Role Players getting trolled :c

@Yggranya.5201 said:I have seen RP people never using anything but emotes (how do they even do that?).

@"lokh.2695" alluded to it above; you follow "/me" in chat with whatever text you want, and it appears as emote text

The only thing I, as a person who couldn't care less about RP in this game, wished for was that RPers took their banter to /w or /d. Having the chatbox spammed by banter in /me, especially given the range of the emote chat, isn't just anoying to non-RPers but also draws attention to the RP in progres.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't RPers have they own chat area. That way it's more clean from the outsiders and RPers talking doesn't affect others. Also ability block someones talk can be usefull.

I don't support making character so that others don't see them. This is mmorpg and everyone is part of this world. I mean how to I example heal or resurect anyone, who I can't even see.

In general term, it's that social talk that starts the issues. Are they RPers or not, it's the same. Example how some players treats badly new players.

I could never get into it but it's one of my favorite things in the game coming across random role players in the open world. I try to stay back a little and not make it obvious I'm watching but I just find it charming to come across. A lot of effort goes into some of these conversations and some can be a bit boring to listen to, but you get the occasional group that's really getting into it.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I could never get into it but it's one of my favorite things in the game coming across random role players in the open world. I try to stay back a little and not make it obvious I'm watching but I just find it charming to come across. A lot of effort goes into some of these conversations and some can be a bit boring to listen to, but you get the occasional group that's really getting into it.

I have never, in any game seen people RP anywhere but in some main city "bar", pretending to drink.

I would also like the option, so I can block out Rpers who sit around clogging up servers so that people who want to actually play the game can get in and do events.Events like Octovine and TD need as many people as possible, and when people aren't helping with the meta, they are effectively blocking out people from joining because the map is full.

They are also responsible for upscaling events when they aren't even participating, making it harder for everyone else.

Roleplayers should just have their own separate servers so they can do their thing without getting in the way.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:I would also like the option, so I can block out Rpers who sit around clogging up servers so that people who want to actually play the game can get in and do events.Events like Octovine and TD need as many people as possible, and when people aren't helping with the meta, they are effectively blocking out people from joining because the map is full.

They are also responsible for upscaling events when they aren't even participating, making it harder for everyone else.

Roleplayers should just have their own separate servers so they can do their thing without getting in the way.

They did prior to megaservers.

But then people complained about empty maps.....

Actually, based from my own experience, everytime when i tried to publicly ask in map chat (casually throughout all years Im playing GW2) to ask if there are Role-Players, I had no luck. Yes, Some ppl gave me advices like go there, try Divinity Reach or other advices, but I actually had noc luck to even find any actual Role-Player so far

Basically I am asking myself if even a single real Role-Player actually exists at all in GW2 and if its not just something like "urban myth", or something like that. Never had a luck to actually saw any ingame RP in GW2 (though, i frequently saw , and sometimes even slightly participated, in Role-Play in Lineage 2 (another MMO also owned by NCsoft company).

@"kratan.4619" said:

They did prior to megaservers.

But then people complained about empty maps.....

They were only "unofficial" RP servers.

Not the point. By adding ‘Megaservers’ you have taken away any server identity outside of WvW.

Now overflow shards are different.

But without eliminating megaservers (which would have a much greater outcry), there is no way to make it work that we have been shown.

@devanea.2041 said:

@Kurrilino.2706 said:Why not trying GW1?Everything outside a city is instanced and you guy could roam and play at your hearts desire

No way, part of the point of roleplay in a MMO is to find new people to interact with. That's part of the reason people actually RP in public. Is to have the unexpected interaction with someone we've never roleplayed with before. Besides, we shouldn't have to go play there and people want to roleplay charr, asura, sylvari and norn? That is a terrible suggestion.

and unexpected interaction you got :)