Please rebalance the Zhaitaffy gobbler

It's probably balanced around acquisition and not what players decide it to be on the TP and the fact that it also has a chance to give coffers that sell for 25 silver. Dropping the cost would give those who buy it a big advantage until they crash the coffer price on the TP.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Hoping something is done to improve Candy Corn Gobbler.

Be careful what you wish for ...

They'll probably make it start giving the same buff. Cost X candy corn and have a chance of giving a ToT bag.

Oh and for anyone who already owns it? Probably "tough luck, you've benefited from it for more than X amount of time so no refund". I guess we'll see in a few months.

yes please bring the costs of this to the same as the snowflake gobbler, with what I have used it for I just honestly can not see how Anet have justified how much more expensive it is. Sure you get the dragon coffers when you use it (not very often) and tbh what you get out of the coffers is really not worth the extra cost. Yes I know you can get that super rare item but lets be honest here you have a snowflakes chance in hell of getting that item. 5 times the cost is ridiculous. 5 Zhaitaffy just like the snowflake gobbler as there is nothing more and nothing less that you get different from that. But I really can't see this changing mainly because the cost that Anet have given it they believe that it is a reasonable cost even if we do disagree with it.

Let me get this out of the way, given that the price of the coffers at the moment is priced at 21.97s which is lower than the price of 25 pieces of zhaitaffy (0.88c x25=22s total sell price), no one in the right mind would bother to exchange zhaitaffies for coffers via the gobbler.

This means everyone that bought the gobbler only bought it for the buff it provides. The deliberate change from being able to have multiple and separate Festival Gobbler Boosts active depending on the different gobblers used as seen on the release day it came out to only being able to stack in duration of a single Festival Gobbler Boost a day later was disappointing.

Not to mention the amount of zhaitaffies needed for each Festival Gobbler Boost cost five times more than the snowflake gobbler is outrageous. We're talking about 48g (22s sell price per buff x4 to get to an hour x24 hours) for a one day buff from the zhaitaffy gobbler vs 6g (1.25s sell price x5 x4 x24 ) for the same duration (24hr) .

The zhaitaffy gobbler is eight times more expensive than the snowflake gobbler at the moment.

Unless Anet changes the Festival Gobbler Boost to stack separately AND lower the cost of the zhaitaffy gobbler to something that a lot more sane and in line with the other festival gobblers like 5 zhaitaffies I guarantee you most people will refund this including myself.

• Confused 1

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's probably balanced around acquisition and not what players decide it to be on the TP and the fact that it also has a chance to give coffers that sell for 25 silver. Dropping the cost would give those who buy it a big advantage until they crash the coffer price on the TP.

It sounds like Dragon Coffers is just a problem as a whole in regards to RNG and loot.

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...

If it's balanced by acquisition, than why are snowflakes so much cheaper than zhaitaffy in almost any time of the year? Almost like prices in the TP is effected by actual acquisition. There are lots of examples as to them basing it on some kind of player value.

Anet needs to stop determining value on release and consider how they released similar things in other releases. The Hatched Chili being 60 Gold coins comes to mind. The biggest example is Gift of Fortune versus Mystic Tribute.

• Confused 1