Anet and the impact of not following up on your word

K THEN.5162

@Aeolus.3615 said:Balance updates need to come faster, IMO thats the most critic aspec of changes, its not hard to spot when something is overperfoming or is being underwhelmed/overshadowed by other stuff cause they are the overkill way to do something.

Not only balance updates, but updates in general.

MMOs are ever evolving, and the moment an MMO fails to evolve fast enough through updates to sate the playerbase's appetite for progress, interest in the game wanes.

Anet however has managed what most MMOs couldn't have even dreamed to achieve : GUILD WARS 2 IS ACTUALLY DEVOLVING.

Just look at how many functional builds are there right now compared to 2 years ago.

Just look at how much of their content is being populated these days compared to when the content was first released.

Great example of this sort of devolution is just looking at HoT and PoF expansions.

HoT is years older than PoF now but people barely even do PoF content anymore, yet people still enjoy and love HoT content.

And then the massive nerfs, tradeoffs and 6 month balance patches.

Games tend to balance their games every few months but Anet has found a way to procrastinate on active balancing to thr point a massive meteor of a nerf is needed to reform the competitive modes.

Now it literally feels like stone age style fighting where people just see how hard they can stun each other until someone dies.

Anet dev team is amazing I tell yu, in the extremely wrong ways.

Maybe if anet stopped releasing pve nonsense every patch and actually put some effort on wvw / pvp instead of a day of living world content, game would be a thousand times better. They've even abandoned pve raids for strike missions.

All my hardcore friends and myself have basically retired now- it's a casual game for casual players, treat it as one and play 2 days a week for a couple of hours.

Oh yes still waiting for skill lag to get addressed, several people can hardly even play anymore

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Hello friend, I think you are underestimating how old this stuff really is.

For example:7dlltGZ.pngI47tQgS.pngConsidering that they are screenshots, those timestamps are probably 4 and 5 years old by now.

And instead of any population balance being made, we had gliding, watchtowers and mounts come out which all in my opinion, took away from the WvW experience than added to it

@K THEN.5162 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Hello friend, I think you are underestimating how old this stuff really is.

For example:
7dlltGZ.pngI47tQgS.png
Considering that they are screenshots, those timestamps are probably 4 and 5 years old by now.

And instead of any population balance being made, we had gliding, watchtowers and mounts come out which all in my opinion, took away from the WvW experience than added to it

Maybe ... but it's still true that this is so old that the relvance of those statements are in question. In fact, I would bet that anything that was said older than 2 years is not something you should bet on.

The sad truth is Anet's commitment to the WvW community is virtually 0. The Alliance system was the biggest backfire announcement ever, to the point I feel the Devs must flinch every time someone brings it up.

I've stopped playing for the time being, I miss my guild and my friends, particularly during this lockdown, but I find myself opening up the launcher, updating the game and just staring at that "Play" button for a 10 seconds before I close the launcher and do something else. Feels like that ex girlfriend's contact you haven't deleted off your phone (yet!) and you find yourself opening every now and again and feel that overwhelming sense of relief when you decide NOT to text/call.

@Obtena.7952 said:

For example:
7dlltGZ.pngI47tQgS.png
Considering that they are screenshots, those timestamps are probably 4 and 5 years old by now.

Maybe ... but it's still true that this is so old that the relvance of those statements are in question. In fact, I would bet that anything that was said older than 2 years is not something you should bet on.

Sure wish that worked on my mortgage company