Do you care about the score?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ubi.4136 said:Score at this point is something blobs manipulate (via not-ppt'ing) so they can stay in lower tiers to fight doors and outnumbered servers. They need to remove all scoring except points per kill. Force the bigger servers to face each other or feed outnumbered servers loot and kills.So how would this new PPK ranking system work out?

Atm we see servers that take all sorts of fights, even if its not a guaranteed win, even if they are heavily outnumbered when defending a keep -> they get many PPK, but also give a lot to the enemy

another server does fight picking, ganking, and guild stacking -> that server gives only few PPK to the enemy, but also doesnt get much, since they pick fights, refuse to fight for objectives, refuse to fight when not with superior numbers of guild players etc.

So I guess we would rather have to sort by K/D then? Since a high K/D is the indicator for fight picking, ganking, and guild stacking.

But after matching those servers into the same tier . . . these ppl will soon transfer for easy lewt :#

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"Jeydra.4386" said:Yes, and my experience is people who say they don't care about the score actually care about the score. That's why if they log on to see they've been wiped off the map they log off quickly too (I clearly remember this happened to SoR in season 1 of WvW), if a T3 objective gets attacked they will come to defend instead of fight whoever is in front of them, etc.

Yep. There are many on these forums that talk about how winning doesn't matter.... then incessantly talks about it.

No disrespect intended to either of you.

For some reason...your comments made me think about this movie scene.

Without the proper Match-up mechanics...scores can become meaningless in regards to their designed purpose...imho

Fight Club: The First Rule of Fight Club 1999