Guildrider Warclaw skin reward track could be improved

@Linken.6345 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I guess I would ask what the functional difference would be?

people who already have unlocked the warclaw can get the skin without cost maybe.

Ok, now I understand the effect of the request.

I would then ask: when has Anet effectively given a mount skin for free?

Or maybe I misunderstand.... why they would work towards the ‘mount’ if they’ve unlocked the skin which can only be used on the mount in question?

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I guess I would ask what the functional difference would be?

So I can manage my time more efficiently, farming gold at the same time doing WVW, it also gives money. Not to let WVW effort get wasted.

Hmm.. Not sure there would be a difference that would impact things.

I wonder if it’s something they could do.

I guess kind of like unlocking the griffon quests..

Huh.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

So I can manage my time more efficiently, farming gold at the same time doing WVW, it also gives money. Not to let WVW effort get wasted.

Huh.

Right now if u do WVW before getting 200g and unlock it, it won't help the progress other than saving daily potion.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Huh.

Right now if u do WVW before getting 200g and unlock it, it won't help the progress other than saving daily potion.

I understand your thought now.

Not that it matters, but it sounds fine to me! ?

I like this idea. It'd allow people to work on saving up 200g while they work through the track instead of all that WvW experience going to waste.

Right now, you're basically wasting your time in WvW if your goal is this particular reward track. You're paying for the privilege of grinding out the track and that feels bad. It's the same reason masteries feel bad when they can't be trained without mastery points put in. All the experience you gather in the meantime just evaporates.

For me the problem was the reward was nothing more than a re-skin of the Outrider Warclaw, which any player who had purchased the Warclaw Frontline Pack already had.

If instead the guild rider reward track gave you the Saberclaw, the Marauder skin, or frankly anything NEW, it would have been a smashing success. But for anyone who already owns the Outrider skin, or who doesn't like that skin to begin with, the reward track is just a waste of gold.

You're trying to place the 200g cost on the skin itself and not the rest of the black lion items in the track, if they were to do that they would certainly take out all the other black lion stuff and make it into a regular track(and they probably wouldn't lower the cost then either). Even though it's mostly the cheapest stuff they could find on the black lion statuette vendor list. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Statuette

Bloodstone dye kit, 10 black lion scraps(1 black lion ticket), black lion key, metabolic primer, heroic booster, exp booster, 2 black lion statuette, armistice bastion pass(2 weeks), 6 mini pets. Not even one of the finishers which would have been more useful to a pvp player than a mini.

The skin being a lazy reskin of one of most boring skins they have, was also a terrible reward. Also too many mini pets in the track, which if you're running a full map in wvw.... they're culled, also not useful when using a stealth class, so again, terrible rewards.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You're trying to place the 200g cost on the skin itself and not the rest of the black lion items in the track

Not to take away from your point about the overall value of what's in the track, but isn't the whole idea to give people a way to get gemstore rewards for in-game efforts? Mount skins were a shop-only affair before this, so I do think putting the biggest cost on the skin rather than on the track does make sense, since you're still "paying" for the rest by investing time the way you'd do map completion for a chance at a key or accrue log-in rewards for other shinies.

Because of that, I don't think they'd have to take those items out of the track if they implemented OP's request; simply make it completable only once (which I think it already is?) and you're good.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You're trying to place the 200g cost on the skin itself and not the rest of the black lion items in the track, if they were to do that they would certainly take out all the other black lion stuff and make it into a regular track(and they probably wouldn't lower the cost then either). Even though it's mostly the cheapest stuff they could find on the black lion statuette vendor list. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Statuette

Bloodstone dye kit, 10 black lion scraps(1 black lion ticket), black lion key, metabolic primer, heroic booster, exp booster, 2 black lion statuette, armistice bastion pass(2 weeks), 6 mini pets. Not even one of the finishers which would have been more useful to a pvp player than a mini.

The skin being a lazy reskin of one of most boring skins they have, was also a terrible reward. Also too many mini pets in the track, which if you're running a full map in wvw.... they're culled, also not useful when using a stealth class, so again, terrible rewards.

The problem there is what we are supposed to be talking about is the mount skin.

