[QoL] Voice chat for PVP

Pvp needs a voice chat, to increase game quality and reduce toxicity

1. game quality increase
    • game gets more coordination, since it's only duoq enabled for very good reasons, the lack of communication has increased a lot in pvp, but it is still a 5vs5 game.
    • With a voice chat we would have both good things of solo/duoq and old team q. No longer the 4-5 same teams in the top list but still the communication that this game needs in pvp.
  2. Reduce toxicity
    • with the ability to speak with people, you will not make people salty or thinking I am salty about them, a nicely smooth voice is way more healthy than a text box and some pings, most people can take it negative and start raging or thinking they doing horrible.

Pretty sure there are enough compilation videos from other places that does provide this to prove you wrong ...

The only thing that will actually improve things would be if people stopped being horrible people but that would be like saying world peace is easy because people just need to stop trying to kill each other.

I dont think enough people take gw2 pvp seriously enough to warrant a voice chat. I dont really care if they add one or not. I usually listen to music when pvping so wouldnt use voice chat.

Some corncerns I would have if they did add one though;

• Would it become unofficially mandatory. AKA you are actively giving your team a disadvantage if you didnt use it and therefore are expected to.And following that;
  • Would flaming for not using it be dealt with
  • Would verbal abuse in foreign languages be dealt with
  • Would any sexual harassment be dealt with
  • Would any racism be dealth withI dont really have faith anet can effectively monitor and punish people who would abuse voice chat.

Would ArenaNet have the storage capacity to store every voice communication? Do they have the staff to sit and listen to every recorded voice communication (that's reported)?
Guild Wars 2 chat has filters; how could voice chat be filtered?Does the game need more ways to exclude players (those that don't have voice capabilities)?Would ArenaNet want to spend resources for something that is already readily available outside the game?

Just some of the many things to consider.

@"Avatar.3568" said:

1. Reduce toxicity
    • with the ability to speak with people, you will not make people salty or thinking I am salty about them, a nicely smooth voice is way more healthy than a text box and some pings, most people can take it negative and start raging or thinking they doing horrible.

Have you ever met people??

There are very good alternative for in game voice chat! Anet doesn’t need to get into voice chat with all the headache it would entail! If you want voice chat get Discord or TeamSpeak our guild uses both we were using TS but several guildies suggested Discord so we are trying it out! While we do have rules for our voice servers but if Anet got involved in this I would think the rules would be way to strict!

@Feirlista Xv.1425 said:There are very good alternative for in game voice chat! Anet doesn’t need to get into voice chat with all the headache it would entail! If you want voice chat get Discord or TeamSpeak our guild uses both we were using TS but several guildies suggested Discord so we are trying it out! While we do have rules for our voice servers but if Anet got involved in this I would think the rules would be way to strict!

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Nah. Nah, none of that.

I recommend Discord or one of the many voice programs on the market if you want to coordinate vocally. The last thing ArenaNet needs is people complaining they were harassed over a system they can't regulate.

Idk if you get what I say, if you play ranked you can't que with 5 people and just talk in discord or TeamSpeakAnd p2+ ques on eu actually pretty pma

If they can give people a mute button, sure.

I always wished for better communication, but some people get butthurt easily. You can see why most prefer to not have it

It's definitely a false fact that it would make things worst though, a lot of players desperately need directives to perform.

@Avatar.3568 said:Pvp needs a voice chat, to increase game quality and reduce toxicity

1. game quality increase
    • game gets more coordination, since it's only duoq enabled for very good reasons, the lack of communication has increased a lot in pvp, but it is still a 5vs5 game.
    • With a voice chat we would have both good things of solo/duoq and old team q. No longer the 4-5 same teams in the top list but still the communication that this game needs in pvp.
  2. Reduce toxicity

No.