Noob Looking for Friendly Guild

Kiaalta.7469

Howdy! I'm new to the game, and I can't find any English-speaking guilds through chat, so I figured I would look here. I am interested in doing PVE stuff only, I have a level 80 Ranger but I struggle to get through POF (currently stuck on one mission cuz I get one-shot).

I am NOT looking for carries or anything like that, and I am NOT interested in a guild I have to pay to join.

I am hoping to make some new friends and hopefully conquer new content, but I'm still learning how to play the game (dealing with certain enemy attacks, figuring out builds, figuring out how tf to get gear, all that jazz), so a newbie friendly guild would be ideal for me. I have Discord if that's helpful, I'm in the Ring of Fire (EUR) world, and I'm in the Central timezone (US). I would be more than willing to pay the kindness forward and help other new players once I get my bearings, but I do work full-time so I may not always be on.

Any suggestions for guilds would be lovely, thank you!

I agree with Howdy. It's odd that you're in CST timezone but you're playing in EU region xd
I don't think we'd be able to play with one another unless you transfer to NA region T_T
One good thing is that your first transfer is free if you have any of the expansion. If you can't transfer, you can hit support to do that for you as well.
I've a guild, but it's in NA. A lot of us are in CST too as well as PST.But if you have questions, feel free to hit me up, I'd be happy to show you around =D

@Hex.2579 said:I agree with Howdy. It's odd that you're in CST timezone but you're playing in EU region xd

I don't think we'd be able to play with one another unless you transfer to NA region T_T

One good thing is that your first transfer is free if you have any of the expansion. If you can't transfer, you can hit support to do that for you as well.

I've a guild, but it's in NA. A lot of us are in CST too as well as PST.But if you have questions, feel free to hit me up, I'd be happy to show you around =D

I chose the EU region because the people who got me into Guild Wars were EU, but they mostly do WVW and I'm not really friends with them as much. I have no complaints about swapping servers for a guild I like though! I am unsure of what server to swap to though, I don't know if I'd ever want to do WVW so I don't know how much it matters.

@"Kiaalta.7469" said:I chose the EU region because the people who got me into Guild Wars were EU, but they mostly do WVW and I'm not really friends with them as much. I have no complaints about swapping servers for a guild I like though! I am unsure of what server to swap to though, I don't know if I'd ever want to do WVW so I don't know how much it matters.Awh, that is very nice you do that! But a downside for a CST player to be playing in EU region is the higher ping, random lag spikes, and almost non English speaking map chats.

It's really hard to group up and do contents with when the language barrier is there, unless you speak a popular language in EU as well xD

WvW is like PvP on a large scale, with bigger maps, more players attending, etc. It's rewarding and people that play WvW swear by it.

If you don't care much about, or have no interest in WvW, servers don't matter at all. It's only taking effect when you enter WvW mode since we'll be split up into different servers and fight for our own server/world.

It's better to swap to a high popular server, just so in case you want to do WvW, you have people to do it with, instead of running into dead maps.

A bit of us are on SoS server, which I believe it's full at the moment. So rip.

Most NA guilds are free to join. I don't think there is any guild that requires any form of payment xd Some gold making guilds will have a referral system but that was it.

Here's our guild info: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41284/na-pvx-intense-pleasure-mmm-chill-guild-lfm-filthy-casuals-to-insomniacs-new-vet-all-welcome/p1