What balances do you think are coming soon?

anjo.6143

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a news. They said it already a few weeks ago that the next patch will be a bigger one. They did just not say what exactly they want to adress.

Fixes for the february patch?PvP/PvE unsplittings?300s trait reworks?A global 30% sustain reduction, because most classes have several options to bunker?

Could be everything...

...it could even be good, for the first time.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of the reaper.

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA I can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

Necromancer has never been dumpster tier.

It was back when dmg in PVP was power crept to an extreme, making them extremely easy kills, and it will be if they delete the dmg.

How many times has Anet nerfed things in the wrong way? I don't for a minute trust anet not to mess up.

Anet messed up with warrior mesmers elementalists Thief class Nec Not once but many times. Sometimes they nerf the wrong thing which has been called out by people and it was literally the wrong thing, which is because they listen to Q_Q and not people who play the actual class.

I've heard from me on how to actually fix it, and we can only hope they do some of the changes which actually fix the problem not the symptoms only.

A good example: People have pointed out the radius on scourge was an issue, and they gutted everything else, so why expect differently performance-wise from ANET?

Nerfing dmg won't fix the issue of Reaper, because it will be mired by issues with life force gen and nerfing damage will just make it not worth using for the risk such as taking away quickness but leaving weapons slow or taking away damage but having 10s CD for low dmg on a weapon that's supposed to be it's special in a meta where it's tied to 2 things, which is why that is a bad idea. You create a slow monster who hits like a noodle and your special wouldn't be able to kill anyone.

It's also why some thief players argue against deleting stealth completely because they are meant to be tricksters who hide and run and attack from behind. A lot of players want to win and hate losing, and sometimes it's just easier to complain and get something that beats you deleted.

Back when the power creep happens, nec couldn't keep up with the current power creep of boon spam invuln spams and other stuff, and back in vanilla nec was trash in PVE and still has most didn't want. It's also the reason why druid lovers including me want druid spec to be able to have some effectiveness in PVP without being considered op.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of the reaper.

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA I can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

It was back when dmg in PVP was power crept to an extreme, making them extremely easy kills, and it will be if they delete the dmg.

How many times has Anet nerfed things in the wrong way? I don't for a minute trust anet not to mess up.

Anet messed up with warrior mesmers elementalists Thief class Nec Not once but many times. Sometimes they nerf the wrong thing which has been called out by people and it was literally the wrong thing, which is because they listen to Q_Q and not people who play the actual class.

I've heard from me on how to actually fix it, and we can only hope they do some of the changes which actually fix the problem not the symptoms only.

A good example: People have pointed out the radius on scourge was an issue, and they gutted everything else, so why expect differently performance-wise from ANET?

Nerfing dmg won't fix the issue of Reaper, because it will be mired by issues with life force gen and nerfing damage will just make it not worth using for the risk such as taking away quickness but leaving weapons slow or taking away damage but having 10s CD for low dmg on a weapon that's supposed to be it's special in a meta where it's tied to 2 things, which is why that is a bad idea. You create a slow monster who hits like a noodle and your special wouldn't be able to kill anyone.

It's also why some thief players argue against deleting stealth completely because they are meant to be tricksters who hide and run and attack from behind. A lot of players want to win and hate losing, and sometimes it's just easier to complain and get something that beats you deleted.

Back when the power creep happens, nec couldn't keep up with the current power creep of boon spam invuln spams and other stuff, and back in vanilla nec was trash in PVE and still has most didn't want. It's also the reason why druid lovers including me want druid spec to be able to have some effectiveness in PVP without being considered op.

Necromancer was various degrees strong throughout core. Pretty sure Condi Reaper was excellent throughout most if not all of HoT. Scourge was the king of power creep coming right out of the gates during PoF as hands down the best build in the game and stayed as one of the best builds for a long long time. Power reaper became viable, ranked more so than ATs with the change to Reaper's Onslaught grandmaster trait. Core got a deathshroud rework that made it an excellent build and potentially the best necromancer build during the final days before megabalance.

Seriously, necro has probably never been truly bad. Scourge got focused by entire teams because it was so consistently strong that if you didn't rush it as soon as possible it would wipe your entire team if you didn't have support, making it the highest priority target outside of maybe like a FA Weaver or Power Mesmer. Same was true of reaper to a lesser degree. Sure scourge fell out of favor with the self shade removal, but it had great builds to fall back on that went on to do excellent in rank and win plenty of MATs.

