Dominion Forces combat really appreciated

Matt H.6142

As the title says. I’m finding it more engaging, and the right amount of challenging. Maybe because we are fighting a player race. I think the White Mantle offered a similar challenge.Pistol offloads, magnetic shields, protector shields, cc turrets. It’s a lot more to manage than usual, and again, it’s appreciated. The extra Elite mobs too giving a challenge while also not being CC immune all the time allows for some interrupt gameplay is great.I think this is the first Open world experience that’s made me rethink my builds. Like, smokescreen for thief felt like a must. And support builds are welcome in even the smallest of skirmishes. So kudos.Also, I’ll take this time to say I take back months-old comments about not having enough to do, I’ve had stuff to do every day since Forging Steel came out, including the metas for it and Whispers in the ice. 2020 has been a great year, in game at least.

@Matt H.6142 said:As the title says. I’m finding it more engaging, and the right amount of challenging. Maybe because we are fighting a player race. I think the White Mantle offered a similar challenge.Pistol offloads, magnetic shields, protector shields, cc turrets. It’s a lot more to manage than usual, and again, it’s appreciated. The extra Elite mobs too giving a challenge while also not being CC immune all the time allows for some interrupt gameplay is great.I think this is the first Open world experience that’s made me rethink my builds. Like, smokescreen for thief felt like a must. And support builds are welcome in even the smallest of skirmishes. So kudos.Also, I’ll take this time to say I take back months-old comments about not having enough to do, I’ve had stuff to do every day since Forging Steel came out, including the metas for it and Whispers in the ice. 2020 has been a great year, in game at least.

Now I gotta check that all my CDs are ready before charging into a group of veteran mobs :P It's refreshing to have open world enemies that keep you on your feet. But like you said, the fact that they're not all pumped with defiance bars is great and allows for some counter play when you're in a pinch. Unlike HoT mobs. Most of those buggers have defiance bars and random one shot skills that made them feel more broken than challenging. Drizzlewood's definitely gone in the right direction. :)

@Matt H.6142 said:As the title says. I’m finding it more engaging, and the right amount of challenging. Maybe because we are fighting a player race. I think the White Mantle offered a similar challenge.Pistol offloads, magnetic shields, protector shields, cc turrets. It’s a lot more to manage than usual, and again, it’s appreciated. The extra Elite mobs too giving a challenge while also not being CC immune all the time allows for some interrupt gameplay is great.I think this is the first Open world experience that’s made me rethink my builds. Like, smokescreen for thief felt like a must. And support builds are welcome in even the smallest of skirmishes. So kudos.Also, I’ll take this time to say I take back months-old comments about not having enough to do, I’ve had stuff to do every day since Forging Steel came out, including the metas for it and Whispers in the ice. 2020 has been a great year, in game at least.Going to disagree, I find the mobs far to squishy, making the fights unengaging. I've played a fair bit of this map on a number of different toons/builds and without exception I find the level of challenge far too low.At this point the only reason I am going to the map is for social reasons (my friends are playing it), not because it's fun.