What balances do you think are coming soon?

anjo.6143

@Exci.6724 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

Well, the obvious "easy" fix would be to reduce both CD and auto-attack damage, but the problem with not putting outbalance patches often enough is you might swing too much in one direction. Personally I'd prefer they reworked/rebalanced lich's skills in a way that doesn't revolve around me spamming 1.

Honestly, maybe lich should be deleted and put back into others. I think the elite abilities detract from regular stuff because having abilities that are too strong and both considered also niche is a bad thing.

It would be nice if dmg got put into core shroud but put some exception that makes you need to pick power traits and need to sacrifice some sustain so it's not too strong but not too weak either.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"wux.7314" said:I hope they nerf condition damage as a whole TBH. I'm getting pretty bored of using condi builds and also fighting other ppl using them... every death recap involves conditions as the top damaging skills.

I hope you realize that people use condition builds because the direct damage got lowered quite handily and now some specs happen to be literally impervious to direct dmg unless heavily outnumbered so.....any nerf to condition dmg must bring nerf to the sustain of some specs : prot holo- necro in general(death carapace), revenant I'd say also...yeah I may forget something but you get the idea, any nerf to condi build will require some "butchering" of your builds too because otherwise we'd really sink into the worst bunker meta to date

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

oh yeah, reaper is so slow. Oh wait, perma swiftness with speed runes and two teleports and a dash :)

Without quickness the reaper attacks would be super slow, so unless they actually make reaper shroud attack faster but without quickness, it would be simply too slow.

Also, anyone can abuse those speed runes, because without it reaper is really friggin slow, and I mean really slow. It's not like guardians can't use it, and rumor has it they are very slow but they too have a ton of sustain with dmg combined. Take a look at who is being complained about most right now: holosmith and guardian, and guardian has had some broken stuff for a while now. Who is it exactly who do people complain about with condis? that's right, condition revs and burn guardians.

Also, teleports? really? Nec has really limited teleport compared to other classes, and you going to go after them? Isn't it kinda unfair to say a class is mobile because a rune that everyone can use?

Don't forget reaper shroud A: acts as both defense and attack, so if you drain it, they are vulnerable for 10S which unlike guardians can have access to their sustain and attack immediately. 10 seconds is an eternity in a battle of being vulnerable. It would be like complaining about Tempest overload and forgetting it has an actual cast time and you need to be within melee range to use it and makes you very vulnerable to attacks.

I guess if you had it your way Reaper would do no damage and stand there and die as a target dummy right?

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

oh yeah, reaper is so slow. Oh wait, perma swiftness with speed runes and two teleports and a dash :)

Without quickness the reaper attacks would be super slow, so unless they actually make reaper shroud attack faster but without quickness, it would be simply too slow.

Also, anyone can abuse those speed runes, because without it reaper is really friggin slow, and I mean really slow. It's not like guardians can't use it, and rumor has it they are very slow but they too have a ton of sustain with dmg combined. Take a look at who is being complained about most right now: holosmith and guardian, and guardian has had some broken stuff for a while now. Who is it exactly who do people complain about with condis? that's right, condition revs and burn guardians.

Also, teleports? really? Nec has really limited teleport compared to other classes, and you going to go after them? Isn't it kinda unfair to say a class is mobile because a rune that everyone can use?

Don't forget reaper shroud A: acts as both defense and attack, so if you drain it, they are vulnerable for 10S which unlike guardians can have access to their sustain and attack immediately. 10 seconds is an eternity in a battle of being vulnerable. It would be like complaining about Tempest overload and forgetting it has an actual cast time and you need to be within melee range to use it and makes you very vulnerable to attacks.

I guess if you had it your way Reaper would do no damage and stand there and die as a target dummy right?

I play reaper quite a lot and can say that it is pretty mobile, you can even use a big part of the dash without using lifeforce. Guardian can't run speed runes bc how tf is it supposed to get swiftness? Both teleports are incredible good btw

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

God forbid powerful attacks are actually slow to land....why don't I get churning earth with 1/2s cast time then?

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!"

Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + perma swiftness and quickness access.

Eventually we'll get there just remember that Reaper is not flying under the radar at all

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

God forbid powerful attacks are actually slow to land....why don't I get
churning earth
with 1/2s cast time then?

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!"

Reaper was supposed to be slow
for a very good reason
the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a
death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + perma swiftness and quickness access.