And necro in general came out of the megabalance VERY strong due to how much more potent shroud becomes as a mechanic when everyone's DPS was lowered.

Seriously, necros have probably never been truly bad the way other classes have been throughout various points in the game. It's never felt anywhere near as bad as, say, Elementalist and Revenant during the first 6 months of PoF.

Also not saying necro is necessarily deserving of nerfs right now or that my list of classes is a good list of what needs to be nerfed. Notice how I specifically say Revenant will be left unnerfed.

so I predict condi rev nerf. Why ? Because to mush people cry out it. Ofc I always say "if it so cool- why you not pay this? - answer - silent"

Hope in future we will get balance team, that absolutely not depend from class haters/trolls/and others..

And what personal I wait from re-balance? I wait "nothing", only changes. I don't wait some class or build balance, and don't think that this is primary target. I accept it some class can be 2x stronger then other .. I don't worry about it. We have mmr rank system, so any to top will get top. This is ok for me. So we will get some changes, some skill coefficient will be change. It have some changes only for upper plat/legend division. For others is as always more longer load on second day of week.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Necromancer was various degrees strong throughout core. Pretty sure Condi Reaper was excellent throughout most if not all of HoT. Scourge was the king of power creep coming right out of the gates during PoF as hands down the best build in the game and stayed as one of the best builds for a long long time. Power reaper became viable, ranked more so than ATs with the change to Reaper's Onslaught grandmaster trait. Core got a death shroud rework that made it an excellent build and potentially the best necromancer build during the final days before megabalance.

Seriously, necro has probably never been truly bad. Scourge got focused by entire teams because it was so consistently strong that if you
didn't
rush it as soon as possible it would wipe your entire team if you didn't have support, making it the highest priority target outside of maybe like a FA Weaver or Power Mesmer. The same was true of reaper to a lesser degree. Sure scourge fell out of favor with the self shade removal, but it had great builds to fall back on that went on to do excellent in rank and win plenty of MATs.

And necro, in general, came out of the mega balance VERY strong due to how much more potent shroud becomes as a mechanic when everyone's DPS was lowered.

Seriously, necros have probably never been truly bad the way other classes have been throughout various points in the game. It's never felt anywhere near as bad as, say, Elementalist and Revenant during the first 6 months of PoF.

Also not saying necro is necessarily deserving of nerfs right now or that my list of classes is a good list of what needs to be nerfed. Notice how I specifically say Revenant will be left unnerfed.

Nec was struggling through and reaper brought in something nec mains wanted, also mesmer was op for many years being very strong with mirage being busted.

Reaper got nerfed pretty hard left in an odd stage because reaper shroud with 10s and vulnerability, and Yes reaper was good 3 years ago, but nerfs slowly made it worse and power creep buffs to others made it worse. Nec has struggled for years due to limited mobility vs the mobility of other classes with super high mobility super high burst spammable boons and spammable invulns and evades, which until recently made things like toughness useless.

Sure scourge was part of the issue, but it got nerfed so hard, it became practically useless in SPVP when focused. Not sure how good it is now that dmg power creep has been nerfed.

Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

A buff to Bots, hackers and Wintraders. Needs to be more rewarding!

Who gives a skritt's behind what they do if the game mode is still plagued with things that should be eradicated from any pvp game mode ever. but they still roam free and will continue to do so cuz no one at office takes this seriously!

as a result, they can take their balance changes to the trash bin where it belongs

Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Core got a deathshroud reworkNo it did not. It got a cooldown reduction, a nerf of skill3 and a rework of skill2, that is not better than the old version (just different).

that made it an excellent build and potentially the best necromancer build during the final days before megabalance.No. It is the same "needs to be babysitted" thing, that necro has been into for its 8 years of lifetime.

The only meaningful impact necromancer has ever seen with a balance patch has been the buff of signet of undeath that allowed builds that can gain a good amount of life force passively, which resulted in completely new available playstyles for necromancers, that are more thought out and not just 100% offense as your offense is your defense (corrupts and LF generation via attacks).

Seriously, necro has probably never been truly bad.If you are a solo q player (what most people are) then this is simply nonsense.

