates and means nothing could change their minds. The thread is just would players want tournaments and I get you tried to stop the thread once before you quoted but what they said could change if enough players wanted them. I doubt we will ever see tournaments again but who knows

I’m just the messenger.

I don’t think you should focus on the word “currently”. I think you should focus on the words that indicate the devs are saying no to tournaments.

Have a great one!

A messenger who misinterprets the words of a message. "We don't currently have plans for an expansion was also said before"

I’m not misinterpreting anything. Devs don’t want to run tournaments for valid reasons. There are tons of conditions to be met first before it’s even a consideration. And since alliances are nowhere in sight, you’re probably never getting a tournament no matter how much you wish it to happen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Swagger.1459 said:

“Q. Will there be another WvW Tournament?A:The old tournament format encouraged extensive play that resulted in a lot of burnout across the player base and a permanent drop off in WvW players. This had a negative impact on the format, and in order to keep WvW healthy, we currently do not have plans to bring back WvW tournaments.”

AND

“Rewards/Tournaments/LeaderboardsIf—and that is a big if—we do add/change rewards to be tied more directly to World success in matches, those changes would come later. The plan is to ship the core system and get all the kinks worked out and the teams balanced before we start trying to find new ways to give rewards or do tournaments or anything of that kind.”

I don't really see why you need to link quotes and they say "currently" w/e these quotes were from in the past isn't "currently" or covers all future dates and means nothing could change their minds. The thread is just would players want tournaments and I get you tried to stop the thread once before you quoted but what they said could change if enough players wanted them. I doubt we will ever see tournaments again but who knows

I’m just the messenger.

I don’t think you should focus on the word “currently”. I think you should focus on the words that indicate the devs are saying no to tournaments.

Have a great one!

A messenger who misinterprets the words of a message. "We don't currently have plans for an expansion was also said before"

I’m not misinterpreting anything. Devs don’t want to run tournaments for valid reasons. There are tons of conditions to be met first before it’s even a consideration. And since alliances are nowhere in sight, you’re probably never getting a tournament no matter how much you wish it to happen.

Well I said we probably never will but you say the devs said "no". Then to prove your point you quoted the devs saying no plans at this time not "no"so that's misinterpreting. Now you double down on it and say I wish which I'd be cool w or w/o. No idea why alliances are involved now but ok. It's ok to be wrong and misunderstand. Just learn from it and not keep going in the future.Have a great one

@Jilora.9524 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

Well I said we probably never will but you say the devs said "no". Then to prove your point you quoted the devs saying no plans at this time not "no"so that's misinterpreting. Now you double down on it and say I wish which I'd be cool w or w/o. No idea why alliances are involved now but ok. It's ok to be wrong and misunderstand. Just learn from it and not keep going in the future.Have a great one

Some of us follow what the devs post.

My first quote was from McKenna from years ago. The second quote was from Raymond 2 years ago in an alliance update thread...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1

Now you know the why. So good luck getting tournaments in 5 years after alliances ship, all the issues are worked out, and there are only a few hundred players left over in GW2 wvw after the game is in maintenance mode.

@Swagger.1459 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

My first quote was from McKenna from years ago. The second quote was from Raymond 2 years ago in an alliance update thread...

Right you quoting stuff from years ago like anet has never wavered or changed their mind like the no expansion and oh cantha. And you re quote a quote I already saw. None of this is "no" "never". It's unlikely but who knows. You are caught up trying to be right when you can't be right cause we don't know if thyey could change their mind like many times before. I guess your clinging to a big if as that's definitive idk. Keep fighting tho I like your spirit. There's being wrong and trying to win anyway I guess just for arguments sake. The thread is would you like to see tournaments and sure I would participate but I'm not going to be upset if they never happen. So vote NO and move on would be great.

