The wvw mount was slowed down way too much

aandiarie.7195

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

Assaulting innocent people who doesnt have the minimum interest in fighting it's not a playstyle, it's a bully behaviour.

Holy F. The lefty propaganda did a number on you.It's a PVP mode in a video game, the whole point of it is to "assault" other players.Kumbaya.

I've played lots of mmorpgs, and met people who played exclusively druids or priest without the need to "attack" somebody.GW2 offers an alternative to kill to win, look at this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/30x596/playing_as_a_pacifist_what_have_i_learnt/

Looks like the warclaw speed is highly inverse correlated to the forum noise Lvl of gankers that saw not only saw their victims riding away, but get also chased to death with their running classes by the cavalry.

A pity that ANet Listen to them when they listen to the forum.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

Assaulting innocent people who doesnt have the minimum interest in fighting it's not a playstyle, it's a bully behaviour.

Holy F. The lefty propaganda did a number on you.It's a PVP mode in a video game, the whole point of it is to "assault" other players.Kumbaya.

I've played lots of mmorpgs, and met people who played exclusively druids or priest without the need to "attack" somebody.
GW2 offers an alternative to kill to win, look at this thread:

Which doesn’t change the fact that you walked into a digital war ground without immunity.

So.. Let’s put a giant Red Cross on your chest and make you immune to damage. Of course it also means you can’t heal nor Rez until 90% of your group is double downed. Then all you would be allowed to do is heal them enough so that the enemy can take them prisoner.

In this digital battlefield, you absolutely can choose not to fight. And it also means that there is NOTHING about your toon that signifies that. So, as soon as you leave an immune area (spawn) like most supply lines, you are more than a fair target, because, you see, you are capable of prolonging the lives of others’ enemies.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

I've played lots of mmorpgs, and met people who played exclusively druids or priest without the need to "attack" somebody.

Which doesn’t change the fact that you walked into a digital war ground without immunity.

So.. Let’s put a giant Red Cross on your chest and make you immune to damage. Of course it also means you can’t heal nor Rez until 90% of your group is double downed. Then all you would be allowed to do is heal them enough so that the enemy can take them prisoner.

In this digital battlefield, you absolutely can choose not to fight. And it also means that there is NOTHING about your toon that signifies that. So, as soon as you leave an immune area (spawn) like most supply lines, you are more than a fair target, because, you see, you are capable of prolonging the lives of others’ enemies.

I'm not saying that you cant be hit in the battlefield, I just defend the mount as an option to skip useless fights.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

I'm not saying that you cant be hit in the battlefield, I just defend the mount as an option to skip useless fights.

No, you were given a gift. And now that the gift only is worth 75% of its original value, you are complaining about said gift not being worth enough.

Again, if 10k + extra health, two extra dishes and CC immunity isn’t enough for you to get back to your blob, then maybe this mode isn’t for you or you need to get better.

Haven’t you thought about it the other way around? I personally feel like I can abuse players with Warclaw. As core Mesmer or Chrono I can play full glass cannon and basically use every damn skill I have. If the enemy is not dead I stealth myself use my 1200m port and will be out of fight before some of these guys even noticed I’m away. There is no way you can catch me if I use my Warclaw after that, no counterplay, nothing. And since the enemy’s Warclaw is as fast as mine I will always maintain the distance expect if they save their port the whole fight till i port away.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

No, you were given a gift. And now that the gift
only
is worth 75% of its original value, you are complaining about said gift not being worth enough.

Again, if 10k + extra health, two extra dishes and CC immunity isn’t enough for you to get back to your blob, then maybe this mode isn’t for you or you need to get better.

Mounts were implemented for covering the new giant map Desert Borderlands, not a gift...

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

No, you were given a gift. And now that the gift
only
is worth 75% of its original value, you are complaining about said gift not being worth enough.

Mounts were implemented for covering the new giant map Desert Borderlands, not a gift...

You are joking right? Or just trolling now?

