remastered eternal battleground

@"Samug.6512" said:I'd like any meaningful changes tbh.

The word "meaningful" is the key word here, because no change is till better than a bad change.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Remove smc castle and leave the walls and gates, empty middle cept for ring, lag gone!

Take the entire thing out. Make it a flat, featureless plain for the fight guilds to do their thing on.

Actually would prefer if they took out ruins in the borderlands to do that instead, one giant colosseum.In fact something like that actually already was in the Borderlands when the GW2 was launched - there was an island in the lake inhabitated with Kraits. If I remember correctly, there was an event when you kill all the Kraits, a Quaggan warriors will come to your Keep gates to help defend it, similar like EBG event NPCs helping defend Camps. There were some good big battles between zergs over winning that event.

//edit: forgot to say ruins didnt existed at that time, there was a big lake in the middle of the Borderlands map.

@Faenar.8036 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Actually would prefer if they took out ruins in the borderlands to do that instead, one giant colosseum.In fact something like that actually already was in the Borderlands when the GW2 was launched - there was an island in the lake inhabitated with Kraits. If I remember correctly, there was an event when you kill all the Kraits, a Quaggan warriors will come to your Keep gates to help defend it, similar like EBG event NPCs helping defend Camps. There were some good big battles between zergs over winning that event.

Yes, although I don't remember that many battles happening over it, I do remember fighting on the island a few times and collecting pearls. Too bad the skritt and centaur areas are wasted space, when they should have been used like the dredge/ogres/frog areas too.

They should just move all the bloodlust power over to camps which give +5 all stats for each one(x6 camps per borderland), roamers will definitely be more important then. Then in the middle put the colosseum(no gates) and in the middle of that maybe put a half pyramid type build (like earth keep and with watchtower in the area) where you need like 30 people in the ring on top to capture which gives I dunno +100 ppt every cap every 5 mins. Limitations of 30 people so that the event is not constantly triggered by roamers, and needs to be recapped actively every 5 mins with no passive tick.

But yeah, anyways, not like any ideas like that will be considered.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Actually would prefer if they took out ruins in the borderlands to do that instead, one giant colosseum.In fact something like that actually already was in the Borderlands when the GW2 was launched - there was an island in the lake inhabitated with Kraits. If I remember correctly, there was an event when you kill all the Kraits, a Quaggan warriors will come to your Keep gates to help defend it, similar like EBG event NPCs helping defend Camps. There were some good big battles between zergs over winning that event.

Yes, although I don't remember that many battles happening over it, I do remember fighting on the island a few times and collecting pearls. Too bad the skritt and centaur areas are wasted space, when they should have been used like the dredge/ogres/frog areas too.

They should just move all the bloodlust power over to camps which give +5 all stats for each one(x6 camps per borderland), roamers will definitely be more important then. Then in the middle put the colosseum(no gates) and in the middle of that maybe put a half pyramid type build (like earth keep and with watchtower in the area) where you need like 30 people in the ring on top to capture which gives I dunno +100 ppt every cap every 5 mins. Limitations of 30 people so that the event is not constantly triggered by roamers, and needs to be recapped actively every 5 mins with no passive tick.

The original event (minus the damn lag inducing laser) in Desert was fairly good. As it led to significant damage to structures. If they could do an event like that, without the laser (but still manage the damage) it could be beneficial.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

The original event (minus the kitten lag inducing laser) in Desert was fairly good. As it led to significant damage to structures. If they could do an event like that, without the laser (but still manage the damage) it could be beneficial.No, it really wasnt because it was so easily abused you could finish it in seconds. It was a terrible event that did so much damage on every enemy door it completely ruined the idea of defense and delay by scouting, because you couldnt defend at all against a zerg that came in like clockwork every cd. There wasnt any time to bring in your own zerg in response, you had to already be there and no one wanted to be there, just waiting.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

The original event (minus the kitten lag inducing laser) in Desert was fairly good. As it led to significant damage to structures. If they could do an event like that, without the laser (but still manage the damage) it could be beneficial.No, it really wasnt because it was so easily abused you could finish it in seconds. It was a terrible event that did so much damage on every enemy door it completely ruined the idea of defense and delay by scouting, because you couldnt defend at all against a zerg that came in like clockwork every cd. There wasnt any time to bring in your own zerg in response, you had to already be there and no one wanted to be there, just waiting.

