Need tips to maximize mastery exp gain..

So I'm in a stage where I had completed PoF maps to craft legendary, only to realize there's a huge annoying time gated item as the main component, Funerary Incense. Feeling defeated, I try to find a solution.

So, being never touched any HoT content except HP run, because I loathe vertical map, and Jungle theme, I braced myself and stomach through everything. I got my full gifts for each map and standing between me and my first gen 2 legendary is....

HoT masteries. Since I've never touch HoT, my mastery lvl is at absolute worst. 2/3/4/2. I need 6/6/6/6 (perhaps). I've done DS meta 3x now (for crystalline ores) but the exp bar is still 60%!

Did a research and found a very old post saying that I can stack exp boosts.

Can anyone inform me which boosts are best to stack the exp gain? I will get them all I don't care.

Also is it true AB meta gives better exp than DS? Can I grind AB meta couple of times daily and still give the same amount of exp?

Thank you for those reading

Tldr: which items can one use to stack exp to the max?

Thank you

I did my HoT full mastery (except raids which I don't play so that ones aren't even visible to me) without grind. And for some people they were supposed to be grindy. Just doing story and story + map achievements already had me spent a lot of time in the maps where I also tried to do the meta if possible. Gave lots of exp. I finished in Season 3 when there I did story + all map achievements and the S3 masteries were pretty easy so a lot of leftover exp went to remaining HoT masteries.

And I didn't even use any boosters at all. I guess meta events (especially last steps) are what gives the most. In Auric Basin the defending of Tarir more than 100k exp I think for for finishing last event without pre event ones. And the Tangled Depths Chak Gerent also good amount. (Waiting after killing your lane until the cannons fire to get the big last exp stuff and rewards.)

If you want to do it at a decent pace I find that while I’m farming berries in season 3 episode 3 that the map meta pops quite a bit. You constantly can defend braziers and then during the meta there are a ton of champs that you kill back to back.

Maybe additional HP runs would be good too, idk.

Although you are looking for EXP via kills, there is a method that rewards large chunks of Mastery EXP in both HoT and PoF. Adventures (check the daily rewards)

Those mini-games have a questionable reputation in the game, many players hate or ignore them straight. But they reward a lot of EXP in very short time. This made leveling my Mount Masteries in PoF a walk in the park. It can be an option if you have limited time to play. Just pick those Adventures you enjoy/are good at and do them like "dailies" and you have your Masteries done in no time.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Although you are looking for EXP via kills, there is a method that rewards large chunks of Mastery EXP in both HoT and PoF. Adventures (check the daily rewards)

Those mini-games have a questionable reputation in the game, many players hate or ignore them straight. But they reward a lot of EXP in very short time. This made leveling my Mount Masteries in PoF a walk in the park. It can be an option if you have limited time to play. Just pick those Adventures you enjoy/are good at and do them like "dailies" and you have your Masteries done in no time.

I had never even considered adventures. Will try that for grinding out the LS5 masteries. Thanks!

I know what you're going through. Just be glad there are multiple ways to craft each Legendary. The "Gift of Desert/Maguuma" Mastery used to be exclusive to when the Legendary came out.

I was working on the Central Tyria track before I realized I needed a bunch more for Legendary Crafting that I had spent on Fractal Attunement (which I would rarely use).

I found the hardest/longest part to be the Gift of Battle in WvW. Now, even before I'm thinking about crafting my next shiny Legendary, I'm gathering those things that take the most time. Now, I have a "spare" Gift of Battle, half the crystalline ingots I need, and I'm slowly storing 30,000+ Elder Logs/Mithril ore for the next one.

The experience will come as you gather everything you need. Maintain consumable Experience Boosters, take advantage of events that maximize track participation, and you'll have what you need in ... 2-3 years. :o