If trolling, then slow clap

If joking you need to keep to your day job.

Mounts were implemented YEARS after DBL.

They were implemented to sell skins and to appease the people who can’t run a different build them their ‘I can only follow a commander because easy mode’

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

How is it a useless fight if it means giving someone's side a strategic advantage? You're a support, your job is to keep your dps classes alive, prolonging a fight or buffing them to kill enemies faster. You're presumably an important part of your servers team, so keeping you from getting back to them is a very useful thing to do for your enemies. You being able to skip fights because of an overpowered mount is a problem that needs to be removed.

And as someone already said, the DBL was in game years before the mount and we got along fine in it. We can again with the mount either removed or nerfed to the point of being irrelevant.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

How is it a useless fight if it means giving someone's side a strategic advantage? You're a support, your job is to keep your dps classes alive, prolonging a fight or buffing them to kill enemies faster. You're presumably an important part of your servers team, so keeping you from getting back to them is a very useful thing to do for your enemies. You being able to skip fights because of an overpowered mount is a problem that needs to be removed.

And as someone already said, the DBL was in game years before the mount and we got along fine in it. We can again with the mount either removed or nerfed to the point of being irrelevant.

Lets be realistic, gankers that are waiting people to go alone to assault them like a predator dont even care about the strategy and the impact of their server, dont so naive. Gankers just enjoy abusing people who are newbies or classes that cannot defend themselves. And the n1 were the oneshot deadyes before the patch. Mounts were the only hope for their "victims".

@frareanselm.1925 said:There's people in wvw which role is to heal his group, or provide support to the zerg, and are not interested in fighting every rat-kids that buff their ego ganking people.

I have never seen anyone I thought was actually good at playing a support role say this.

Partly because if they're getting wiped, like half a dozen players will be joining them at spawn in the next 20 seconds anyway.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

Lets be realistic, gankers that are waiting people to go alone to assault them like a predator dont even care about the strategy and the impact of their server, dont so naive. Gankers just enjoy abusing people who are newbies or classes that cannot defend themselves. And the n1 were the oneshot deadyes before the patch. Mounts were the only hope for their "victims".

If we're being realistic, then let's call this spade a spade. You spent this entire time bashing 'gankers' as literal abusers when you're just too bad to deal with them, so you have to rely on an OP mount to take care of you. You're not only the one being extremely naive, but just dismiss a legitimate strategy as abusive behavior because you're not good enough or smart enough to bring people to protect you, or a build to fight them off.

You're also bashing people who die to them as if they NEED an OP mount to save them and not their own abilities. Shameful behavior on your part.

What you also don't seem to realize is that mounts let extremely dangerous builds that would normally not be able to fight as effectively because they invest in mobility now pack as much killing, or 'ganking', power as they want because the mount covers it and you still can't get away from them. Congrats, that reaper that couldn't keep up before to kill you can now chase you down with all the stopping power they wanted because the mount is just that OP. Like outrunning that condi rev? Nope, he's on mount, same with the warrior and burn guard. And the thief will just chase you to dismount while the rest of them catch up because they're still mounted. You're quite literally giving 'gankers' the best possible tool to gank with.

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

If we're being realistic, then let's call this spade a spade. You spent this entire time bashing 'gankers' as literal abusers when you're just too bad to deal with them, so you have to rely on an OP mount to take care of you. You're not only the one being extremely naive, but just dismiss a legitimate strategy as abusive behavior because you're not good enough or smart enough to bring people to protect you, or a build to fight them off.

You're also bashing people who die to them as if they NEED an OP mount to save them and not their own abilities. Shameful behavior on your part.