That's what Anet wanted, game is ment to reward players for low effort, reason balance for pvp gamemodes was always a impossible job for the dev's working on it(its stiull is cause of the way previous classes were developed to carry, DH, druid, chrono are lost specs cause of that, they were broken designs when they become more balanced they stoped working cause no longer carry, and new specs do what those classes were supose to do better).

The DBL was removed cause was causing huge lag in game mostly.But funny thing is, Anet devs didnt liked to get picked up by those overperfing skills, they always bailed out of the match or politelly ask for stop pk, i guess same logic can be aplyed to wvw, look at paper tower for example, blobs always go after that cause they know its impossible to defend with few due how easy its to get it, even t3 are easy to get, due how hard is to defend when compared with the atacking, strucutre were not ment to be defended just to make a feel of defense and recap, most matches in my server have beem just 1 sided towards us or the enemy depending the timezone but theres alway the big vs medium vs small effect, its not a trully batleground system just ktrain mechanic just like EOTM.

A remaster not sure why, but would imply new mechanics and new map, mostly a new map, a city with zones to capture with alarge keep would be great concept, the mechanics could come after the base being settled.The central keep could have corridors in a tower and floors design, Anet with the pve tower(i forgot the event name) proved that they can work well with interiors, to keep taking city main keep objectives that would divide the group rather than blob n pull/kill targets inside keeps or on walls(idiotic gameplay), one large group could have several objectives.

@Aeolus.3615 said:A remaster not sure why, but would imply new mechanics and new map, mostly a new map, a city with zones to capture with alarge keep would be great concept, the mechanics could come after the base being settled.The central keep could have corridors in a tower and floors design, Anet with the pve tower(i forgot the event name) proved that they can work well with interiors, to keep taking city main keep objectives that would divide the group rather than blob n pull/kill targets inside keeps or on walls(idiotic gameplay), one large group could have several objectives.Thats literally the exact opposite of what a remaster of an existing map imply.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Remove smc castle and leave the walls and gates, empty middle cept for ring, lag gone!

Take the entire thing out. Make it a flat, featureless plain for the fight guilds to do their thing on.

the guild vs guild arena already exist. it is in the obsidian sanctuary.

Yeah, but they will not use it cause no pips. They claim to be mighty fight guilds but won't go where the rewards are not. Odd.

I just want SMC razed to the ground and turned to glass mainly so I can hear Monkey literally have a stroke in team chat. Though it might be hard to tell the difference.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

the guild vs guild arena already exist. it is in the obsidian sanctuary.

If ANET would just create a 15v15 or 20v20 deathmatch map in sPvP, I think that would scratch the itch a lot of GvG players have. Sure it means using sPvP armor system and stat splits, but I would think that would be welcomed as a more balanced environment.

But what does the game get instead? 2v2 and 3v3 micro maps where only 4 builds are used.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:A remaster not sure why, but would imply new mechanics and new map, mostly a new map, a city with zones to capture with alarge keep would be great concept, the mechanics could come after the base being settled.The central keep could have corridors in a tower and floors design, Anet with the pve tower(i forgot the event name) proved that they can work well with interiors, to keep taking city main keep objectives that would divide the group rather than blob n pull/kill targets inside keeps or on walls(idiotic gameplay), one large group could have several objectives.Thats literally the exact opposite of what a remaster of an existing map imply.

I know its a rework basicly by put everythig new by using already existing assets xD