Is the commander on the wrong side of the war? (No quarter spoilers)

Deihnyx.6318

@"bluecheeseplate.2753" said:Well, considering that the opposing side involves getting icebrooded I'd say the Commander is on the correct end of the stick. But yeah, our allies aren't as heroic as we would've hoped, but that honestly makes me more interested in how the rest of the story would play out. Our alliances in the past were pretty smooth sailing; someone stands against us? Beat 'em up. Someone is helping us? Turns out they have the same goals in mind so they're cool.Having 'allies' with conflicting and detrimental morals, and us struggling to deal with them because we can't afford to lose anymore allies, could be a cool story element if they play it out right. And fix Smodur's IQ dive.I definitely see an internal fallout coming up and a very frustrated Commander in the future.

Since the commander is aurenes champion, the commander is pretty much way too late to regret joining with dragons and their "prophecies". You can say that the commander hasn't been corrupted but can we be sure of that? After all, the commander just follows blindly without questioning anything, even as asura/charr/norn (yes, i know all the races are human after 30 personal story but still...).

I wonder if/when aurene forces the commander to do what they don't want to do, will they realise they are not in full control or are they too far gone? Maybe choose to fight back.

I realise that anet will never do this because "chosen hero" but... would be more interesting, possibly.

• 2 weeks later...