101 Reasons why WvW is a neglected, hatred plagued meme land

K THEN.5162

@"K THEN.5162" said:Reason #3: Ranger longbow range is more than 1500, longer than sic-em in some cases

Sic Em hit the target in the first clip while the LB was out of Range on flat ground.In the second clip Ranger had high ground where LB could hit and Sic Em could not..

Edit*Just looking it up and this is right on the Wiki.

"A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves. Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height."

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:You forgot the most important one: Threads like this.

This could have been a valid topic but you are only complaining about obvious stuff with little bearing on the mode.

This is only small stuff that mildly annoys, well, you.

Doesn't have to be all me. You're all welcome to post your own gripes here. Also is this reason "bearing on the mode?"Reason #4: Anet's obvious priorities in developingAnet when the gem store has an issue:SyQmjER.jpg

Anet when WvW server reset in the middle of the week:aKmyDs1.jpg

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Still waiting for the remaining 98 reasons...

Using some anet's words: This post is meant to be a long term project in which I am currently "laying the groundwork" in order bring some of the glaring issues in WvW to light. Fear not, I am committed to this project and will continue to update the community on the progress made

Translation: I'll probably post daily for 3 or 4 days, then you might get another reason every week or so. But eventually it will take me longer than 17 months to come out with an update

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"K THEN.5162" said:Reason #3: Ranger longbow range is more than 1500, longer than sic-em in some cases

Sic Em hit the target in the first clip while the LB was out of Range on flat ground.In the second clip Ranger had high ground where LB could hit and Sic Em could not..

"A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves.
Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height
."

If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

I can imagine if game will have wall fog of war system. Like you can't see ppl in front so much. Would make wvw kinda scary

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves.
Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height
."

If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

I can imagine if game will have wall fog of war system. Like you can't see ppl in front so much. Would make wvw kinda scary

Well people will only render so far out so we do?

@Justine.6351 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

not good enough. make fog of war 5000 units. ye now we're talking.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

I think that it already is that too? 5000 range in portal range which is a long way.

@Justine.6351 said:

I think that it already is that too? 5000 range in portal range which is a long way.We cant even see stealthers at 0 range, come on.

@K THEN.5162 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Still waiting for the remaining 98 reasons...

Using some anet's words: This post is meant to be a long term project in which I am currently "laying the groundwork" in order bring some of the glaring issues in WvW to light. Fear not, I am committed to this project and will continue to update the community on the progress made

Translation:
I'll probably post daily for 3 or 4 days, then you might get another reason every week or so. But eventually it will take me longer than 17 months to come out with an update

I miss the good old times when folks understood sarcasm.....