It's never felt anywhere near as bad as, say, Elementalist and Revenant during the first 6 months of PoF.I did climb to plat in EU without any issues on hammer rev when the aoe condi spam was too strong (just because 90% of the playerbase sucks on hammer rev, that does not mean it is weak). There have always been extremely strong revenant builds.

He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.

Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

After all weaver had some broken stuff.

Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

Sure, Scourge got seriously nerfed. It had core and reaper to fall back on both of which continued to perform really well.

Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.

Solo necro was never a free kill in PoF. Bad necros who open the midfight by immediately charging away from the rest of their team onto the middle of the node were free kills.

Balance patch will not arrive soon, but it will definitely look like this:

"XXX prevalence in group content has been quite strong as they offer significant support options to the point that they were crowding out other builds. In particular, SKILL YYY had a bit more condition damage than was healthy, so we've sought to tweak that down while retaining its overall playstyle by removing some of its boon generation. We're also reducing SKILL ZZZ condition application and increasing WEAPON ALPHA damage in PvE as the best melee damage option should not be a ranged weapon."

With the actual patch looking like

• SKILL YYY: Fixed tooltip to match the correct effect.
  • SKILL ZZZ: Reduced burning stack from 2 to 1 but increased burning duration from 1s to 2s.
  • WEAPON ALPHA: Increased power coefficient from 1.05 to 1.10

I'm so hyped!

Sure, Scourge got seriously nerfed. It had core and reaper to fall back on both of which continued to perform really well.

Solo necro was never a free kill in PoF. Bad necros who open the midfight by immediately charging away from the rest of their team onto the middle of the node were free kills.

Yeah it was core nec and reaper suffered from power creep of other classes, and due to high dmg combined the kind of sustain nec has couldn't keep up.

This was especially noticeable if you tried to solo queue and get blown up by people with ridiculous 1 shot bursts and spammable cc combined with evades blocks evades and even spammable mobility which hard countered nec far too hard actually, and it was a result of POF power creep. the previous added some power creep but of really ramped it up to 11, especially with mirage thieves guardians revs and rangers.

Do you not remember the ridiculousness of soulbeast? also, this really affected tempest real hard too.

Nec was most noticeable along with core ele and tempest with classes suffering because of power creep on others.

The reason is simple actually: Core nec lacked good dmg tools compared to reaper and still dmg is nowhere near as good, hence payoff. Core is better for conditions and reaper is better for power with survivability needed to survive melee range and damage. If you took away either of those it would be trash tier

@"aelska.4609" said:Balance patch will not arrive soon, but it will definitely look like this:

"XXX prevalence in group content has been quite strong as they offer significant support options to the point that they were crowding out other builds. In particular, SKILL YYY had a bit more condition damage than was healthy, so we've sought to tweak that down while retaining its overall playstyle by removing some of its boon generation. We're also reducing SKILL ZZZ condition application and increasing WEAPON ALPHA damage in PvE as the best melee damage option should not be a ranged weapon."

With the actual patch looking like

• SKILL YYY: Fixed tooltip to match the correct effect.
  • SKILL ZZZ: Reduced burning stack from 2 to 1 but increased burning duration from 1s to 2s.
  • WEAPON ALPHA: Increased power coefficient from 1.05 to 1.10

I'm so hyped!

This is most likely. I think you're forgetting a few things though.Random weapon rework of a weapon nobody uses and likely still won't.Offensive mesmer traitline being reworked.Holo/engi traits getting reworked only to lead to a build that's equally as busted and still has some cheesy passive damage on dodge effect (and probably some kit rework like elixir gun while mortar and grenades still hit like a truck and go untouched.)Scourge getting another nerf despite practically nobody playing it anymore.

@"Axl.8924" said:If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

Well, the obvious "easy" fix would be to reduce both CD and autoattack damage, but the problem with not putting out balance patches often enough is you might swing too much in one direction. Personally I'd prefer they reworked/rebalanced lich's skills in a way that doesn't revolve around me spamming 1.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Holo/engi traits getting reworked only to lead to a build that's equally as busted and still has some cheesy passive damage on dodge effect (and probably some kit rework like elixir gun while mortar and grenades still hit like a truck and go untouched.)More than likely their text will be "well we think holo is overperforming" then they nerf core skills making both core and scrapper unplayable, while indirectly buffing holo.

That's what everyone cries about on the forum after all. Nerf holo, then they never say anything about holo skills only core. Because core is so OP otherwise.