[6.9.2020] Autotarget Not Autotargeting

@Leamas.5803 said:It seems that they very much tightened the FOV for autotargetting. I can make it work, but all targets basically have to be right in the middle of the screen within only about 30 degrees of deviation off center. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

That seems more or less the case, although even when lined up in such a way, if your character isn't facing the proposed target it seems unlikely to function as previously known.

Something clearly has been changed, either intentionally or not, but it would've great if that could be taken care of. Daredevil Staff 2 is, uh, interesting. When doing a few Strikes, even within auto-attack range, sometime Staff 2 would still dive away from the boss target and go after an add-on.

Yup, happened to me often before as well. Another issue with targeting is that when I press tab it refuses to target the the nearest thing and usually instead of the damn boss it targets something else further away (noticed that at first during last year's Boss Blitz) or doesn't target at all. The latter happens almost every time in raids which is quite annoying since the boss flies out of my target a lot.The targeting system surely needs an overhaul.

@Memoranda.9386 said:

@Leamas.5803 said:It seems that they very much tightened the FOV for autotargetting. I can make it work, but all targets basically have to be right in the middle of the screen within only about 30 degrees of deviation off center. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

That seems more or less the case, although even when lined up in such a way, if your character isn't facing the proposed target it seems unlikely to function as previously known.

Something clearly has been changed, either intentionally or not, but it would've great if that could be taken care of. Daredevil Staff 2 is, uh, interesting. When doing a few Strikes, even within auto-attack range, sometime Staff 2 would still dive away from the boss target and go after an add-on.

I just noticed Reaper skill #2 seems to miss the intended target as well. I just fly right on through, even when there's only a single target.

@Memoranda.9386 said:

Bug Fixes:Fixed some issues with autotargeting

Report back after testing to see if some or all of the issues have been corrected. I personally won't be able to check for several more hours.

Definitely working better than it was. FOV seems to be more or less back to normal and my Reaper #2 actually landed the target. So early indicators are hopeful.

@Leamas.5803 said:

Bug Fixes:Fixed some issues with autotargeting

Report back after testing to see if some or all of the issues have been corrected. I personally won't be able to check for several more hours.

Definitely working better than it was. FOV seems to be more or less back to normal and my Reaper #2 actually landed the target. So early indicators are hopeful.

Can confirm autoattacking, promoting target etc are a bit more accurate and responsive. I do think the programming has a few algorithms its goes through about which target is closest vs which target is in the center of the screen at that time when we attack so it juggles those requirements.

After playing CMs/T4s, as well as some overworld PvE, the patch had a drastic effect on targeting.

My thoughts:

-Tab targeting seemed a bit wonky still, but unsure if that's just me at this point.

-Can once again use skill 1 to re-target like the true baddie I am.

-Daredevil Staff 2 no longer targets the furthest valid target away from you, similar to that, Guard Greatsword leap doesn't carry you to your death off nearby ledges.

-Didn't target an ally I didn't try to select.

That's all I can think of right now. Definitely a solid improvement.

Most players' issues seem to be resolved with the patch that was released not too long ago

If you are continuing to have problems with Auto-Target ensure that you have the box checked for the relevant settings. If your settings are correct, please leave the symptoms of your issue, with descriptions of how the system is not working for you.

• 11 months later...

Not only 'autotarget' is broken but the target itself in this game is the shittiest I have ever seen in my life,
and to make matters worse, you have a shortcut for nearest enemy/next enemy but the only thing you target is friendly people, and when you are running WvW this is infuriating!

Add the fact that when you cap a fort, the action cam is reverted to normal in the middle of a fight,
whoever make that stupid decision without even adding on any patch note must never ever played WvW before.

And for PVE, target is totally broken, doing fractal become a war against targeting the enemies, you keep losing target of whoever you want to kill, if the idea is to kill action cam, GOOD JOB, you are doing a EXCELLENT JOB!

The people deciding stuff are the ones WHO NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!
Is this an attempt to force normal cam down on our throats?

Edited by kanemi.4903
  • Thanks 1