@Jilora.9524 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

Right you quoting stuff from years ago like anet has never wavered or changed their mind like the no expansion and oh cantha. And you re quote a quote I already saw. None of this is "no" "never". It's unlikely but who knows. You are caught up trying to be right when you can't be right cause we don't know if thyey could change their mind like many times before. I guess your clinging to a big if as that's definitive idk. Keep fighting tho I like your spirit. There's being wrong and trying to win anyway I guess just for arguments sake. The thread is would you like to see tournaments and sure I would participate but I'm not going to be upset if they never happen. So vote NO and move on would be great.

You weren't sure why I mentioned alliances so I clarified for you.

There were permanent population losses from the last tournaments. The devs do not want that. Matches are still unbalanced so if you run a tournament the forums will explode with complaints about unbalanced matches, bandwagoning, and there will be a ton of Anet bashing for running a tournament under those conditions... So you can hope all you want, but the reality is that it's not gonna happen unless major issues are resolved first. And there are still big ifs even if things did change. And those changes and fixes probably won't happen for years, if they even happen at all...

@Swagger.1459 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

There were permanent population losses from the last tournaments. The devs do not want that. Matches are still unbalanced so if you run a tournament the forums will explode with complaints about unbalanced matched, bandwagoning, and there will be a ton Anet bashing for running a tournament under those conditions... So you can hope all you want, but the reality is that it's not gonna happen unless major issues are resolved first. And there are still big ifs even if things did change.

Oh back to the hope all I want. I guess you missed the 4 times I didn't say that. The votes seem to favor we want them but yes you can see the future. Permanent losses and now tons of servers full again and que's on many maps. You will just jump anywhere to try and win something you can't prove. They don't have to use the same format and could limit transfers but now you can speak for the devs. Are you friends with them? Do you got inside info. Again the thread is would you like a tournament not Do you ever think there will be tournaments again. And I think it's unlikely but hey keep arguing.

@Jilora.9524 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

There were permanent population losses from the last tournaments. The devs do not want that. Matches are still unbalanced so if you run a tournament the forums will explode with complaints about unbalanced matched, bandwagoning, and there will be a ton Anet bashing for running a tournament under those conditions... So you can hope all you want, but the reality is that it's not gonna happen unless major issues are resolved first. And there are still big ifs even if things did change.

Oh back to the hope all I want. I guess you missed the 4 times I didn't say that. The votes seem to favor we want them but yes you can see the future. Permanent losses and now tons of servers full again and que's on many maps. You will just jump anywhere to try and win something you can't prove. They don't have to use the same format and could limit transfers but now you can speak for the devs. Are you friends with them? Do you got inside info. Again the thread is would you like a tournament not Do you ever think there will be tournaments again. And I think it's unlikely but hey keep arguing.

I'm just stating the facts. We have had these threads pop up for years and the devs don't want it for valid reasons, and most in the community understand why we don't have tournaments.

@Swagger.1459 said:

AND

I’m just the messenger.

Have a great one!

I'm just stating the facts. We have had these threads pop up for years and the devs don't want it for valid reasons, and most in the community understand why we don't have tournaments.

There were no facts you posted. You say they said no they didn't that's the fact. I haven't seen asking for tournaments too often. The devs still didn't say they don't want them otherwise I wouldn't be still conversing with you or you linked the wrong quotes. Ty for speaking for most in the community somehow even tho the votes favor lets go to war but again I admire your stubbornness. Go down swinging right or wrong.

"There were no facts you posted. You say they said no they didn't that's the fact."

"Here are the 2 Dev quotes on tournaments.

AND

“Rewards/Tournaments/LeaderboardsIf—and that is a big if—we do add/change rewards to be tied more directly to World success in matches, those changes would come later. The plan is to ship the core system and get all the kinks worked out and the teams balanced before we start trying to find new ways to give rewards or do tournaments or anything of that kind.”"

Both quotes mean no. Those are the facts.

I've followed these forums since the beginning and there have been tons of threads and comments like these. You can wish all you want, but not gonna happen.

@"Swagger.1459" said:"There were no facts you posted. You say they said no they didn't that's the fact."

"Here are the 2 Dev quotes on tournaments.

