Chat tab locking — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Chat tab locking

Hello
Is there any update coming to lock the chat tabs? Or somehow hide the "x" and "+" button from chat.

Comments

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never knew that this was an issue requiring any update.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

I'd be lucky to hide that 'X' there, and also to prevent my mini map from changing its size. It happens so often that when I want to pan the visible part of the minimap that I resize it instead. But I guess that won't appear on the todo lists for ANet after prioritizing the issues.

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Always amazed this was never addressed, along with a default setting for when you need to recreate the tab.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Has been an issue since the beginning, I myself requested this several times, but the devs who don't play as often and extensive as their player base don't seem to acknowledge the problem nor understand the issue. Hence, nothing has been done about it to date.

• ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

Would also want to see a way to lock changing name of tabs by accident when one use the submenu to filter things in log (tab) or when one need to filter out NPC conversation in the general tab (where all map/say and tell is in one place). Too many time during a fight when one want to check something I don't get out of tab mode (for which keep focus on naming a tab) and change name in tab instead of controlling my PC.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried setting up additional channels for specific purposes rather than messing around with settings every time?

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• golemka.2157golemka.2157 Member ✭✭

Locking the size of the minimap would be also good, also to swap chat channel tabs.