Eventually we'll get there just remember that Reaper is not flying under the radar at all

If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please.First of all deaths carapace doesnt give 600 toughness, but rather 300.Sec of all you wont have perma 30 stacks, more to about 20-25 making it less then half of what you are saying, and thirdly nobody good runs that line for reasons, and most importantly not a reaper.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason
the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a
death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please.First of all deaths carapace doesnt give 600 toughness, but rather 300.Sec of all you wont have perma 30 stacks, more to about 20-25 making it less then half of what you are saying, and thirdly nobody good runs that line for reasons, and most importantly not a reaper.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death%27s_CarapaceAt best you're a silver mesmer main , for the last time stop embarrassing yourself by quoting my posts, you clearly know 1/4 of what you assume to know..and pls at the very least try to read the comments properly, the post says perma swiftness and nowhere it says perma death carapace...begone for the last time!

@Arheundel.6451 said:Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Does pvp have higher carapace stack maximum? March nerfed pvp's version to +10 per stack, so assumingly it would be 300 maximum.I haven't seen any meta builds with Death Magic since then (or ever).

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:death carapace =600 toughnessBeen over 3 months since this was changed

Balance involves more than PvP in this game..read my post above

I read it but still don't get the point..its the PvP section so most, if not all, things here would/should pertain to PvP.

Secondly you try to discredit @Leonidrex.5649 but they are right. Their first point, it doesn't give 600 toughness rather 300, is true relevant to where you are currently posting and has been since the 4th of March. If the point is well it gives 600 in other modes then cool, stuns do damage in other modes and coefficients are higher, some things have different ICD or even values that change the trait...point being..none of them are PvP so aren't relevant to the current area being discussed. Their second point is also valid when you read your post..because you say 600 which always assumes max stacks. Their last point, nobody really runs DM anymore, is also pretty valid since its nerf the opportunity cost to take it isnt great. As a reaper you have 1 spare traitline since you have to take soul reaping because everything it provides can't really be passed up on reaper.

I don't see the need for the personal attacks when the things they brought up, were quoting, and were questioning are technically correct where you're wrong.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:death carapace =600 toughnessBeen over 3 months since this was changed

Balance involves more than PvP in this game..read my post above

I read it but still don't get the point..its the PvP section so most, if not all, things here would/should pertain to PvP.

Secondly you try to discredit @Leonidrex.5649 but they are right. Their first point, it doesn't give 600 toughness rather 300, is true relevant to where you are currently posting and has been since the 4th of March. If the point is well it gives 600 in other modes then cool, stuns do damage in other modes and coefficients are higher, some things have different ICD or even values that change the trait...point being..none of them are PvP so aren't relevant to the current area being discussed. Their second point is also valid when you read your post..because you say 600 which always assumes max stacks. Their last point, nobody really runs DM anymore, is also pretty valid since its nerf the opportunity cost to take it isnt great. As a reaper you have 1 spare traitline since you have to take soul reaping because everything it provides can't really be passed up on reaper.

I don't see the need for the personal attacks when the things they brought up, were quoting, and were questioning are technically correct where you're wrong.

The thread is about overall balance first of all and I am talking about balance and I don't care about the necro police coming after me, I dealt with all "profession police departments" and I am still here stating the truth and that's why people come on me with personal attacks!

@Leonidrex.5469If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please

That's a personal attack out of the blue and pure spite, I tend to ignore these individuals..but at I had to correct him (again like always) for others to see . Secondly the state of reaper is anything but balanced even in PvP and I consider necro as being far worst to face than a revenant....you can go and fight a bad revenant with a core ele...you can't even defeat a bad necro by comparison while playing a core ele : you need actually effort to overcome a badly played necro

It's the idea that I need to put ""effort" to beat the bads of a particular class that shed light on the actual problem here : too much reward for the level of skill required to play a necro atm.

Lastly...yes http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSA4BYB0AA reapers do run death magic...so far necro mains stated they don't run : blood magic..or death magic...unbelievable such liars

Can we not act like they've personally pooped in our cereal? Thanks. They have, over the years attempted to optimize each profession with varying results. I appreciate the efforts. They also adjusted a few items with the UI. I still have to use ARCdps to get rid of the huge damage numbers that obscure the action so if they could add that option that would be appreciated. I do still think that all the traits that are unselectable should be universal in their applications to the profession instead of niche. I expect them to change the shatters of mirage as well.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason

At best you're a silver
mesmer main
, for the last time stop embarrassing yourself by quoting my posts, you clearly know 1/4 of what you assume to know..and pls at the very least try to read the comments properly, the post says perma swiftness and nowhere it says perma death carapace...begone for the last time!

what is wrong with you man? I pointed out you are wrong and instead of admitting you made a mistake you not only insult me but also go further up into lies.+10 Toughness per stack in PvPmax stacks 30. 30x10=300its as simple as that, go on. make another witty insult towards me, go ahead

@HotDelirium.7984 said:Can we not act like they've personally pooped in our cereal? Thanks. They have, over the years attempted to optimize each profession with varying results. I appreciate the efforts. They also adjusted a few items with the UI. I still have to use ARCdps to get rid of the huge damage numbers that obscure the action so if they could add that option that would be appreciated. I do still think that all the traits that are unselectable should be universal in their applications to the profession instead of niche. I expect them to change the shatters of mirage as well.