AND

“Rewards/Tournaments/LeaderboardsIf—and that is a big if—we do add/change rewards to be tied more directly to World success in matches, those changes would come later. The plan is to ship the core system and get all the kinks worked out and the teams balanced before we start trying to find new ways to give rewards or do tournaments or anything of that kind.”"

Both quotes mean no. Those are the facts.

I've followed these forums since the beginning and there have been tons of threads like these. You can wish all you want, but not gonna happen.

Lol the same 2 quotes that don't say no. No plan currently and a big if are not no. Again I will agree unlikely but I would love to see it as would others but I don't care nor expect it. I good with you as you just going to use the same quotes and we won't get anywhere. I had faith you wouldn't resort to circle arguements but we right back at the beginning so goodnight. Turning computer off. Sorry you can't see that you are wrong and again this thread was solely if you would like them not if they would ever happen

@LetoII.3782 said:

The votes seem to favor we want them but yes you can see the future.

Your biased poll netted a slightly positive result with 59 respondents.

Sit down

Not my poll. And? Oh so 60 votes does show more would like it. Why don't you sit down. I mean WvW to you is standing on smc wall with your bow and 3 other guys with bows so not like that would win any tournaments.

@"Swagger.1459" said:The devs said no tournaments. Their words imply a big no to tournaments. There haven't been any tournaments for 6 years now because all the same issue with the game are present and players permanently left wvw over it.

Still not the point of this person's poll. Would you like a tournament type thing or not. Simple. Do you have any quote's saying "no" "never again" from devs. If so please share them. So far it's just you misinterpreting and derailing this guys thread. You can't say devs say no and then their words imply no. That's 2 different thing.

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Jilora.9524"

“in order to keep WvW healthy, we currently do not have plans to bring back WvW tournaments.”

That’s still the official stance. Y’all need to get over asking for tournaments.

Ya that's from years ago. Today is not "currently" and I don't get why you keep quoting something that proves you wrong. But I weally weally want a tournament. Oh wait I didn't say that either. Are you one of those gotta get the last word types? If so just type something I wouldn't have to respond to. Anything really just to end this

@Swagger.1459 said:@Jilora.9524 All the same major issues that existed years ago are still present today, and that’s why the devs aren’t going to run tournaments. Their words, and the reasons why, are clear.

And you do want tournaments, or am I just imagining that you voted “to war”?

I voted to war. You have yet to vote. But I also mentioned 4 times I'm ok either way. I will participate if they bring them back or just play normal wvw just fine. It's just a poll. You vote say something why you feel that way and yay your done. But for some reason you don't vote and try and squash these guys who might want a tournament more then me by miss information from years ago saying at that time there are no plans for more tournaments. Now I don't know why you did that. Vote or not but joining the thread w/o voting and just saying the same things over and over makes no sense but I'm intrigued so we continue

I would want full tournaments or seasons, but not under these current mechanics and conditions, it simply isn't a fair shot for most servers, and players cannot be left to keep it fair on their own.

The only thing I see they could use was a 24 hour tournament starting from reset, at the end of 24 hours(in which all time zones would have had a chance to participate), you award seasonal points and run this every week for 6 weeks between the relinks. You do it this way so players don't get burned out by entire weeks of stressful play, the 2 hour skirmish also puts a big limitation to the points you earn anyways (you just need enough warscore to win the 2hr block, not rack up points to carry you through the week like the old way), skirmish is something that wasn't present in the old tournaments. (The bad thing about this now is the terrible lag wvw gets these days on reset and full maps).

But again you would still have mass amounts of players bandwagoning to get the most rewards out of it, unless you fully lock down transfers, which of course won't happen. Or unless you setup specific open transfer window like a week or two before relinks, or a penalty of transferring any other time gets you no season rewards until next relink basically a more harsh version of the loyalty pip or the one week no skirmish reward.

Yes, I would like to again participate in another WvW tournament (I greatly enjoyed participating in the previous ones), but preferably after alliance system will be implemented to WvW, to somewhat ballance the greatly disproportional server populations.