Is there any way of skipping the boring shite that is the living world "story" segments?

Archangel.3508

Unfortunately with elements like skyscales locked behind the story segments it is unavoidable to actually have to do the dull crap - if Arenanet finally disconnected the two and made all content available without the rubbish fluff and totally unlikeable characters it would be far better. I found the events with Scarlet so dull I avoided most of the Living World 1 crap... then I bought HoT and found myself saddled with a bunch of cunts... what the fuck? I skipped that shit for a reason.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Content wise it's a good game. Locking that content behind story is a kitten move.The NPC interactions are just MIND NUMBING to me.If they have the urge to force people to do something, they should force them into a tutorial to teach them about CC and other basics! Not story, that should have been optional from the start!

• Thanks 1

@Sylari.9814 said:Probably the one thing I miss from the base game. Those stupid cutscenes weren't great, but being able to skip them saved a lot of time for people who weren't into the story or were working on alternate characters.The official reason that you can't skip story content (especially cutscenes) is because due to the game's MMO nature, the server is using cutscenes from LS2 onward to set up the environment in the background without the player seeing.

This is why Personal Story was divided up into so many small missions, to get around that limitation.

In other words, if they remove the cutscenes, it won't actually make them go away, they'll just be replace with a loading screen.

That's fair, I suppose. I just know the "wait for the NPCs to finish talking so the next objective spawns" mechanics can be really frustrating for some people, especially on alternate characters when you're just trying to unlock something again.

• Like 1

I like the story, but there should be an option to skip dialogs and walks faster. When I'm playing the same story for the second time for achievements or unlocking it on other characters I need the ability to skip stuff. Some missions allow this, some don't.

While I can understand that there may some stuff going on in the background that takes time, I find it hard to imagine that in most case it takes the full time that some of the characters jabber on for. So add something like 'Can skip in 10 seconds', with a countdown and inactive skip button that becomes active to allow these background tasks time to complete (adjust time as necessary) - it can't make things any slower.