When I select Gift of Battle as my reward track, does it matter what the contents are for the other tiers in that track? Does it matter that there is an amalgamated gemstone or mystic clovers? No, because that isn't why you are doing the track - you're after the Gift of Battle. The rest of the contents are irrelevant, since if you needed a Gift of Battle, would you refuse to complete the reward track because you felt the contents of the other tiers weren't worth it? Of course not.

So I don't buy into this argument, and if players want to use it as a rationalization, they are free to do so.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You're trying to place the 200g cost on the skin itself and not the rest of the black lion items in the track, if they were to do that they would certainly take out all the other black lion stuff and make it into a regular track(and they probably wouldn't lower the cost then either). Even though it's mostly the cheapest stuff they could find on the black lion statuette vendor list.

The problem there is what we are supposed to be talking about is the mount skin.

When I select Gift of Battle as my reward track, does it matter what the contents are for the other tiers in that track? Does it matter that there is an amalgamated gemstone or mystic clovers? No, because that isn't why you are doing the track - you're after the Gift of Battle. The rest of the contents are irrelevant, since if you needed a Gift of Battle, would you refuse to complete the reward track because you felt the contents of the other tiers weren't worth it? Of course not.

So I don't buy into this argument, and if players want to use it as a rationalization, they are free to do so.

But some of the tracks give items within the track that people select it for.

The amalgamated gemstone is actually one people look for.

Same with some of the dungeon tokens within the actual dungeon tracks as they cone throughout the track.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You're trying to place the 200g cost on the skin itself and not the rest of the black lion items in the track, if they were to do that they would certainly take out all the other black lion stuff and make it into a regular track(and they probably wouldn't lower the cost then either). Even though it's mostly the cheapest stuff they could find on the black lion statuette vendor list. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Statuette

It's easy, just put them in vendor and let you purchase them in certain price when you unlock certain track, the whole price plus the skin all together=200g.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The problem there is what we are supposed to be talking about is the mount skin.

You don't pay anything for the gift of battle track, it's available with no strings. Plenty of tracks offers things in the track that people may want, like the gift of battle track is also the only track that offers 10 extra memories of battle. The dungeon tracks have weapons skins and tokens, even the new living story track has a ton of crafting materials in it. So yes while the last reward is mostly why you would run a track, there's still plenty of stuff in between that's useful to people.

The mount track needs to be purchased for 200g, At the current rate of exchange 200g gets you about 590 gems, at minimum the regular random picked mounts cost 400 gems, so the rest of stuff dumped in there is suppose to make up for the cost. Now this is the argument others made when the track was introduced, not me. My complaint was the skin was reused, if it was actually unique and even cool looking then yes I wouldn't care what was in the rest of the track and maybe would have been tempted to buy it.

Or turn it around, if someone pays $10 for 800 gems which gets close to 200g for the exchange to buy the track, they'll want equal worth out of it. That reskin certainly isn't worth 800 gems. So yes for that track there needs to be extra black lion stuff in it.

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:Not to take away from your point about the overall value of what's in the track, but isn't the whole idea to give people a way to get gemstore rewards for in-game efforts?

We don't know their actual intention with this track was, it could have been a way for them to test selling black lion stuff through reward tracks, 200g around 862 gems, is about $10, which would be more appealing to pve players, with a track full of stuff they would enjoy. Sure they could have straight sold this on the gem store, but they have been looking at selling bundles of items. Doubt anyone wants pay more than 400 gems just for a reskin.

Mount skins were a shop-only affair before this, so I do think putting the biggest cost on the skin rather than on the track does make sense, since you're still "paying" for the rest by investing time the way you'd do map completion for a chance at a key or accrue log-in rewards for other shinies.

Because of that, I don't think they'd have to take those items out of the track if they implemented OP's request; simply make it completable only once (which I think it already is?) and you're good.

Everyone would just do the track to the end to get the free black lion stuff and not bother getting the skin, cause as mentioned it's just a lazy reskin of a previous skin that's one of the more boring ones. So yes, they would take out all the extras and make it into a regular track at that point, because anet does not like giving away free stuff, and only to get your attention to the store for something else.

That reward track really did feel like a quick scramble to put something out that was WvW related but had no input from anyone on the team who works with or plays WvW.

That original mount skin was actually my favorite except it had no dye channel for the eyes but the re-skin was actually a downgrade because you can't even dye the leg wraps which was the coolest looking part on the original with a good textured dye. It was an actual downgrade for 200g