Crafting

I am already at level 80 so I don't have to craft for the xp. I also don't need it really because I already have decent armor/weapons I think.So I want to pick up crafting to make a profit. All cost about 40 gold to master. But which is the most profitable? Because while high TP sell prices are nice, a lot of items I see require materials that are almost the same price as the item. So can anyone tell me which are still worth it or why I should choose one over the other?

Here's a veteran advice - Level up all of the crafting professions, at least to 400. Do it slowly, or do it right away, or spread them among all your alts. It doesn't matter as long as you level all of them up. Best if you can max them all. Legendary gears need at least 400 of two professions to make, and some new content released requires them as well. It will be worth it in the long run.

Regarding your question, materials are currently out of whack because of the new map. Daily time-gated ascended materials are still profitable, I think. And Xunlai Ingots from jewelcrafting is still good money.

I don't think lvl up crafting for making profit is a thing. At least not a fast profit.I'm sure there are plenty recipes that are profitable if nothing else legendary crafting is profitable. But at first people lvl crafting to make high quality gear reliably, craft stuff with unique skins and other useful stuff. In the future you might want gear with different stats, go for ascended or legendary gear .Right now the prices of lower lvl materials have plummeted and unless it stays this way it is a good time to lvl up crafting.

Crafting for profit is not a short-term deal. At least what I've experienced and read about.Look at gw2efficiency.com for what recipes sell the best. Armor and weapons would be the most obvious choice, but look into the high end components.You may find it more profitable to sell mats or crafting components.

@LisaJ.4582 said:

@Cuks.8241 said: Right now the prices of lower lvl materials have plummeted and unless it stays this way it is a good time to lvl up crafting.

Which materials do you recommend buying right now?

For what purpose? Reselling for making profit? I wouldn't dare to make assumptions on that.But in general all t2 to t4 materials and t6 trophies have dropped price significantly in the near past. Will the prices rise? who knowsOrichalcum ore went through the roof lately though. Like tripled the price.But if you intend to craft, just start crafting. No need to over think it. Start with the discipline that is useful for your characters. Go for some ascended armor or weapons. Use the stuff you get anyway with drops and if you can spare gold on it do it, otherwise don't.

@Cuks.8241 said:

But if you intend to craft, just start crafting. No need to over think it. Start with the discipline that is useful for your characters. Go for some ascended armor or weapons.

:)Sometimes I end up in the former category; spending quality gaming time trying to figure out the best method to craft my next precious. Should I buy components and mats, or just go out and farm them on my own and get a bit of Exp along the way.

I almost always default to gw2efficiency.com for most of my crafting questions; buy on TP vs Craft wholly and buying mats vs farming. It comes down to quality of time gaming.