Please make Sunless weapons obtainable

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Nothing in the game should take YEARS, nevermind taking YEARS with nothing to show for it.

No progress, whatsoever.

It's one of the worst parts of the entire game. This should NOT be RNG based. Make the Sunless weapons Exotic, and either change to a token system or make them tradeable on the marketplace.

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:

If only it were only a matter of farming...

Why are some people making it out like a token system or making them exotic is ANet "gifting" people the skins? You'll STILL have to work for it, you'll STILL have to grind your ass off 100+ times, the only difference is that instead of wasting your time, you are certain to progress every time.

@SevlisBavles.3059 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:

If only it were only a matter of farming...

Why are some people making it out like a token system or making them exotic is ANet "gifting" people the skins? You'll STILL have to work for it, you'll STILL have to grind your kitten off 100+ times, the only difference is that instead of wasting your time, you are certain to progress every time.

A token system let's you work towards your goal and eventually get it.If nothing but RNG is involved, you might get it after 100 times, or maybe after 1000 times.But more importantly to this discussion with the only RNG being involved you might never get it at all.

Therefore, a token system contains the idea of no longer being just victim of disgustingly abysmal RNG.That said, Arenanet has proven time and time again how much they love their abysmal RNG, so I doubt this will happen.

@"Tumult.2578" said:Having looted Teq's Horde 2 days in a row, and having several taking up bank space, I can't agree with a change.

You're opposed to a change due to being incredibly lucky?

There is some weird flex going on in this thread. "I have several so it's fine."

I have yet to see an actual good arguement against changing the RNG only aspect of these skins... Still not playing the content. To burnt out to continue without some kind of long term gaurantee. 5 years or whatever time has passed since teq was changed is too long to still have no teq skins! I wasted waaaaay too much time trying to get these skins.

@"Tumult.2578" said:The better rewards should be harder to get.They are not "harder" to get. RNG does not equal difficulty. Someone might get 16 teq weapons in 16 consecutive Teq runs. Another person might get zero Hordes doing teq every day, day after day, for 5 years straight. Which one had it harder, which one had it easier?

We have become accustomed to these methods, not against change.More like we lost any hope that something might change for the better. We didn't "get accustomed" to it - we simply gave up.

To get the long term players you need to get those basic requirements changed for everything, not just the one thing you want.Indeed, Teq is not unique in this, there's more stuff like that which could benefit from a change.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:They are not "harder" to get. RNG does not equal difficulty. Someone might get 16 teq weapons in 16 consecutive Teq runs. Another person might get zero Hordes doing teq every day, day after day, for 5 years straight. Which one had it harder, which one had it easier?

You forget that it gets harder to get motivated each day after years on end with no end in sight.So the one without a hoard, thus the one without the feeling of having been rewarded, definitely had the harder run.

It even shows in how that person plays the game.Less motivation often equals less effectiveness in the game, therefore making the game subjectively harder.

@lare.5129 said:@SevlisBavles.3059 said:

I'd rather kill Tequatl 200 times knowing I'll get it in the end than doing him 100+ times and getting absolutely nothing.people have 5+ sunless skins who do teq. They do it each day from start. You kill it only 200? It is small value. You a only on start position. After 5 years if you do teq each day you will get it. So relax and play.

I actually need 3 more to get lol, spear longbow and focus

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:They are not "harder" to get. RNG does not equal difficulty. Someone might get 16 teq weapons in 16 consecutive Teq runs. Another person might get zero Hordes doing teq every day, day after day, for 5 years straight. Which one had it harder, which one had it easier?

You forget that it gets harder to get motivated each day after years on end with no end in sight.So the one without a hoard, thus the one without the feeling of having been rewarded, definitely had the harder run.

It even shows in how that person plays the game.Less motivation often equals less effectiveness in the game, therefore making the game subjectively harder.

Exactly. In this example the one that had it harder wasn't rewarded, while the one that had it easy was. As i said, when RNG is involved, rewards end up no longer directly associated with difficulty. The main factor is luck, not effort.

The thing for me is the suggestion that you earn currency toward getting the skins or what have you doesn't fly in the face of the accepted philosophy of the game. Look at dungeons, they've had a system in place since launch where players could feel like they're always progressing toward their personal goals rather than waiting on some stroke of blind RNG luck to get what they want.

@"SevlisBavles.3059" said:Spoons as a trade-in currency, Spoons + Sunless runes as a trade-in currency, 250 of them, 500 of them, I don't care.

I'd rather kill Tequatl 200 times knowing I'll get it in the end than doing him 100+ times and getting absolutely nothing.

Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice. Don't lock them behind stupid RNG. It's been years now, please change it.

Topic Creator the weapon chest is now obtainable through dragon bash. It’s quite expensive as you will need to open about 100 gold worth of dragon coffers to get one. You might also get a gift of aurene during the process.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Coffer

@Roche.7491 said:

@"SevlisBavles.3059" said:Spoons as a trade-in currency, Spoons + Sunless runes as a trade-in currency, 250 of them, 500 of them, I don't care.

I'd rather kill Tequatl 200 times knowing I'll get it in the end than doing him 100+ times and getting absolutely nothing.

Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice. Don't lock them behind stupid RNG. It's been years now, please change it.

Topic Creator the weapon chest is now obtainable through dragon bash. It’s quite expensive as you will need to open about 100 gold worth of dragon coffers to get one. You might also get a gift of aurene during the process.

"Might" being the crucial word here. It's also RNG based.

Edit: found it:https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/hf2k05/10000_dragon_coffer_2020/10k dragon coffers. 0 tequatl hoards, 0 gifts of aurene.

Also, mentioned in the same reddit thread:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Coffer/drop_rate/2019~95k dragon coffers, 1 hoard, 1 gift

...100 gold worth of coffers for a Hoard? I don't think so.

While I appreciate that there is another way to acquire them I still have to completely depend on luck which is the real problem. This item is account bound and should not have a completely rng acquisition method. Remove the binding or provide a way to earn it. Do the same with any item that is rng only and account bound. There is no reason for this situation to exist.