Wyrm's breath cape - RNG component

They should, but they make more money by putting things into black lion chests because some people will spend far more on keys trying for an item and having bad luck than they ever would to buy it directly. That will only change when people stop buying keys, or when they're made illegal.

If you want it but you've spent all you're willing to on keys, or refuse to buy them at all, all you can do is collect free keys in-game and save up the statuettes so that when the cape is available that way you can buy it. Most likely it'll cost 60 statuettes, so it's not cheap but it is guaranteed. You could wait for it to be available by another method but there's no guarantee and it might be years before that happens.

I wanted the cape myself too but I already spent a whole day farming keys and only got 1 rare drop from them.. luckily that happend to be the mount skin which I also wanted but yeah.. i'm not going to keep doing that for the cape as well.. it was extremely tedious and boring.

@"Volmarg.4310" said:Even if I do understand that this is also source of generating income for them it's still annoying to change 60 keys to 0 capes.The drop rate is 0%.

Random is random. Whether you spend 60 or 6, it's still a random chance. I got it with 2 keys (I had 5 keys on me, but got it on the second one).

Anet loves their "sucker" boxes though. Get people to gamble away hundreds of dollars for that chance at a fancy new skin. Greed always triumphs accessibility. Why let people buy it for 500 gems (the current price of a cape) in the gem store when they can make you spend thousands of gems for it in a gamble box? Don't expect it to change.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I have it and I find it an eyesore to use.

I got this on a keyrunner and I think it looks pretty cool. However I was hoping that you could dye each of the 3 different jets that spew the fire. Instead, the 3 jets are one channel, and then they wasted the other 3 channels on tiny surfaces on the jet-spouts themselves. Wasted opportunity imo. So many cool colour(flag?) combinations possible!

Still, dying the one jet-channel gives you quit different results, like a sickly green mist with green dyes, or smoky swirls like the Smokescale with dark dyes. I am not really much of a fashionmonger but I can see how people would want this cape, you can really mix it up with just a single colour change.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Should've just made it 2k gems in the store....

There are a lot of players who spend a lot more than 25 Keys (~2000 Gems) to get these items. For anyone proclaiming they got lucky and got it in less, many more are lured in with the hopes of getting lucky as well, spending a lot more than a 2000 Gem/25 € upfront price point for just a cape, which would rightfully scare a lot of people off a purchase.

Hiding the price behind as many layers as possible (real money > gems > keys > chance/gambling) without becoming too contrived and confusing the consumer is unfortunately more profitable.

@"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:Anet loves their "sucker" boxes though. Get people to gamble away hundreds of dollars for that chance at a fancy new skin. Greed always triumphs accessibility. Why let people buy it for 500 gems (the current price of a cape) in the gem store when they can make you spend thousands of gems for it in a gamble box? Don't expect it to change.

Unfortunately exploiting sunk cost fallacy and gambling addiction in general remains insanely profitable in the gaming industry.Unless regulation comes into play, I don't see that changing either. People at large won't ever just cease to fall for it.