Have the pro's tested P/D Sinister Thief?

Pistol/dagger is mostly used for dealing condisBest way for condis are vipers gear but repeater also deals high power dmgWith sinister gear you are somehow making a hybird thief? It sounds fun tbhYou may would like to consider using DE bec the power boost from malice for pistol's stealth attack is nice and also deals good amount of bleading on targetBut with out expertise ur condi duration is too low and then its like u are wasting your condi statsAnd pistol's auto attack doesnt really cover up the dmgBut i nvr tried this build so i wont judge itI just veiwed it on my perspective. It actually seems a fun build to playWould be cool if someone tried this out and gave us the results

Power is higher on a set of Viper gear anyways. And you get the duration too. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations#Attribute_bonuses_at_level_80In short encounters where you can quickly load conditions, yes, sinister may feel bursty because the higher condi dmg will cause higher ticks for the first 4 or 5 seconds. But for extended fights I don't obviously see how it can pull ahead of viper without some external source to cap duration. You can plug into gw2skills to see the exact numbers, but at a glance, viper's appears to be the clear winner.

Kitty knows one guy who plays it but that guy's a thief god and he gives mirages a good run for the dps at Largos but other than that, it's pretty much "don't even try" - tier as that port can get you killed easily. M7 Viper's deadeye with Afflicted runes works best for it. For simplified version, it's possible to use main-hand only pistol build which also has Repeater without flip skill and that one's very easy and extremely effective if you gotta move a lot.Here's an recent example of main-hand only:

Thanks for all the links and replies!

I don't have meters or anything, just what I seem to experience on my own.

However, it seems most people agree with Snow that Power Rifle or DD is the way to go. I have a full ascended/legend rifle and satff set for my thief. Was just trying some new builds out and noticed that D/D and P/D condi with a hybrid setup for the power hits seems to melt quick fights.

But yes, without meters I can't be sure on the long fights like Strikes and raids.

Just a recently returning player trying to mess around :P

Thanks for all of the info guys!

Wait what ?Repeater triggers Deadly Ambition ???Edit ... nevermind, no.

Edit(2). If you wanna try, > @"LadyKitty.6120" you can play SB/SB daredevilYou spam #4 (combo field) + dodges (finisher), you swap weapon to refull endurance and initiative. I'm pretty sure you'll get a better DPS than deadeye pistol/∅ ; I've tried it before the nerf of the Daze on #4, it's more an open-world build, but for the joke I reached top3 dps in strike (don't remember the number)

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Wait what ?Repeater triggers Deadly Ambition ???Edit ... nevermind, no.

P/D's Repeater does, Pistol-only's doesn't.Edit(2). If you wanna try, > @"LadyKitty.6120" you can play SB/SB daredevilYou spam #4 (combo field) + dodges (finisher), you swap weapon to refull endurance and initiative. I'm pretty sure you'll get a better DPS than deadeye pistol/∅ ; I've tried it before the nerf of the Daze on #4, it's more an open-world build, but for the joke I reached top3 dps in strike (don't remember the number)Kitty benched shortbow DE (which is very likely superior) a year ago and it was 10% inferior to pistol-only. Both got shafted by Deadly Ambition nerf.And Kitty has in fact raided on condi shortbow DD for memes, but ofc it got shafted too. If you want to see it over a year ago, search for "shortbow daredevil raid" on youtube and vids should be pretty high. When it comes to skill use in instanced content, Cluster Bomb spam likely pulls ahead due to better initiative management and also condi damage and less autoattacking, though Pulmonary Impacts compensate a bit on Choking Gas.

And to be honest, how high you were in strike's dps list doesn't really mean anything about how well the build performs. What matters is the dps number you have. For ex. Kitty's usually top dps in strikes with at least 15k dps on Boneskinner even if she plays builds that bench 21k while she'd bench 34-35k on some metabuilds. At worst, Kitty's been close to top dps on condi core necro which is worse than a bad meme. <.<

@Luclinraider.2317 said:Im trying it out for PvE and my dps seems through the roof.

I was just wondering if it has been tested or not against DD and DE.

The Power and Crit for the 3 spam after the inital 3 along with the high condi damage. I am just melting stuff.

You dont need a dps meter to compare builds. There is a golem in the aerodrome which tells you the dps you do to it. Meta builds do 34-40k dps while im pretty sure that your open world build hits for less than 10k. You need duration for condi builds and right sigils, traits and runes.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Wait what ?Repeater triggers Deadly Ambition ???Edit ... nevermind, no.

P/D's Repeater does, Pistol-only's doesn't.Edit(2). If you wanna try, > @LadyKitty.6120 you can play
You spam #4 (combo field) + dodges (finisher), you swap weapon to refull endurance and initiative. I'm pretty sure you'll get a better DPS than deadeye pistol/∅ ; I've tried it before the nerf of the Daze on #4, it's more an open-world build, but for the joke I reached top3 dps in strike (don't remember the number)Kitty benched shortbow DE (which is very likely superior) a year ago and it was 10% inferior to pistol-only. Both got shafted by Deadly Ambition nerf.And Kitty has in fact raided on condi shortbow DD for memes, but ofc it got shafted too. If you want to see it over a year ago, search for "shortbow daredevil raid" on youtube and vids should be pretty high. When it comes to skill use in instanced content, Cluster Bomb spam likely pulls ahead due to better initiative management and also condi damage and less autoattacking, though Pulmonary Impacts compensate a bit on Choking Gas.

And to be honest, how high you were in strike's dps list doesn't really mean anything about how well the build performs. What matters is the dps number you have. For ex. Kitty's usually top dps in strikes with at least 15k dps on Boneskinner even if she plays builds that bench 21k while she'd bench 34-35k on some metabuilds. At worst, Kitty's been close to top dps on condi core necro which is worse than a bad meme. <.<

Cluster Bomb is the same initiative (4) than schoking gaz. + you forgot Impaling Lotus which is a main composant of the build; it deals tourment, bleeding +3 poison ( in a poison field) (or, burning or confusion, or worst if you place yourself in a symbol or whatever) + you always have +10% Condition Damage = higher dps overtime with less initiative and if you manage endurance with healing skill and sigil.