Buff Druid Staff

Bunny.9834

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Druid in general could use a good rework tbh. Not just staff.

Agree, it's the only Elite Spec designed around healing and it's not desired in end game healing because its so clunky.

Can't really say that it isn't desired in end game content.It packs good heals, can provide lots of might by itself, and also has a bunch of unique buffs for the party with frost spirit/spotter to boost the damage of the whole team.

Never saw that a druid is unwelcomed in a party.

Its not meta anymore; its only taken in raids because Spirits affect ten people. And even in raids, the backup healer (Ele) provides most of the raw healing, while the Druid is taken mainly for damage boosts (Water Spirit, Spotter, Might stacking). In Fractals and other 5man content, Druid isn't desirable, people will usually let you pass but they'd prefer to have a Firebrand instead.

Druid's healing, despite having 200%+ in modifiers, is lower than Ele at a modest 165%. (I main both in PvE.)

Compare Druid Staff to Elementalist Staff Water Attunement, there's a huge difference. Ele can even Revive downed with Geyser, and all the Water Fields provided mean that people are getting healed alot from Finishers, too (and Auras on Tempest..).

Druid is still your goto healer in raids. You even contradict yourself in your text. It isn't desirable but taken because of the buffs. So what? Either you don't want it and don't use it or you use it and want it. Yes Tempest only goes as second heal. Never main healer. That is always a druid.

In 5man content FB+Rev is better because you still have a lot of healing without a healer (Kalla is by a large margin the best healing skill in the game) and FB farts out almost all boons while providing decent damage. Berserker Druid damage is medicore at best and does nothing while buffing.

It's not a contradiction to not desire to use something but use it anyway since one aspect of it is desirable. Spirits on Druid are desirable, the clunky burst healing is not. DPS Soulbeast can provide the spirits, others can provide better healing.

I don't play druid, but the removal of evade on staff 2 was always strange to me. It was a pretty heavy-handed nerf that came at a time when druid was already weak from previous nerfs. I get toning it down in PvP, but removing the evade from PvE just doesn't make sense. I always thought a better way to handle it would have been to just increase the cooldown in PvP.