What you also don't seem to realize is that mounts let extremely dangerous builds that would normally not be able to fight as effectively because they invest in mobility now pack as much killing, or 'ganking', power as they want because the mount covers it and you still can't get away from them. Congrats, that reaper that couldn't keep up before to kill you can now chase you down with all the stopping power they wanted because the mount is just that OP. Like outrunning that condi rev? Nope, he's on mount, same with the warrior and burn guard. And the thief will just chase you to dismount while the rest of them catch up because they're still mounted. You're quite literally giving 'gankers' the best possible tool to gank with.But you're giving everyone the same tool so in the end we just slap our spades together.

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

What you also don't seem to realize is that mounts let extremely dangerous builds that would normally not be able to fight as effectively because they invest in mobility now pack as much killing, or 'ganking', power as they want because the mount covers it and you still can't get away from them. Congrats, that reaper that couldn't keep up before to kill you can now chase you down with all the stopping power they wanted because the mount is just that OP. Like outrunning that condi rev? Nope, he's on mount, same with the warrior and burn guard. And the thief will just chase you to dismount while the rest of them catch up because they're still mounted. You're quite literally giving 'gankers' the best possible tool to gank with.

According to you only those who aren't "good enough or smart enough" are who dies vs gankers, lol. There are very few classes and builds that can resist or win a 1v1 vs a oneshot thief.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"hobotnicax.7918" said:

According to you only those who aren't "good enough or smart enough" are who dies vs gankers, lol. There are very few classes and builds that can resist or win a 1v1 vs a oneshot thief.

One shot thief has to put all their eggs into one basket. CC, burst, and either they die because they're paper thin, or they run. Bring a build to fight with until you get to your group, otherwise don't be surprised when you get picked off as an easy target that can't resist.

mount is still broken af, i hated it when it was releasing and im still hating it even after nerfs. as long as its in the game im gonna abuse the shit out if like other people already said: lance, cc immunity, dodges, sometimes stomps, speed and extra hp... and one other thing not many people know about

Alot of us "pro boys" that play alot in the top tier were dissappointed it was slowed down this much, it's so slow in comparisson to other movement, that it gives the false impression of you lagging heavily (not a good design).

Im guessing the PvP'ers are the ones that wanted it slowed or removed from the wvw gamemode (coz their PvP builds arent usually built for fast moving great distances), they come in and play for 1hr, dont care about the score, and focus ganking random newbies that they ambush and logoff again. While ppl that actually play WvW and care about the points, actually want a functional mount.

@"kmfart.7480" said:Alot of us "pro boys" that play alot in the top tier were dissappointed it was slowed down this much, it's so slow in comparisson to other movement, that it gives the false impression of you lagging heavily (not a good design).

Im guessing the PvP'ers are the ones that wanted it slowed or removed from the wvw gamemode (coz their PvP builds arent usually built for fast moving great distances), they come in and play for 1hr, dont care about the score, and focus ganking random newbies that they ambush and logoff again. While ppl that actually play WvW and care about the points, actually want a functional mount.

Yikes, so since you care about the points I guess that means you're okay with half the zerg you just wiped at bay being back in literally 30seconds from garrison because thank you Mr. Warclaw. Warclaws made Alpine Borderlands pretty shitty. When a zerg gets defeated, they should have to regroup and retry, what you have now are infinite streams of players just constantly flocking back from garrison to bay/hills and you just have to keep fending them off until they get bored and log off or you run out of supply and they break into the keep.

Also, literally no WvW builds, except roaming ones, are built for fast moving great distances. Zerg SpB, FB, Necro, Burn Guard, etc., all have very low mobility and those "ganking PvP'ers" you clearly have no clue about, but still mention, do not play those builds. They play roaming builds, which already have mobility generally speaking, as they need to be able to disengage if a large group comes to them or if a fight goes sour. In fact, an unnerfed mount benefits gankers more because it makes it a lot easier to catch up to people that are in combat. Now, some of the classes with very good mobility, like warrs/thieves can actually flee from warclaws for extended periods of time until you reach a structure if you want to hide. idk what kind of "pro boys" you play with but if this is your collective opinion you sound more like WvW ktrainers that just want fast cycling between objectives than anything else.