They're not trying to optimize each profession...they merely try to please the playerbase and that gives different results than what it should really be, when you design a class/spec to have weaknesses and then you cave in and remove those weaknesses...that's not optimization that's powercreeping.

rev need some nerffor the condi build it's need a sustain nerf like demonic defiancepower build need small damage nerf

holo grenade have to be nerfcondi thief have to be nerfnecro need to have a nerf of his life force regenrez skill like glyph ele need to have a longer cd

up a bit warrior and mesmer and other trash thing on other class and it's ok7

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason

At best you're a silver
mesmer main
, for the last time stop embarrassing yourself by quoting my posts, you clearly know 1/4 of what you assume to know..and pls at the very least try to read the comments properly, the post says perma swiftness and nowhere it says perma death carapace...begone for the last time!

what is wrong with you man? I pointed out you are wrong and instead of admitting you made a mistake you not only insult me but also go further up into lies.+10 Toughness per stack in PvPmax stacks 30. 30x10=300its as simple as that, go on. make another witty insult towards me, go ahead

@Leonidrex.5469If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please

This is a personal attack, treat people like you'd like to be treated...without using demeaning language

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason

At best you're a silver
mesmer main

This is a personal attack, treat people like you'd like to be treated...without using demeaning language

I am, if im wrong correct me

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason
the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berserker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a **death carapace =600 toughness Perma swiftness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + Perma swiftness and quickness access.

What leonidrex said is true. And also quickness is what helps reapers slow attacks land.

I heard comparisons of the reaper with warriors, but attacks are at times clunky to land. There is a reason why more noticeable folks in nec community want quickness replaced with actual speed on the attacks, because what good is an attack if you cannot land it due to how slow it is? Being too slow is too punishing for landing a blow.

@Arheundel.6451the reason I told you to not talk about things you have no clue about is since you HIGHLITED the part that is wrong yourself.The main point you tried to make is wrong, and you didnt even cared to correct it, and instead called me silver.I remain with what I have said, good reaper wont run death magic, they can survive without it and get much more damage.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

churning earth

for a very good reason
the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berserker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a **death carapace =600 toughness Perma swiftness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + Perma swiftness and quickness access.

What leonidrex said is true. And also quickness is what helps reapers slow attacks land.

I heard comparisons of the reaper with warriors, but attacks are at times clunky to land. There is a reason why more noticeable folks in nec community want quickness replaced with actual speed on the attacks, because what good is an attack if you cannot land it due to how slow it is? Being too slow is too punishing for landing a blow.

Some skills in this game are slow to land for a very good reason and necro is not the only class having them. The damage of these skills is so high that the slow cast animation is warranted otherwise I don't see why ,this ability to bypass the original design of skills, is not extended to other professions.

Give quickness spam to an ele and let's see if the "community" like to be insta downed by a churning earth or be totalized by a couple of Dragon's tooth

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Arheundel.6451the reason I told you to not talk about things you have no clue about is since you HIGHLITED the part that is wrong yourself.The main point you tried to make is wrong, and you didnt even cared to correct it, and instead called me silver.I remain with what I have said, good reaper wont run death magic, they can survive without it and get much more damage.

The point was the overall balance of the game and if you want to consider only the PvP..go on and do that, in the end the original point remains : right now we have a relatively mobile high HP fortress dealing crit levels of dmg comparable to pre-patch Arcing slice.

Dropping spite in favor of Death merely reduce the dmg overall by 2-3k in worst case scenarios, we're still talking about 3-4k crit dmg hits on targets with as much as 1800 toughness which should equal to 2900 armor.....that's hardly the sacrifice

The spec was granted that level of dmg because of the supposed lack of mobility and then all of that changed with speed runes, quickness trait etc etc

We have reached a point where the spec is barely weak to great ranged pressure and when played at mediocre levels, why some professions get to have so much sustain without doing anything other than move around