Orders from Above suggestion

Orion Templar.4589

I like using traits or skills that grant a 25% movement speed increase. I'm so used to having that with all characters that when I play one without a 25% movement speed increase things just feel slow. When the Guardian trait Soaring Devastation was updated to include a movement speed increase when Wings of Resolve was not on cooldown, it made my Dragonhunter very happy and allowed him to use some runes other than Traveler's or Fireworks. I'd like to suggest that one of the Renegade traits be reworked to include a movement speed increase when Orders from Above is not on cooldown. The idea worked for Dragonhunter, and I can see it working for Renegade as well. I'd really like to be able to have a way for Renegade to have the 25% movement speed increase without requiring that to come from runes.

Use Rapid Flow and toggle yur Upkeep.

It's basically Perma Swiftness on the same level as Herald, and it doesn't take alot of effort to do.

Plus in PvE and WvW, we have mounts, so yu don't even need to bother with movement speed traits.In PvP, Incensed Response got nerfed, so tbh no point picking it over Rapid Flow or even Spirit Boon because yu get way more Might out of traits like Vindication.

Yep, these are decent workarounds - agreed. And when between battles in PvE mounts make it a moot point. My thinking was primarily about instances, in-combat walking speed, or other times when a mount isn't an option. Once a person is used to that 25% movement increase being "baseline", it just doesn't feel good going back to the normal walk speed. Agreed there are ways around it using swiftness, but I'd still love to see us get access to a passive 25% movement speed increase similar to what other professions have. Tacking it onto Orders from Above was my thought where it made the most logical sense. It also fits thematically with that skill and Kala's encouragement to "Move soldier!"

Personally, I'd love to see a 25% movement speed infusion for Amulets.

Given that they get the unique stat infusions (20% Exp, 20% gold, 15% Karma, 20% MF) having the option to get 25% MS could be neat (Shouldn't be unbalanced either, since 25% MS is fairly widely available with traits, runes and several classes with Signets and is replaced by the 33% that Swiftness grants in a lot of combat situations)

Allowing for any class to give up a bit of extra loot for that baseline speed.

Well it could be good to give renegade a bit more mov but i dont think giving it to one of the fX skills would be fair, one gives power based on the amount of kalla stacks you have , other is one of the main dmg skills on renegade either power or condi and the last is a 10 man perma alacrity wich is already too strong , all of this is when you trait the skills so i dont realy see one of the traits being replaced by a passive movement trait, if you for example changed the power skill and made something different, for example a 1 target dmg skill to give dps revs more options , or make it give an unique buff or heal then a pasive 25%movement trait could be good or maybe a skill that gives a 10%more dmg and when traited it also increase action speed (wich includes movement) by other 10% that would be a good idea, maybe overpowered but you could just lower it to 7%dmg,7%action speed when traited or something like that.But i dont realy see the other skill traits changing , at most making the alac trait dependant on kallas pasive so its not just press a button.

@Virdo.1540 said:

its what runes can do.having it in amulets would make the whole amulet-buff weird as kitten

We do not have enough useful runes which give 25% Movement speed as a 6th bonus.

Traveler is useful, but the stat spread is very awkward and sometimes alot of these stats are wasted on builds.Fireworks is the only good rune out there, but it benefits Power builds mainly. (It is also the most costly rune because of how good it is)Surging also benefits Power builds, but the 6th bonus is really unreliable and has no synergy with any build which could run it.

I'm not saying we should have a 25% movespeed bonus for every single Rune archetype based on stats, but we could definitely use more 25% movespeed Runes which can fit builds better and aren't either extremely specific to a single build or varied to the point it has many wasted stats.

Anet can start by giving us Lynx for PvE, and see if we can get a Vitality or Healing Power set going.