Capes on Charr — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Capes on Charr

I’ve noticed that when you put a cape on a Charr, it bends in the middle rather than falling flat on the Charr’s back. Is this normal or a bug?

Comments

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Think it's an unfortunate compromise to avoid clipping with thier curved skeleton.
    All capes kinda hover off the back a little but it's more noticable on charr thanks to the shape of their backs.

• @Teratus.2859 said:
    Think it's an unfortunate compromise to avoid clipping with thier curved skeleton.
    All capes kinda hover off the back a little but it's more noticable on charr thanks to the shape of their backs.

Oh well, hopefully I’ll get used to it

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Draenei males in wow have a similar problem, the cape curving outwards because of their massive tails

• Weindrasi.3805Weindrasi.3805 Member ✭✭✭

I feel like they could modify the cape on charr backs to make it look a little more natural. Frankly, I'd prefer a compromise--accept a little bit of clipping to reduce the floating. A little bit of clip and a little bit of float looks better then TONS of float for no clip or TONS of clip for no float.

• Rukia.4802Rukia.4802 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Draenei males in wow have a similar problem, the cape curving outwards because of their massive tails

It happens on the female draenei too, but what really made them unplayable for me was the goat hooves -_-

2/3 accounts forum banned
    Fix hide party/squad nameplate
    Add particle effect slider/ability to turn friendly player effects off

• Metasynaptic.1093Metasynaptic.1093 Member ✭✭✭

The guild Cape on my charr Ranger looks like he turned his napkin around.

• FrostSpectre.4198FrostSpectre.4198 Member ✭✭✭

Its rather sad that the capes aren't like in GW1, a fully free jiglebone.

• @FrostSpectre.4198 said:

Did that look glitchy?

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

@FrostSpectre.4198 said:

Did that look glitchy?

Oh yeah, very glitchy, especially if you strafed the cape would just slice through your body.

See this for a quick example, from WoodenPotatoes recent Cantha run, the cape clips constantly through his armour:

• @Pifil.5193 said:

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

@FrostSpectre.4198 said:

Did that look glitchy?

Oh yeah, very glitchy, especially if you strafed the cape would just slice through your body.

See this for a quick example, from WoodenPotatoes recent Cantha run, the cape clips constantly through his armour:

Mmm, don’t like that