Expansion Predictions

@VocalThought.9835 said:Another idea, and I hope this comes out before the next expansion, is a fully playable Living World Season 1. It'll also be nice that you could hop right into it as soon as you finish your personal story.

Might want to search the forums for why LS1 isn't coming back. I definitely wouldn't expect it before the next expac release.

Speaking for the ranger.The shaman's totem shouldn't be the core of the spec. The core of the spec should be AOE dmg with elements and the totems should give little to average dmg boost or support because we already have support druid but we lack AOE dmg that can benefit the groups, in lets say WvW.

Great post. B)I believe the "*" additions were possibilities of one of the three not to add all three at once. I'm sure someone already brought that up.

When deciding which weapon to assign to the new elite specialization, look at what past practice has shown and the "Weapon usability by professions"https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon#Weapon_usability_by_professions. Focus on the far-right column where it shows the number of professions + elites that can use that specific weapon.

Each new elite specialization unlocks a weapon not previously available. I would avoid those which are already unlocked for an elite twice or staff /sword which are usable by 7 and 8 professions respectively.

I believe the Thief is the best example of how to expand a core profession. First, they rolled out a melee fighter in the Daredevil: in close and brutal. Then the Deadeye expanded its range to the max. Each profession (with elites) should be able to enter combat either in melee-range or long-range with the supporting skills to add flavor.

I do like the concepts.I would like to see the Revenant or Necromancer gain access to pistols (short-/mid-range) or Rifle (mid-/long-range).Thanks for thinking of bringing the traditionally off-hand weapons to the main-hand or dual-wielding scepters.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:we already have support druid but we lack AOE dmg that can benefit the groups, in lets say WvW.Wouldn't increasing AoE damage go against the concept of support? I don't think that druid should have both.

If you read it again u'll see that it was talking about adding AOE to the shaman e-spec concept not the druid.

How about a necro/ranger/mesmer that could reanimate/charm adversaries them into fighting for you? They could be added in Utility slots 2-4 to be brought to battle once you have defeated one. A champion, like the hylek flopper would only be added to the elite skill slot.

I know it sound too much like just adding current MM skills, but ... just imagine a hoard of jungle raptors swarming your foes at your command. Or a hylek flopper interrupting (hard CC) with an amazing belly flop!

@DarkEmiLupus.2876 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:we already have support druid but we lack AOE dmg that can benefit the groups, in lets say WvW.Wouldn't increasing AoE damage go against the concept of support? I don't think that druid should have both.

If you read it again u'll see that it was talking about adding AOE to the shaman e-spec concept not the druid.

No, it wasn't clear to me. Thanks for specifying.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:Great post. B)I believe the "*" additions were possibilities of one of the three not to add all three at once. I'm sure someone already brought that up.

I wouldn't care if they added them all at once or separately. I just feel these elites are fitting to the profession theme, serve the purpose of adding new flavor and somewhat a mix of another profession, and something most would love to see.There still all separate elites that can only be played one at a time.

When deciding which weapon to assign to the new elite specialization, look at what past practice has shown and the "Weapon usability by professions"https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon#Weapon_usability_by_professions. Focus on the far-right column where it shows the number of professions + elites that can use that specific weapon.

Each new elite specialization unlocks a weapon not previously available. I would avoid those which are already unlocked for an elite twice or staff /sword which are usable by 7 and 8 professions respectively.

Yeah, I did just that. Most of the weapons are new to the profession. Only when it was fitting did I add a used weapon. Just like they did with Soulbeast, giving them a main hand dagger. If you look at the weapons you'll see that each of them is getting used by many professions.

I believe the Thief is the best example of how to expand a core profession. First, they rolled out a melee fighter in the Daredevil: in close and brutal. Then the Deadeye expanded its range to the max. Each profession (with elites) should be able to enter combat either in melee-range or long-range with the supporting skills to add flavor.

I think that is just fitting for the thief. Each profession has a different thing going on, so you have to take into consideration of what that profession is lack as far a gameplay, fitting to other or past lore or themes, or fits with the whole secondary profession.

I do like the concepts.I would like to see the Revenant or Necromancer gain access to pistols (short-/mid-range) or Rifle (mid-/long-range).Thanks for thinking of bringing the traditionally off-hand weapons to the main-hand or dual-wielding scepters.

Yeah, I saw an image of a Revenant with dual Pistols and thought that would be awesome, so I added it and called it Mist Walker. I also saw a post where someone had the idea of a Necromancer with a Rifle. I would more so like to see a Necromancer with a Shotgun. I think that's a dope image. As far as the dual Focus or dual Scepters, I think it's the most potential thing to happen, especially for a elementalist having so many skills. I would hate to see them try to come up with 20 skills for several two handed weapons, compared to making 8 with a Scepter or 12 with a main hand Focus. Main Hand Shied for a Warrior is just awesome for creating the brawler type of player, especially if you using main and off hand shield.